60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC TWO TV Network

Top Contributors

Top Gear (UK) tv show photo

Top Gear (UK)

More than just a show to review new cars, Top Gear is essential viewing. Not just for petrol heads, it also has a huge following amongst people with little or no interest in cars - both male and female. This is due to the show's irreverent approach to motoring, the humour and the priceless chemistry between the show's presenters. A global audience of 350 million can't be wrong.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
sandy01
guru
top gear (uk)

Has anyone read the new book that Richard Hammond from this fabulous show has just released? If not, I suggest you read it - preferably BEFORE watching the polar special. When you watch that special and see how hard it actually was to complete, as you would imagine it would be, and then read his book and find out EXACTLY how much harder it really was and what went on behind the scenes, it might make us all appreciate what some will do to make a top quality show.

13 years ago
Comments
n8ph8ts
pro

havent read the book!!

but agree one of the best shows ever on "uk tv"

might just drop a hint to family(pressy for christmas)..lol

13 years ago
jayp23
guru

Shame about the episodes since the fire, the new series just isn't the same and clarkson is set to leave =(

13 years ago
thor

Top Gear is back. First episode of the 13th series aired on Sunday. They actually revealed the identity of the stig

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The Stig is Michael Schumacher

11 years ago
quark
guru

Yeah I saw that and I reckon if so for all, then pigs can fly!

11 years ago
sandy01
guru

I agree with quark - they are trying to get us all to stop the speculation but it only made it more interesting. I did note that Ben Collins who is allegedly White Stig was the stunt driver for Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace so he's obviously good enough to also be Stig. Not a theory but just a comment at who this Collins man is and adds to speculation that he could possibly be Stig. Then again, so could a lot of other names who've already been bandied about :-)

11 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Ben Collins is always spotted at the studio wandering around, but he isn't the only person to be white Stig.

I'm surprised at just how many people seemed to think it was even plausible that Schumacher was the Stig. The only reason he dressed up as a Stig was because Jeremy wanted to see how fast the FXX was and the only person who agreed to bring there's down to the track was Schumacher but he isn't allowed by Ferrari to let anyone else drive the car so he had to be a Stig.

Also the car will be removed from the timing board in an episode or two as it isn't a road legal car.

11 years ago
thor

The stig has to be several people. If it had only been one person all along the name would have come out lopng ago.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

I'm the Stig. OK whos trying to take my car away?
I have the suit, helmet and car but you'll have to call me Old Stig cause I have the age as well. Used to race open wheel formula in the 60s and 70s.

11 years ago
thor

Top Gear Heads To America

Vroom, vroom. That sound you hear? It's American audiences getting ready for the arrival of 'Top Gear.' That's right, the popular British show about all-things automotive, is headed across the pond to the History channel.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, History is teaming with BBC World Productions for at least 10 episodes this fall.

The show will be hosted by 'Rescue Me' co-star Adam Ferrara (pictured), stunt driver Tanner Foust and analyst Rutledge Wood. The American show, much like the British program, will feature all aspects of automotive love, including customization, stunts, reviews and celebrity interviews.

Source Tv Squad

10 years ago
thor

Fans of Top Gear will be familiar with the "Star in a reasonably priced car" segment.

Some big news:

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz have been around the Top Gear track.

Cruise and Diaz who are in the UK promoting their new movie "Night and Day" raced around the track after Tom asked if he could have a go. During his interview for the show Tom helped a member of the audience when they fainted.

The interview and results of the laps will be revealed on Sunday. Should be good.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Series 16 of Top Gear has been delayed until early next year. Normally the winter series would start in early November and go until late December, but according to the latest Top Gear magazine, it’s been pushed back by a few months. However, there is also a small rumour suggesting there could be a Top Gear Christmas Special, possibly even two, broadcast later this year.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Top Gear Australia series 3 will premiere September 28, 2010 with a 90 minute "Ashes Special" where the Aussie hosts go head-to-head with the original UK hosts of Top Gear!

10 years ago
vyp3r

After the success of "The Ashes Special" last week, it has been announced that series 3 of Top Gear Australia will kick off on October 19.

10 years ago
thor

Anyone familiar with Top Gear (UK) will know that the Stig has been Sacked. What you may not know is that the Stig aka Ben Collins has signed a deal to appear on rival show Channel Five's Fifth Gear.

10 years ago
denial

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

10 years ago
vyp3r

Spam! Idiots never learn...

@Thor
Your wording is a little confusing there Thor. Ben Collins is going to Fifth Gear but as himself, not The Stig. And Ben Collins played the man in the white suit for Top Gear but he wasn't the only one, unlike The Black Stig where it was played by one guy. There are at least three others that do it on a regular basis, and they all rotate according to who can schedule themselves into the program.

So next series will come round and it will be just one of the others wearing the white suit. And speculation will start all over again on who is under the helmet.

If anyone wants to read up on this the Wikipedia has quite a lot of details about it.

10 years ago
vyp3r

NEWS: Rumours of the Christmas special are true!

From Digital Spy...
'Top Gear' stars for 'Wise Men' challenge
Friday, October 22 2010, 12:30 BST
By Tom Eames

The Top Gear presenters are to take part in a Christmas special where they will follow the footsteps of the three wise men.

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond will travel to Bethlehem, crossing war zones in Iraq, Jordan and Israel on the way, reports The Sun.

The trio will be travelling in traditional low cost cars. Hammond will drive a Fiat Barchetta, May will have a BMW Z3 and Clarkson will be in a Mazda MX-G.

A source said: "Jezza and the boys have been fearless on the trip, but it really was quite dangerous. They had security experts with them at all times.

"They'll have to do space travel to top this next Christmas."

10 years ago
vyp3r

New thread created for the new American version of the show. It can be found here: http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_107213

All news and info to do with the original (AKA UK) Top Gear will still show up here.

10 years ago
thor

New Stig for Top Gear

Top gear will present the new Stig to fans at the Top Gear Live show at Earl's Court, London next week before he/she assume their role in the new series next year.

It is thought that the third Stig will come from a "Stig Farm" where they breed, yes you've guessed it, Stigs. But, what fans really want to know is, what colour will the new Stig be? Possible colours are thought to be red, blue, green, yellow and bright pink.

Personally I think a pink stig would be quite amusing.

10 years ago
quark
guru

with a little curly tail perhaps? LOL

10 years ago
vyp3r

November 13, 2010: The BBC have announced that series 16 of Top Gear will begin its 6 episode run on January 23, 2011.

Also rumor has it that there will not be one Christmas 2010 special but two!

10 years ago
hedi01

10 years ago
quark
guru

Spam removed. Please do not post like that again.

10 years ago
thor

Get ready this christmas for a double dose of Top Gear.

The first of two episodes 15x07 will air this coming Tuesday 21st December at 8pm on BBC TWO.

Episode Description:

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes SLS, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. Along the way they undertake a series of challenges culminating in a fight to find the fastest way into New York, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, a round up of car-related Christmas stuff and another celebrity takes to the track as the star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

The second 16x01 a Christmas Special set in the middle east will air less than a week later on Boxing Day December 26th 2010 at 8pm.

Episode Description:

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on an appropriately seasonal road trip as they attempt to follow the path of the Three Wise Men across the Middle East.

They do so in a trio of open top sports cars, each wholly unsuited to the conflict ridden mountains of southern Turkey, the dangerous warzones of Iraq and the searing deserts of Syria.

Along the way they test the limits of mechanical and physical endurance as well as asking the vital question, what exactly is myrrh and where do you buy it?

Season 16 will have 7 episodes, the remaining of which are expected to begin airing 23 January 2011.

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MdsAq8ra8

9 years ago
thor

The first episode of the new series aired last night. It was Top Gear at it's best. I did feel a little let down by the fact that we did not get a new coloured Stig.

9 years ago
vyp3r

Same, but you can understand why - all the merchandise is for a white Stig. So changing the colour of the Stig meant redoing all the merchandise.

9 years ago
jayp23
guru

I was not surprised over the christmas period to see masses of Stig merchandise flooding the cheap pund shops and department stores, I have to agree it would not be cost effective to change the outfit colour again. Would of liked to see anothe Black Stig but the only other options I can invisage would be Blue or Red and I don't think that would look right at all.

9 years ago
thor

9 years ago
thor

The race at the end of this weeks episode was great. James can reallly drive. lol

9 years ago
jayp23
guru

HAHA Yes and the fact that he fell aslepe after the race was perfectly understandable if you ask me those bruce's were jsut whiners

9 years ago
vyp3r

It is funny how I have already seen most of the scenes from this episode in TGA Sept last year. It is interesting how they trimmed down a lot from the 74 minute version that we saw. ie. Like Clarkson riding his motorbike into the dam in the sheep herding segment. Which I thought was quite funny but still they cut it anyway.

I was a bit disappointed with how the Aussie boys just let the UK guys cheat on every segment (on first viewing and now). They would have known they were going to do it, as they know the show. I would have went there with a fight fire with fire attitude and cheated like buggery just to have an even chance. It is showing a bit of initiative and I'm sure the UK boys would have appreciated it too.

9 years ago

The schedule for Top Gear US needs to be removed from this show!! In my upcoming schedule, It shows the Top Gear US shows as Top Gear (UK) Season 17.

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.