¬ NOTICE: It's a sad day. After 15 years, ShareTV is closing down on Dec 31st. Learn more here.
Type
Scripted
Premiered
Aug. 07, 2005
Status
Completed/Ended
Runtime
30 min.
Country
USA
Network
Showtime TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Weeds tv show photo

Weeds

After her husband's sudden death, suburban single mother Nancy Botwin decides to sell weed to support her family. She soon learn how to make her business grow even more and, before you know it, naive soccer mom becomes involved in drug dealing and Mexican organized crime. Now, she is finally ready to make a fresh start in the Big Apple or at least she thinks so..

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
echick
pro
Weeds rocks

It has to be by far my favorite show, all the characters have some interesting aspect to them, I even like the ones you're supposed to hate! The writers of this show have an awesome sense of humor and imagination!

15 years ago
Comments
fuzzhead
regular

this show is the main reason i joined this site...
so i can discuss episodes with others across the world, if you haven't seen this show yet I highly recommend it.

15 years ago
fuzzhead
regular

also feel free to chat in my guest book about this show or "curb your enthusiasm" (my 2 favorites)

15 years ago

@hush
Look up in this thread uncertaingod posted the link to season 1 & 2 and that is what I downloaded from, not sure if it is one of the torrents that you can just download the episodes that you want, but I remember that I could not find a season 1 only download.

15 years ago
nakara11
expert

Let the countdown begin! Weeds returns in alittle less than 2 months!!!!

14 years ago
luacheia
expert

I read in some place that the family will go live in Mexico.

14 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

There moving to the border so they can traffic.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

Where ever they move, Nancy will manage to get herself into trouble (giggle)

Only a few weeks left (to wait)!!

14 years ago

looking forward to the new series

14 years ago
hush320
guru

I have watched up to season 02. Its really interesting now. Really like the fact that Nancy is becoming a real dealer.

14 years ago
nerys
guru

Oh yes June 16th here we come!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

nerys - Four more weeks to wait. Patience isn't one of my strong suits. I keep wondering where Nancy will wind up and I keep trying to avoid spoilers before the season starts. Tough balancing act *giggle*

14 years ago
luacheia
expert

Yes! Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Four weeks is a long times, doesn't it?

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@luacheia - Seems like forever, but it'll come and go before we know it and we'll be praying for one more season. *giggle*

14 years ago
tmtmtmtmtm
guru

WooHoo! I didn't think it'd be back until fall. I love how cable gives us Good Stuff in the summer!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

tm5 - I'm glad they're beginning to show real seasons of new shows in the summer. Used to be movies (old) and re-runs for up to 5 months (sigh)

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

It just occurred to me that since Nancy is moving on, wouldn't the other supporting cast change as well? Do you think they'll all meet at the shelter and decide to go some where together? Doesn't seem reasonable. And what about Hailia and Conrad? I'd hate to loose those characters; they add so much spice. Hmm....

14 years ago
tmtmtmtmtm
guru

devaasha - Summer used to be such a vast wasteland for tv. Cable now gives us Good Stuff and torrents mean I can watch them whenever I want to. And, I don't have to set the VCR to catch my shows.

On Weeds (and Nancy): Obviously her kids will go with her, and BIL; maybe Conrad? But, it won't be hiding if anyone else follows along.

And, no place does Little Boxes like Southern California, so I don't know (physically) where they would go.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@ tm5 BIL? Who's that? Andy? (brother in law?). I'd really hate to loose Kevin Nealon; it's the best role he's ever had.

There's lots of places with "Little Boxes". The original was outside of San Francisco. So maybe they'll stay in California.

Guess we can only speculate 'til the '16th :D

14 years ago
nerys
guru

@devaasha

Oh I agree about Doug's character being the best Kevin Nealon has done. He is the perfect slimeball we all secretly love! Or is that only me? lol 33 more days yippee.

14 years ago
tmtmtmtmtm
guru

@devaasha BIL-Brother-in-law. You're right about Kevin Nealon, but I don't know how he can follow them.

The subdivision used in the show is in Southern California (not too far from where I grew up). The "Agrestic" sign is from the Stevenson Ranch, which I've driven past many times. It must have been built in the late 80s because it wasn't there when I was in college.

They could go to the Phoenix area. There are (seemingly) millions of new Little Boxes there.

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

33days is that all...

I love kevin/doug...i know people like him..or rather knew people like him..(i have nothing else to say about that...lol)

14 years ago
nerys
guru

Aha another closet Nealon lover confesses lol

14 years ago
nerys
guru

Only 13 more days to go and here is a link to what they call a preview. It is only the latest incarnation of the opening theme.
http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

That's it...just 13 more days..WooHoo...cn hardly wait.!!!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

..... six days and counting :D

14 years ago
quark
guru

Yeah PPYD

S4x01 Mother Thinks the Birds are After Her - Jun. 16, 2008 10:00PM EST

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

Wow ..this really come upon us fast...so cool!!!...

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

I've heard rumors that Halia and Conrad won't be in this season. If true, that's a shame; I really liked both characters. But I'm sure that whatever they've got up their sleeves will take us for another wild ride *giggle*

14 years ago
newlinux
guru

I saw Conrad giving an interview talking about how much he'll miss the show... that is sad, but I'm open to new things. I still miss u-turn.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@newlinux --Well, it's not like they can just transplant Agrestic as a whole to where ever they're moving.... wouldn't make any sense. Only four days left.......

14 years ago
nerys
guru

4 days to go :)

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

pittsburgh!!..pittsburgh!!!..pittsburgh!!.. That is my vote! I guess we will find out in a few days!!!

14 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

It's the Mexico border.

14 years ago
thetrekhippy

I am gonna flood out here in Iowa before it starts again! I can't wait for my Weeds! fix. I just got Kevin Nealon to add me to his myspace friends list!!! I am so happy!

Seriously folks thanks so much for all your concern. Fortunately, the home I share with my friends is on a hill that is pretty high so I think we will be ok, but the water is less than ten blocks from my house, where the hospital had to evacuate.

As you can see from the national news, the new season will be a more than welcome diversion.

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

@thetrekhippy -- Having gone through some horrendous floods myself (used to live in Northern California by the Russian River where floods were fairly common), I know how horrible they are, and my best wishes go out to you and yours. Hope you stay dry!!

Only two more days to wait for Weeds, hold in there! :D

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

36 hours to go!!!! Yippee!!!

14 years ago
devaasha
pro

Are we going to have a real countdown? *giggle*
Tomorrow night.... at some point, the torrent will be posted (no Showtime in Mexico) and we will have a new episode to watch. Not too long a time to wait. :D

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

I think you and I are the most excited about this show coming back. So yeah..what's wrong with a countdown?!

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

in my best quark..

Weeds returns in 10 hours, 57 minutes

(04x01 Mother Thinks the Birds are After Her - Jun. 16, 2008 10:00PM EST)

14 years ago
newlinux
guru

Hey, I'm pretty excited about the return of the show. I don't watch many comedies, this is pretty much my favorite.

14 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

I'm liking the new location and I loved what the old crew did.

14 years ago

DL now can't wait, can't believe i forgot this was on, it didn't show up on my upcoming favs!!

14 years ago

oops yes it did, it's on there 3 times , i'm going mad obviously

14 years ago
newlinux
guru

Good premiere, some kinks to work out with the old crew, but lots of possibilities.

14 years ago

looking forward to next week, i hope there is a way to keep as many of the old crew as possible. glad little boxes is still there lol

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

I loved how they did little boxes and showed smoke during the intro....

14 years ago
nakara11
expert

We waited and waited for this show!!! Where are you devaasha?!!!

14 years ago

Looks to be a very good season so far. : )

14 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I enjoyed the new season premiere as well. I wasn't sure about how Albert Brooks would fit in, but I find his character sharp and amusing.

This is the last of the Little Boxes theme, however... It was a nice farewell though... Nancy's not in suburbia anymore...

14 years ago
bucabailey5

Great show! I'm hooked on Weeds

14 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.