60 min.
Country
USA
Network
History Channel TV Network

Top Contributors

Top Gear tv show photo

Top Gear

Featuring super-cars, extreme stunts and challenges and car reviews, Top Gear is the home for anyone with a love of cars. The U.S. version will be chock-full of high-adrenaline action entertainment as it tracks the colorful history of the automobile as well as the eccentric adventures of its hosts with Top Gear’s customary wit and humor.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
vyp3r
Top Gear (US Version)

History have announced their air date for the new American version of Top Gear: Sunday, November 21, 10/9c!

10 years ago
Comments
eris1031
guru

I am a ginormous fan of Top Gear-UK. I can't wait to see TG-US.

10 years ago
vyp3r

If it is only half as good as the UK version (I mean who could top it) then it will be a great show in my mind.

10 years ago
realrap
regular

I love the UK version. I hope this version lives up to that. I would have liked to see Adam Carolla as one of the hosts, as was rumored, but it doesn't look like he is going to be one of the hosts. Oh well, we will see how this version is in a couple of weeks.

10 years ago
vyp3r

@realrap

Adam Carolla wasn't rumored as a host - he WAS one when NBC had the rights to the show. He was in the pilot they did but never aired. When NBC dropped the show, both Carolla and Eric Stromer left as well.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Wow! For a first episode that was rather good. It is continues the same I'm sure it will do rather well.

10 years ago
shaz692
expert

awesome show LOL!!

10 years ago

is it produced by the same ppl in the UK or will it be a sordid mess like life on mars

10 years ago
vyp3r

It is half produced by BBC Worldwide and the Network showing it, like the Aussie one is. Unlike the US Life on Mars (which I actually liked BTW, but didn't see it as good as the UK version) where they only paid for the scripts and format of the show, could move the show in any direction they liked.

Thankfully when Clarkson gave permission for the show to be shopped to other markets (as he has a sizable financial interest in the show) he asked for the BBC to have a shared interest in the production to keep the "brand" of the show intact.

As he sees it, a poorly done local version reflects on the original. Which is a fair enough assumption.

I'm also thankful a cable network has done the US version, because I think NBC, being a commercial network, would have fowled it up anyway. As with a cable network, even though advertising still plays a factor, it is not as domineering as a commercial network.

10 years ago
harryheck
expert

Awsom start for this one.

10 years ago

Well Mates I watched a rerun of the BBC series, and to my delight or so I thougt the Yank Version was right after, Clarkson must be and should be pulling his hair out with anger, depression, motion sickness constipation,and various other maladies. Even though I liked the cars they tested being a petrol head myself, the show was dull dreary, boring, no savoy fair (gotta check my spelling on that one like the show not quite right) I found the presenters both wooden, dull witted no sense of timing, and very scripted, they basically had no personality, this is to me at least what makes top gear BBC so fun. During in the interview with a star the had Buzz Aldrin for Christsake it should have been brilliant instead it was boring they need to recast the whole show fire the lot and bring in ppl who have IT. I could go on but why bother this is a vent. I welcome any of the share tvers to discuss this with me or maybe tell I am wrong and pissing up and a tree I am just really disappointed

10 years ago
thor

O only watched the first episode. While it had the look of the BBC show it certainly didn't have the feel of it.

10 years ago
eris1031
guru

I saw the first episode and I found it lacking an certain ...je ne sais quoi. I think the presenters are lackluster and they are missing the necessary chemistry that makes TG:UK work.

9 years ago
vyp3r

They got better as the series went on, which was a real bonus. You could see the three of them relax more as the season continued.

But expecting it to be like Top Gear UK right out of the box, well then you are deluding yourself. The UK boys have had sixteen series (or seasons for those in the US) to perfect things, as well as the chemistry they have.

A better reflection is to watch Top Gear UK's first couple of series and then compare that to Top Gear US, and I think you'll find that the US one is actually better. I certainly did and I'm a huge fan of TGUK.

Don't get me wrong, they weren't perfect by any means. TGUS was equivalent to TGUK series 4 in my mind, but it is a good base to start on. I expect season 2 to make big improvements from where they left off.

9 years ago
eris1031
guru

I guess I'll have to give the second season a try.

9 years ago
vyp3r

Will definitely be watching myself.

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.