60 min.
Country
USA
Network
The CW TV Network

Top Contributors

The Tomorrow People tv show photo

The Tomorrow People

They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities - the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
romeo53
guru
The Tomorrow People

The CW Adds Pilot Pick-Up for The Tomorrow People

A reboot of a classic British sci-fi series is now in contention for the fall season.
The CW has ordered a pilot for The Tomorrow People, a science fiction drama from producers Greg Berlanti and Julie Plec along with writer and executive producer Phil Klemmer (Chuck), Deadline reports.
“In the vein of X-Men and Heroes, Tomorrow People is the story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically,” Deadline says. “Together they work to defeat the forces of evil.”
The original Tomorrow People aired on ITV in the United Kingdom from 1973 to 1979.
Berlanti and Plec already have genre cred with the network: Berlanti is co-creator and executive producer on Arrow, while Plec co-created and executive produces The Vampire Diaries.
The Tomorrow People joins several other sci-fi and fantasy projects at the network, including Oxygen, The Hundred, The Selection, and The Originals — a Vampire Diaries spin-off. (Wonder Woman series Amazon has reportedly been pushed off to next year’s development season after a poor script reception.)

6 years ago
Comments
gedmen
guru

Jaunt!

6 years ago
tash845
guru

Sounds good, thanks romeo.

6 years ago
katel
guru

Excellent! But sounds like a few other shows like Heroes, Alphas etc.

6 years ago
brat07
expert

That's good for people like me that like those other shows :)

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

The CW Releases First Tomorrow People Trailer

Take a peek at one of this fall’s hotly anticipated new science fiction series!
Last month The CW officially announced that it had green-lit The Tomorrow People to series. An updated remake of the 1970s British series, the show follows a team of young people with extraordinary abilities who are being tracked by a sinister group of bad guys.

The Tomorrow People - Series Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JwXVsRUi53k

6 years ago
cherylvll
expert

cant wait! I love shows like this.

6 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yep I look forward to it, being the super power nut that I am. Yeah, seems like Alphas, Heroes, No Ordinary Family, The 4400 shows of the recent past - but they all have their own mythology/back story take. These shows are hard to sustain, apparently, but I'm always hopeful.

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

Original Series Cast Member Joins The Tomorrow People

The CW is all set to debut its remake of [i]The Tomorrow People
— a British kids’ science fiction show from the 1970s, but now featuring sexy 20-somethings (playing teenagers, of course) and very much aimed at adults. But that doesn’t mean the show’s producers won’t go back to the source from time to time.
Today the studio announced that former Tomorrow People star Nicholas Young will appear on the new series in a recurring role.
Young played John in the original series — the role now played by Luke Mitchell. He also later reprised his role in a series of Big Finish audio dramas.
In the remake he’ll play Aldus Crick, “the scientist who first discovered and studied the original generation of Tomorrow People,” according to TV Guide. “Stephen (Robbie Amell) believes that Aldus, a friend of his father’s, may have information concerning his dad’s disappearance. However, by helping Stephen find his father, Aldus puts himself back on ULTRA’s radar and in danger with the very organization that forced him into hiding.”
The 64-year-old London native will appear in episodes 8 and 9 of the upcoming season, which premieres October 9.
The new series stars Robbie Amell, Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, and Aaron Yoo as young people with extraordinary abilities such as teleportation, telepathy, and telekinesis. Mark Pellegrino (LOST, Supernatural) co-stars as Dr. Jedikiah Price, Stephen’s uncle and the leader of ULTRA — the group that is hunting the Tomorrow People.

[/i]

6 years ago
wjtw
guru

I am so excited for this new show to start! I love shows like this!

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

have enjoyed this so far

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

i new she was hiding it . good show lots of story angles

5 years ago
romeo53
guru

The Tomorrow People, Star-Crossed Cancelled After One Season
The CW came out of the gate with five new scripted dramas for the 2013-2014 season — four of them genre shows — and today news on their fates has arrived. Freshman sci-fi shows The Tomorrow People and Star-Crossed will not return next year.
The rest of this year’s freshman crop — The Originals, Reign, and latecomer The 100have been renewed for a second season.
The Tomorrow People enjoyed a solid opening behind Arrow in the fall, with its premiere drawing 2.32 million viewers (Live Same Day). It averaged 1.57 million each week before being moved to a weaker time slot on Mondays, where it averaged around 970,000 viewers for its final seven.
The series, following the crusades of a group of young people with supernatural powers, came out of the starting gates with a solid premise and a strong cast, but creatively failed to do all that much with its 22 episodes.
The alien-human high school relationship drama Star-Crossed debuted at mid-season to just 1.28 million viewers, and has averaged just below 1 million over 12 episodes. Creatively it seems as thought the show could have done a lot more with alien culture and intrigue, but writers instead chose to stick too closely to cliche formula of who was pining for who.
The final episode of the 13-episode season airs this Monday (8/7c).
The Carrie Diaries was also cancelled today. Previous renewals for The CW include Supernatural (heading into its tenth season), The Vampire Diaries (Season Six), Arrow (Season Three), and The Originals (Season Two). Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast will also be back for more.

5 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.