60 min.
Country
USA
Network
AMC TV Network

Top Contributors

The Walking Dead tv show photo

The Walking Dead

In the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, a small group of survivors travel across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes. Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world, leads the group. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
blank27
pro
The Walking Dead - Season 1

Well AMC has another winner on its hands.

The first episode is easily one of the best premieres ever, and I already cannot wait for the next episode.

Sunday night tv now consists of Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, and now The Walking Dead. Thats quite the lineup.

9 years ago
Comments
bigrich
guru

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive

I love this show, I agree with Blank27 by far one of the best premieres ever.

9 years ago
harryheck
expert

Agreed, this is THE best premiere this decade.
In one way I'm biased in this opinion. Ilove zombie flicks and games. So a zombie TV show...... couldn't be better for me. Can't wait for the next episode.

9 years ago
vyp3r

Can't believe AMC have just said "yes" to a second season after two episodes! Wow! Awesome stuff AMC!

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

i don't know if i'd be getting carried away just yet first episode good let's hope it continues stay tuned

9 years ago

they've already taken some liberties and changed things from the comic, but overall extremely enjoyable to watch

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

This show has started really well - Just like Jericho. I hope they keep the intensity and story moving - most of the disaster shows end up crumbling after a few episodes

9 years ago
houseseed
expert

I did not want to watch this, i thought great another crap zombie film/tv. I DL it anyway i watched ep 1 and 2 the other night. all i can say is i am glad i did DL it I really enjoyed it and can not wait for the next ep.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Interestingly with all the people dying or being turned - I felt sad for the horse

9 years ago
microtechno
junior

Such an awesome show, keeps me on the edge of my seat waiting for the coming weeks episode

9 years ago
tvguy99
regular

just starting watching ,love it !

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Love this show - I would like to see some sort of fight back though rather than the subsistence and escapes that have been happenning.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

I just watched 6 episodes in two days, I really enjoyed it and we will get a 13 episode 2nd season, excellent news.

9 years ago
strider
expert

I am a big zombie fan and looking forward for more shows. Bring them on!!!!!!

9 years ago
acustic
expert

It wasn't very smart starting off so great , then people would get disappointed when it will run all our of awesome.
But i guess it could keep the audience tuned hoping for the awesome to come back.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

The obvious step for season two would be for the walking dead to become more aware and organised ,therefore becoming an even greater and scarier threat.

9 years ago
joaoal
guru

why so few episodes for season 1, that was disappointing

great series

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I think the small season was to see what response it would get - many of the appocolyse shows haven't fared that well past the first season so the producers wanted to get finances right I suppose.

9 years ago
teigen
pro

To first episode.. Hell's Yeah.. but then it happend, LAME all the way, so much pointless drama. The show went downhill from episode 2-3... I really hope they can pick it up again.. The last episode, was really boring and badly written..

9 years ago
blank27
pro

It did start to go downhill after that first ep (hey it was an awesome episode, how to continue with that anyways), but I think its mostly because they spent so much time/money building the 'start' of the series in hopes it would get greenlit higher budget, so have some hopes for the the next season.

I was trying to come up with a top 5 or 10 list for 2010, and Id probably have to put this show around 5.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

I disagree with the 2 previous posts, I enjoyed it all...

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

for what it is yeah i don't think it was to bad one of the better end of the world / zombie shows ive seen but the telling will be in season 2 where most fall down thru lack of a good story so let's hope they pull something out of the bag on this one and keep it interesting with a few twists and turns

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

@Romeo,
I agree - the show is good so far however it does need to pick up a bit otherwise it will go the way of Jericho. Teigen, is also correct that there has been a little sameness to the some of the later episodes

I personally would like to see some organising and fight back happening rather than all the surviving in the appocolypse

9 years ago
bigrich
guru

I so get the Jericho reference and The Walking Dead does need to raise its game somewhat. There are so many good story lines they can run with and I hope they go for some dramatic tensions and awesome scenes and not focus on some dull love interest. I cant wait for season two to come out.

9 years ago
dlife
pro

a 160 days for season 2 to come ?
OMG T__T thats a LONG time ...

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

5-6 months its just around the corner...

9 years ago
strider
expert

I cant wait to see next season and I hope the ratings are up to keep the show going for a long time.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I wonder what effect Frank Darabont's departure is going to have?

9 years ago
bigrich
guru

It’s hard to get a bead on what’s really being going on behind the scenes at The Walking Dead, but there’s been a few appointments and disappointments to note.

Firstly, Frank Darabont has stepped down as showrunner. Except maybe he hasn’t. Maybe he didn’t step down, but was stepped down. It’s not necessarily a question on the scale of “did he jump or was he pushed”, but the sudden news was certainly surprising, coming as it did just a few days after Darabont’s popular and crowd-pleasing appearance on a Comic-Con panel celebrating the show.

Speculation runs rife as to why Darabont may have stepped down, including some guesses that he’s readying his long in-development film of Ray Bradbury’s novel Fahrenheit 451. Yet more speculation centres on his continued involvement in the show – could he still retain some creative role, no matter how slight?

Subsequent to the Darabont news, AMC quickly confirmed that Glen Mazzara would be taking up the mantle. He was hired this season as Darabont’s number 2, and some have supposed that, actually, there’s a long term plan in play here, and Mazzara was always intended for the top seat, with Darabont just hanging on long enough to play a hype game at Con.

One of the unchanging lynchpins of the series is Greg Nicotero, founder of KNB FX and the man behind the show’s many and varied zombie make-ups. Reputed to be the most active presence on the Walking Dead set, day in, day out, he’s now been given an entire spin-off web series to direct. Seems he doesn’t need to sleep.

Here’s how Bloody Disgusting describe the spin-off:

The webisodes follow “Hannah” and her children who take shelter in her ex-husband’s house from a horde of zombies.

John Esposito is scripting.

Everybody around these parts (ie. my living room, or at least the bit of it by the bay windows – I sense genuine disinterest over on the sofa) was hoping for a lot from season 2 of The Walking Dead, and looking for the extended run and confidence of having hit a ratings home run last time around to have inspired the show’s creators. I was hoping they would take some chances, be more ambitious and reel in the slack, tightening things up somewhat. From an outside vantage point it’s too early to tell if that indeed is what we’re witnessing here.

Incidentally, Robert Kirkman‘s involvement with the show remains completely unchanged – at least formerly. Again, we’ll need to wait in order to see any specific fallout that can be traced back when we actually start seeing episodes

9 years ago
blank27
pro

They are wanting tor reduce the budget for Walking Dead over 600 thousand an episode. Also they are wanting to cut the final season of Breaking Bad to 8 seasons so the higher ups are shipping it to HBO and FX.

9 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

The walking Dead started off with so much promise - It seems to have degenrated into a serial soap opera - does anyone agree???

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

I'm enjoying it but it could do with a twist or two.

8 years ago
vyp3r

Please post all comments in the Season 2 thread for The Walking Dead.

http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_107591

8 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.