60 min.
Country
USA
Network
AMC TV Network

Top Contributors

The Walking Dead tv show photo

The Walking Dead

In the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, a small group of survivors travel across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes. Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world, leads the group. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
romeo53
guru
The Walking Dead Season 2

Kirkman Promises “Dead” Season Two Will Be Even Better
by Romeo53

Did you think the first season of “The Walking Dead” was good?

If so, Robert Kirkman says to hold on to your seats when season two hits screens later this year. The producer and comic creator says the show will get even better in year two.

He tells Entertainment Weekly that the second run of the AMC zombie drama will be “twice… or three times as good”.

“Everyone here is mindful of how well received the first season was,” he admitted. “We’re breaking our backs, story-wise, to make sure the next season is [better], with a lot of twists and turns.”

He insisted that future episodes will keep on “pushing the envelope of what you can do on TV”.

“We’ve been talking to [make-up artist] Greg Nicotero a lot about some cool zombie sutff he has planned,” he said. “As much as this show pushed the envelope of gore on TV… all I can say is [that] you haven’t seen anything yet.”

Kirkman also confirmed that the new run will continue to explore the strained relationship between Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Shane (Jon Bernthal).

“That’s definitely the core dynamic that’s going on,” he said. “But there’s a lot of other interesting stuff in the mix. We’re going to be seeing a lot of Andrea (Laurie Holden) and a lot more of Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies).”

9 years ago
Comments
blank27
pro

Should be interesting, I loved the first season but was hoping for more zombie madness and less find the wife whos now slipping into the sheets with the main chars best friend/ex partner.

Maybe with the mass writers exoudus to the show Powers they have a different direction to go now.

9 years ago
massdistortion
regular

Excellent show, I look forward to the second season. The first season was entertaining and I can see that there are many possibilities with the storyline that can be taken anywhere.

9 years ago
alex4u

I am waiting for the 2nd season.

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

i like the show but i wish some of the cast would get eaten
Lori Grimes

9 years ago
jmiker
guru

Great show. I would like to see if the show could give us an idea of the scope of the infection worldwide. I would also like to see some mass exterminations of zombies, does that make me a sicko, idk.

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

The Walking Dead: Hershel Greene gets cast

The producers of the AMC hit "The Walking Dead" have cast the key character of Hershel Greene. The character will be played by Scott Wilson:

"He is the patriarch of the family," says executive producer Gale Anne Hurd. "He’s a veterinarian with a great sense of humanity and a very unique take on the Walkers." Meanwhile, Laura Cohan has been cast as Hershel’s daughter Maggie: "She’s in her twenties and is a survivor who ends up as a romantic interest for Glenn (Steven Yuen)," says Hurd

Meanwhile, Hershel’s daughter Maggie has also been cast. The character will be played by Laura Cohan ("Supernatural"): She’s in her twenties and is a survivor who ends up as a romantic interest for Glenn (Steven Yuen)," says Hurd. Another recent casting is for Otis. The character, to be played by Pruitt Taylor Vince, is descibred as "a foreman at Hershel’s Farm". Production on season two fo "The Walking Dead" began on June 6. The new season is expected to premiere this fall on AMC.

9 years ago
jaaa

I cant wait for season 2. Show premiered so long ago that I almost forgot why I liked it.

9 years ago
jaaa

http://sharetv.org/shows/the_walking_dead/updates/1029

9 years ago
thor

Preview for season 2. It's not official so watch it quick incase it gets taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuXgEQarPI

9 years ago
jaaa

Interesting :)

Only 3 more months and we'll see more of it :)

9 years ago
harryheck
expert

Great start

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

AMC Renews "The Walking Dead"

The zombies will be back for a third season.

Buoyed by strong ratings for the first two installments of season two, AMC gave the green light yesterday for a third season of The Walking Dead.

“Today we are pleased to announce that the ‘dead’ shall live as we proudly renew The Walking Dead for a third season on AMC and, globally, with our terrific partners at Fox International Channels,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s President. “We are thankful for everyone’s contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make The Walking Dead a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world.”

8 years ago
harryheck
expert

@romeo

Thanks for the great news, that is just wonderfull :D

8 years ago
corstar
junior

Does anyone else find the speed the zombies are walking/running in this season a little too fast?
I know the fresher meat bags would be somewhat faster, but the first few of season 2 is really taking the piss....

8 years ago
jaaa

Yes, I noticed that too. They were much slower in season 1.

8 years ago
thor

Zombies are definatley faster.

8 years ago
dae

In Season 2 episode 5 where they were gathered at the camp, where the heck did the very modern looking grey hatchback come from? it's parked behind their tent! lol

8 years ago
harryheck
expert

Ok this is getting boring, in 5 rpisodes they've come as far as they did in 1 in season 1. Giving it 1 more episode then that's it.

8 years ago
harryheck
expert

Forgot: This is looking more and more like a soap drama with Zombies then a horror/action zombie show.

8 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I agree Harry - we seem to spending a lot of time on the relationships and the secrets rather than the story

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Well that was a great climax to that episode...

8 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Agreed - the moralistc approach to the walkers really made for a better episode

8 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.