Telepaths, vampires, shape shifters, oh my! Supernatural creatures abound in the small town of Bon Temps, Louisiana where telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse finds herself tangled up in dangerous vampire business when she falls in love with Bill Compton, a 200-year-old vampire.
Age: over 1000 years old
Occupation: Sheriff of Area 5, owner of Fangtasia
Home Origin: Sweden
Resides in: Shreveport, LA
* Can fly!
* He loves a good fight and is very strong
* Mysterious and powerful
* Incredibly sexy and magnetic
* Incredible kisser and attentive lover
Eric is a strategist, always looking for those who would interfere or cement his own agenda (like Sookie and her abilities). He forgets nothing. He has seen all of life, and he has chosen to stay true to his own rules. Since Eric has observed human nature over the centuries, he knows humans very well and has learned how to survive by playing off the weaknesses of others.
He expects to be obeyed when he gives orders. He sees everything as black and white, and he is slow to give his loyalty, but once given, he will stand up to his obligations.
Eric also has a softer side, one that loves deeply when committed, as shown by his centuries old friendship with his maker, Godric. Eric also has a sense of humor.
* His sense of humor (rare in vampires)
* Loyalty is something Eric values.
* Those who pledge their allegiance to him are held bound to his moral code.
* Loves a good fight and enjoys the spoils.
* He has a love for life and did not want it to end from a battle wound.
* His singular curiosity about Sookie is also endearing to fans of the Eric character.
* His love for and vanity over his hair is another endearing quality. Eric asks Lafayette, "Is there blood in my hair?"
* Incredibly strong
* A master of business strategy and sense
* A manipulator of mere humans
* A savvy reader of the true nature of mortals and supes (supernaturals)
* He is a seasoned vampire
* A superior Viking warrior; it is part of what makes him such a whirlwind force.
* He has a driving, persuasive personality.
* His own love of being in control.
* Lack of self-control - As Pam would say, "If he controlled himself better, he would make a great king."
* A cute, blonde, telepathic waitress
Born in 1046, made Vampire in 1077. As a teenager in ninth century Scandinavia, Eric joined with a rogue band of warriors who refused to swear allegiance to any kingdom because, in his own words, "My destiny is to answer to no man".
Eric quickly became the leader of the group, which was briefly infamous for marauding on what is now Germany and Poland, until they mysteriously vanished after a battle in 1077. Eric did not speak about how he was made Vampire, or who made him, but has recently revealed that Godric is his Maker.
Eric is of Norse "Viking" descent. He made Pam, and she has been his friend & coworker numerous times over the years. He owns the tourist-y, gothic vampire club called Fangtasia in Shreveport.
Eric Northman Photos
|Previous: Bill Compton||Next: Sam Merlotte|