Country
USA
Network
CBS TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Two and a Half Men tv show photo

Two and a Half Men

A hedonistic jingle writer's free-wheeling life comes to an abrupt halt when his brother and 10-year-old nephew move into his beach-front house.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
sentria
regular
The New Two and a Half Men

I think that the producers of Two and a Half Men missed the obvious answer to the departing Charlie Sheen, and keep the integrity of the show intact.

Herb should have divorced Judith and moved into the beach house with Allen. The chemistry is already there and it could have been a smooth change over.

I think bringing in Ashton Kushner changes the whole dichotomy of the show and will be awkward for the viewer. I also believe that this is the beginning of the end of a show that still had alot of potential.

Anyone care to discuss?

9 years ago
Comments
hoodmk2
guru

I am not sure that the Herb - Allen chemistry is sufficient ot hold the show - they did a couple of episodes where Herb was explored and though funny not sure the series could be sustained.

The adding of an external person like Kutcher allows the show to explore other storylines and characters. Having said that, it will be interesting to see how the series unfolds - I think there will be so much pressure on Jon Cryer as he really needs someone to bounce off and as yet I am not sure that Kutcher charcater is one to do this with - I think they have this season to make it work and in fact probably only a hand full of episodes before audiences start looking elsewhere. Time will tell

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I wasn't impressed with this seasons first show, granted it is a 2 parter. The producers relied too much on Ashton Kutcher's nudity. Honestly it was a little embarassing to watch. I hope the series improves,

I'll still watch it, hoping for improvments.

If the new format doesn't work, Charlie still can be brought back by simply having Allen waking up and thinking that it was all a dream. Other shows have used that idea such as the second Bob Newhart wakeing up with his wife from the first Bob Newhart show.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

They just paid him $25Mill - I don't think they are bringing Charlie back. I think the producers want to get to the end of the 2 year period that they have pre paid for and won't want to cancel the series and pay out more contracts.

I agree that I don't quite see the chemistry between AK and Jon Cryer but I am willing to give it a go.

9 years ago
sentria
regular

Wow, I was unaware of the investment that has been paid. I'm sure they must have a plan B incase this format takes a nose dive.

I just can't see the nudity that was in the season opener being acceped long term. I'll be real interested to see how Allen stays in the house after it's sold.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I meant they paid Charlie Sheen $25 Mil to break his contract

9 years ago

I'm not against ashton but I think they screwed the pooch when they made him a broken hearted billionaire ,I mean if he was charlie bastard son I could see a funny future to the show, I mean this will justify the relationship that will occur between ashton and the rest of the crew

9 years ago
jessy01

Let give Ashton some credit. Let us wait and see what he can offer the show.

9 years ago
mnr
pro

i miss charlie, ashton won't fill his space.. but at least thhe producers brought someone good to this character

9 years ago
tash845
guru

Yes, the character of Charlie was great ... let's see what the writers do with Walden. Lots of new material to freshen up the show for Alan, his son, Berta and Mom, etc.

9 years ago
sentria
regular

Still having a problem with the nudity. I think it's kind of desperate.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

2nd episode -not so good - felt very forced

9 years ago
tash845
guru

Maybe the character of Berta will be getting more air time.

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I think the show needs a new name

9 years ago
tvhook

Can anyone suggest a new name for it? just for fun..

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

It's almost like 3 half men now

9 years ago
tash845
guru

lol

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I find myself focusing on how lame the story is and forgetting to enjoy the comedy - I am not sure this one will recover for me

9 years ago
joaoal
guru

just cancel it please.

some very good writers can make a great new show.

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I'm really on the fence with 2HM. I want to like it but I'm having difficulty with it. I guess I'll give it a couple more shows to prove itself.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Sentria has summed up my feelings exactly

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I was reading reviews for the new season tonight. Seems alot oe people aren't impressed with the new show.

I started to watch a repeat of the season opener but I turned it off. I can still watch the older shows over and over again.

Charlie Sheen is the show.

9 years ago
jaaa

I agree that doesn't look like the old show, but I still like it.

Every episode is funny and I'm glad that Berta finally got a bigger role.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Didn't really enjoy latest episode

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I'm with you hoodmark2.

9 years ago
shaz692
expert

I really don't think that this show is that good anymore. Because, how they took off Charlie Sheen. He made the series a lot more funny. Austion Kucter- (how ever you spell it), he made the series a little bit boring.... I'm just saying what i think of the show now. So, don't judge! Lol.

Kthanksbye.

9 years ago
zodiac
regular

I am really not impressed so far. Ashton Kutcher is a funny guy, but he's just not able to fill out Charlies shoes in any way. At least not in my book.

There are funny moments, but from my point of view we are a long way from the Charlie era.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

The show seems to have degenerated into lots of sex jokes and slapstick

They also don't seem to know what to do with Jake

9 years ago
ddiggity
junior

I really liked the first (new) episode and thought that it was pretty funny and overall had a lighter vibe. Since then, it seems as if the show is starting to get stupid. Ashton's character is plain dumb, which can be funny at times and at other times is just dumb. Sometimes I feel it was the right move and at other times just get bored with the show. Hopefully they pull through. If they can keep the momentum from the first new episode, it should continue to be a success.

9 years ago
sentria
regular

I never made it to the end last night. I watched the first 15 minutes and switched channels.

Guess I'm done with 2 and a half men.

9 years ago
ddiggity
junior

@hoodmk2. I agree, it doesn't seem like Jake has much of a spot in the show. They might have to call it "Two Men" pretty soon.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I would say the problem is that the other stars also had contracts that would have needed to be paid out - I think it is about money

9 years ago

***********************************spoiler alert*********************************************
(to ppl who hasn't watched the 7th episode)

is it just me or having charlie's journal could save the show , I mean the lines on that journal saved the episode charlies remark were the best, the funniest as usual and they brought me back to the awesome two and a half men, a show I once swore would never end, a show that seemed to get funnier year in and year out

call me a dreamer but I still hope charlie gets back to his rightful spot, same as jobs did when he was fired from apple, cause I hate this new 3 quarter men

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Yes it was all a bad dream and charlie is alive and well upstairs with two blondes and a bottle of vodka - lol

9 years ago

or the train didn't hit him, and he liked it in france, you know french girls the sluttiest of them all :ppp

9 years ago
tash845
guru

The conversations between Charlie and Alan were so very funny. It's not like that now with Ashton Kutscher filling Charlie Sheen's big shoes. They are relying on the ghost of Charlie to keep things amusing -- just how long can the writers do that for? It is not the same show. I think they require a big re-write if they want Two And A Half Men to continue on the air.

9 years ago

spoiler alert

the last episode when alan was devastated about the loss of charlie and than acted like him I had this feeling, wow charlie is dead and so is two and half men I guess I reached the 3rd stage of grief, and so I unboxed the last 8 seasons and I started watching them with a feeling of morning with every joke charlie cracks, and even though I watched them like a million time , they are still so freaking funny do you remember when he was guiding a girl to have a pregnancy test, or the I want the spit episode or when he thought he was about to die and proposed to Rose and than he said oh oh this is awkward I can keep going for ages , gosh who would've thought two and half man would end up like this, and for it to go this way it's not fair

9 years ago
tash845
guru

I think that writers need to respect their viewers intelligence. That would mean putting the character of Charlie Harper to sleep. The show cannot move forward with continued references to him. I say go ahead with what the established characters offer and give us a storyline worth still viewing.

9 years ago
nebularbigbang87
regular

I quit watching Two and a Half Men after one episode. The Christmas episode was a little funny, but the ending was a little cheesy. I miss Charlie. He and Alan made the show funny. However, I thought that Berta's one-liners were great.

9 years ago
shaz692
expert

It sucks how Charlie got hit by the train, and died. He made the whole show a lot funnier then the new guy they have. My parents and i, we have full stopped watching the series 'cause of the change. But yeah, i'm over it. xx :)

9 years ago
jenifer
junior

I agree with most of the comments that say Charlie made the show... Without him it ant worth watching... The writers need 2 listen 2 the viewers & bring Charlie back & get rid of the awful ashton... Other wise just cancel the show all together & put something on worth watching... I watch other shows on CBS, but when 2 1/2 men come on now I turn the channel till it goes off & then turn back 2 CBS... CBS is my most watched channel, but not when that stupid show is on... Ashton is no good 4 the show... He has ruined it & I WILL NOT watch him... It seems that a lop of others feel the same way... Do the writers just not care R is it that they R so stupid as 2 think ppl will change their way of thinking... WELL NOT THIS COUNTRY GIRL... CBS needs 2 admit they screwed up big time...

7 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.