There are 50 billion galaxies in the universe. 95% is still uncharted. This series investigates the uncharted frontiers of space and explores the possible existence of other life-supporting worlds as well as all kinds of deep space phenomena much of which is displayed using the latest CGI. The 'character' images shown are of the contributing scientists in the order that they appeared in the show.
The Universe Season 3 (2008-2009)
|3x01 Deep Space Disasters |
- As Season 3 begins we examine the dangers which are involved during space travel. This is likely to be mainly during launch or reentry into Earth's atmosphere.
|Nov. 11, 2008|
|3x02 Parallel Universes |
- An exploration of the theories behind parallel universes. Includes the use of particle colliders to determine the existence of new dimensions and universes.
|Nov. 18, 2008|
|3x03 Light Speed |
- An examination of the speed of light. Including the quests which are made to beat the light speed barrier. Plus, how light speed enables scientists to look back in time, revealing ...
|Nov. 25, 2008|
|3x04 Sex in Space |
- Before man can realize the dream of reproduction in space, a few tests must take place. We must probe the physiological, psychological and cultural challenges of sex in space. ...
|Dec. 02, 2008|
|3x05 Alien Faces |
- Scientists try to combine both fact and fiction to determine what an alien may look like. They also discuss how Earth creatures offer a guide to understanding possible extraterrestrial ...
|Dec. 09, 2008|
|3x06 Deadly Comets and Meteors |
- At this very moment, celestial forces prowl the Universe and threaten man's very existence. They are asteroids and comets--and they have left their imprint on planet Earth, literally. ...
|Dec. 16, 2008|
|3x07 Living in Space |
- When mankind eventually leaves the cradle of Earth and ventures forth into the uncharted territories of the cosmos, where, and what form, will our new homes take? Will they be ...
|Dec. 23, 2008|
|3x08 Stopping Armageddon |
- Can a deadly asteroid be stopped from hitting the Earth? It's only a matter of time until this scenario becomes reality and a rock from space comes down and threatens to wipe ...
|Jan. 06, 2009|
|3x09 Another Earth |
- Is the Earth unique in the universe or does another similar planet lay in the nearby cosmos? Is it possible that Alpha Centuri is another Earth like planet? Planets the size ...
|Jan. 13, 2009|
|3x10 Strangest Things |
- An exploration of mysterious phenomenon already known to be in space. Including clouds of Alcohol in space, Pulsar planets, the possibility of a planet beyond Neptune, and dark ...
|Jan. 27, 2009|
|3x11 Edge of Space |
- The majority of space has occurred in Low Earth Orbit, around 120 miles above sea level. For a cool $20 million, any person can take a ride on the International Space Station, ...
|Feb. 03, 2009|
|3x12 Cosmic Phenomena |
- There have been both helpful and harmful effects on life on Earth from cosmic effects. Cosmic Phenomena includes The beauty of the Aurora Borealis and rainbows The dangers ...
|Feb. 03, 2009|
Season 3 Characters[none added]
Season 3 Videos[none added]
Season 3 Trivia[none added]
» Back to The Universe Wiki