There are 50 billion galaxies in the universe. 95% is still uncharted. This series investigates the uncharted frontiers of space and explores the possible existence of other life-supporting worlds as well as all kinds of deep space phenomena much of which is displayed using the latest CGI. The 'character' images shown are of the contributing scientists in the order that they appeared in the show.
The Universe Season 2 (2007-2008)
|2x01 Alien Planets |
- A look at the newly found planets far beyond our solar system. Includes interviews with the astronomers who found the first planets to be discovered outside of our Solar syst ...
|Nov. 27, 2007|
|2x02 Cosmic Holes |
- A closer look into the mysterious holes formed in space. Included is black holes and their variations, wormholes and white holes.
|Dec. 04, 2007|
|2x03 Mysteries of the Moon |
- Uncover the mystery of the moon, as well as the meaning behind the moon in several cultures, from a god to a timekeeper. Some even argue that without the moon, humanity would ...
|Dec. 11, 2007|
|2x04 The Milky Way |
- Countless wonders exist between the earth and the Milky Way. Watch as The Universe takes viewers inside the 100,000 light-year-wide cluster of stars and phenomena.
|Dec. 18, 2007|
|2x05 Alien Moons |
- The Universe goes inside the Kuiper Belt to explore the moons surrounding the planets of the solar system. Some contain volcanic fury while others have the possibility of alien ...
|Jan. 08, 2008|
|2x06 Dark Matter |
- Despite not having a clear knowledge of what it is, scientists know that Dark Matter and Dark Energy make up 96% of the universe. Discovered only a decade or so ago, scientists ...
|Jan. 15, 2008|
|2x07 Astrobiology |
- Astrobiology combines elements of astronomy, biology and geology to examine the evolution of life on not only Earth, but other planets as well. Includes CGI of artists impressions ...
|Jan. 29, 2008|
|2x08 Space Travel |
- Scientists are working on a vast plethora of new technologies in hopes of traveling through space at a rate fast enough to explore the far ends of the universe. See the science ...
|Feb. 05, 2008|
|2x09 Supernovas |
- A stellar explosion, the supernova is the sensational death of a star. It can shine as bright as 100 billion Suns and radiate as much energy as the Sun would emit over 10 billion ...
|Feb. 12, 2008|
|2x10 Constellations |
- A constellation is a group of stars (in 2 dimensions) that are connected together to form a figure or picture. These star pictures help organize the night sky and provide a useful ...
|Feb. 19, 2008|
|2x11 Unexplained Mysteries |
- A look at myths and mysteries concerning the universe. Includes The possibility that life can be sustained on Mars. An examination of time travel. The theory of a Dark Star ...
|Feb. 26, 2008|
|2x12 Cosmic Collisions |
- It's been said that our universe is a cosmic shooting gallery. Gravity is moving everything around and things are bound to collide. Astronomers are attempting to understand ...
|Mar. 04, 2008|
|2x13 Colonizing Space |
- Space colonization is no longer the fodder of science fiction, it may soon become a reality. Examine the efforts underway to establish a human colony on Mars, including how they ...
|Mar. 11, 2008|
|2x14 Nebulas |
- Take a tour through the "Art Gallery of the Galaxy" and view what are considered the "crown jewels" of the heavens. Nebulas are mysterious clouds of gas that aren't classified ...
|Apr. 01, 2008|
|2x15 Wildest Weather in the Cosmos |
- Imagine a tornado so powerful, it can form a planet, or winds sweeping across a planet but blowing at 6,000 miles per hour! How about rain....made of iron? Sounds like science ...
|Apr. 08, 2008|
|2x16 Biggest Things in Space |
- We can't compare anything on earth to the biggest things known in space. The Lymann Alpha blob (imaged) is a bubble like structure containing countless galaxies--perhaps the ...
|Apr. 15, 2008|
|2x17 Gravity |
- Gravity is the most powerful and exacting force in the universe. It is pervasive and penetrating. Gravity binds us together, its reach hangs stars in the sky and its grip crushes ...
|Apr. 22, 2008|
|2x18 Cosmic Apocalypse |
- The Universe as we know it is condemned to death! Space, matter and even time will one day cease to exist and there's nothing we can do about it. Harsh realities are revealed ...
|Apr. 29, 2008|
Season 2 Characters[none added]
Season 2 Videos[none added]
Season 2 Trivia[none added]
» Back to The Universe Wiki