¬ NOTICE: It's a sad day. After 15 years, ShareTV is closing down on Dec 31st. Learn more here.
Type
Scripted
Premiered
Aug. 07, 2005
Status
Completed/Ended
Runtime
30 min.
Country
USA
Network
Showtime TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Weeds tv show photo

Weeds

After her husband's sudden death, suburban single mother Nancy Botwin decides to sell weed to support her family. She soon learn how to make her business grow even more and, before you know it, naive soccer mom becomes involved in drug dealing and Mexican organized crime. Now, she is finally ready to make a fresh start in the Big Apple or at least she thinks so..

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
echick
pro
Weeds rocks

It has to be by far my favorite show, all the characters have some interesting aspect to them, I even like the ones you're supposed to hate! The writers of this show have an awesome sense of humor and imagination!

15 years ago
Comments
nakara11
expert

welcome to the club... Bucabailey5...

14 years ago

If they are getting rid of Little Boxes theme, then what will they replace it with?

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@nakara11 -- I'm here (sort of) recovering from an illness and not online as much lately. But yes, I did get the first episode and yes, we watched it and, of course I want *more*! I love what they're doing to Celia (little b......) *giggle*

@kolbinfo -- I did like the "little boxes" with the fire and smoke and all but I would love a little change in theme song. Well, we'll see what they have ready for us Monday (or Tuesday) :D

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

No clue zandar.

Welcome back Devaasha..hope your feeling better. Yes, Celia is getting it isn't she....lovin it!

14 years ago

Celia deserves all the punishment. Remember the Silas incident, and the pool incident right afterward? Also how she treats her ex and kid is awful.

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

Karma baby!!! what comes around...goes around....full circle!!!

14 years ago

yep just like my name is earl.LOL

14 years ago
parm
pro

i'm lovin all the practicing goin on

14 years ago
parm
pro

btw...i noticed no song intro....but i did find the weeds title at the borders cool for the change

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

Yeah ..there was no song...

^***** SPOILER ALERT*****^

Did anyone get a look a Celia..Wow...they really are not being nice to her at all....lol...

14 years ago

I'm wondering how that bendehoe, dirty dea agent, got the pic of Nancey.

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

Me Too!!! Who is watching them....

14 years ago

@nip was there a mangled version of little boxes at the end??

14 years ago
parm
pro

i have a feeling they might make nancy smuggle someone across the border too

14 years ago

I'd like to see that. It could be very funny.

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

I have a feeling you are right parm.
Yes I think I would like to see that too!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

Finally got to see the latest episode (chaos can be time consuming).

I find it kind of interesting that, once again, Nancy has a man (Guillermo) running her show and "teaching" her. I hope they don't have her smuggle any person across the border; that's really not the point of the show (IMHO, of course)

As for Celia, I'd feel a lot sorrier for her had I not been paying attention the last three seasons. Boy! Is she going to be P.O'd when she gets out!

Can't wait 'til Monday (though I probably won't get to see it 'til Tuesday or Wednesday (sigh)

14 years ago

You really think Celia will get out? She is not too bright. She could have turned on the blonde guy who smiled too much. He was dirty and that was very obvious. But no she turns on Nancey. Now that was low.

14 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

As far as Celia goes, I don't think she sees herself as guilty of anything, so all she has to do is tell the truth... She was never part of the gang, so there is no reason for her to try and protect them... I think she liked the idea of being a bit naughty by renting the house out to them, but I'm sure she never saw herself as a criminal.

Trying to implicate Matthew Modine's character wouldn't get her out of jail because he had nothing to do with the drugs... I see no reason for the DEA to care about property scams funded by some bogus religious organization...

And as for Nancy, I think the writers have done a great job of sketching a character who appears strong on the outside, but has no real inner source of strength. She fell apart when her husband died and is merely "faking it" when it comes to heading up the family... I think she's just a highly-functioning basket case, which is what makes her character so interesting...

14 years ago

@kolbinfo i agree with you about nancy, she is just living day to day without really making any long term plans. Are the kids going to school anymore and surely the police and insurance people will want to speak to everyone who's house has been destroyed. But she's just vanished which is a bit suspicious.
Not sure if i want celia to get out just now she's the thing that links the old location and characters into this new storyline

14 years ago

Valid points made. I guess we will see tonight what will happen next. Happy veiwing everyone.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@kolbinfo-- I agree with you on Nancy. I think that might be why she attracts and accepts other people's pushing her around (or "teaching") her. I am surprised that someone who seems so intelligent doesn't/didn't have any other decent employment skills. But that's the story I guess.

As for Celia I suspect she'll have to do time of some sort. Even if she's only convicted of renting the house to growers, they'll confiscate the house and give her time (or at least that's the way it usually works in California) for that.

@windsorboyd -- She just got to her father-in-law's. I don't know if it's summer at this point in the series or not, so the kids may not need to be registered yet. I also don't see her settling in for long with Daddy-in-law.

The police and law enforcement would probably not run down everyone's who's house has burned. I suspect a lot of people vanished as their property and all their possessions were destroyed. Now, if Nancy applies for an insurance claim on her house, they may investigate it further, but at the end of last season the "news" was saying that the fires started at a certain point (the biker's grow house/field?) so they're not really looking for arsonists.

D/loading #3 now -- can hardly wait!

14 years ago

*****************Posible Spoiler alert***************************

Nice episode. I guess Celia is smart when she needs to be, but I don't see her bringing in Guillermo. And if he catches her snooping around he may just disappear her.

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

Again zandar...I think you might be onto something.

14 years ago

Yeah I catch things...from time to time.
;-)

14 years ago

good episode

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

^^^^^^^^^^^^SPOILER ALERT***************

I couldn't help but wonder doing that episode if he saw her. I pretty sure Nancy did not.....but.....he seems to be one step ahead of the game....for now.

14 years ago
newlinux
guru

@nakara11
******* POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT **********************

me too... I mean, what really was the security breach he was referring to?

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

@newlinux
****************SPOILER ALERT*********************

maybe that nancy's dead husband guy from before and his partner were not really good guys?.....

14 years ago

That seems to be more than likely. But I could be wrong.
It happens...from time to time.
:-)

14 years ago

this sounds interesting

14 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

@nakara
****Season 3 discussion*****
It was already established that Nancy's second dead husband (Scottson), the DEA agent, was dirty - as was his partner (Fundis - aka acid reflux guy), and their boss (Tillman) found out they were dirty during the time when his partner wanted to investigate his (Scottson's) disappearance. Tillman didn't do anything about Scottson's disappearance because it would look bad for the agency. What Tillman didn't know, is that Nancy was involved in the drug trade, something he does now...
******Security Breach*******
They could alway reprise Fundis if they wanted to throw a "security breach" wrench into things, other than Celia fumbling around. Fundis may have been keeping an eye on Nancy all this time.... That seems like a bit of a reach to me, but you never know on this show, do you?

14 years ago
thetrekhippy

Alert Alert the following release of Weeds is password protected and requires registration to a website to get the password.

Weeds.S04E04-XviD.rar Hash code 789DBDA1E31D6335B524FC250B35CC0A4DF7EDB5 found on ISOhunt.

14 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Thats what you get for downloading a fake, try waiting until the episode has aired before looking

14 years ago
thetrekhippy

LOL well now it doesn't air at the same time everywhere or at least some shows don't.

At any rate, It's out on Demonoid now. A real one. Thanks!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

Also on EZTV (was posted 12 minutes ago)

D/loading it as I type :)

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

*************SPOILER ALERT *****************

"What happened to all the cheese?"

14 years ago

LOL
I told you they would catch the Idiot.
btw it has a nice new intro, but no music. lol

14 years ago
parm
pro

i knew they sneak someone over the border...but yeah, i like the creative ways they have the intro...cant wait to see last nights episode

14 years ago

It's good you are in for a treat.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! *giggle*

What *has* dear Celia gotten herself into *this* time? (snort)

14 years ago

She has fallen into a Viper den. LOL
Poor Celia.

14 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

The writers are still surprising me, what a great show. Albert Brooks has been a delight to watch. I don't know how they do it, but they seem to strike an amazing balance between tragedy and comedy, nearly every episode.

@Zanderblade, I'm also getting a kick out of the show's logo morphing out of something else each week.

14 years ago

Makes you wonder if the writers and producers are smoking the product before making the show.

14 years ago
newlinux
guru

Well, it is always good to do your "research" for writing and acting :)

14 years ago

another good episode this week , who would think that a group of people sitting around sniping at each other could be so funny, nancy's delivery of her dialogue is priceless, so understated but so effective. Poor Celia rofl can't wait to see what she does now, she seems to get in more trouble than nancy

14 years ago
parm
pro

i miss conrad

14 years ago
parm
pro

i'm surprised no one mentioned silas and his van

14 years ago

*****************Spoiler in response*****************************

@parm

I miss Conrad too, but I'm sure they will find a way to bring him back. What is there to say about Silas and his van? Two pot head have it impounded and now he has to bribe them to get it back. I truly doubt it will be that bad.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@zanderblade What makes you think they'll bring Conrad back? It actually wouldn't make sense for the whole cast to wind up in the same place after the fire. At least it would seem awfully contrived to me.

Next episode tomorrow :)

14 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.