They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities - the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future.
Stephen Jameson is the main protagonist of The Tomorrow People. He is described as a "tortured" young man who longs to be normal. He is the new leader of the Tomorrow People. He is the son of Roger Price and Marla Jameson, the older brother of Luca Jameson, the nephew of Jedikiah Price, the best friend of Astrid Finch, the ex-boyfriend of the late Hillary Cole, and the boyfriend of Cara Coburn.
Stephen stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future. Up until a year ago, Stephen was a “normal” teenager - until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen’s issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity.
In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People - John, Cara and Russell - a genetically advanced race with the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation and telepathic communication, but he soon learns that he also has the power to stop time, like his father. The former leader of the Tomorrow People. With the discovery that he is also a synergist his powers will develop further than any other member of the Tomorrow People.
Stephen is a very well mannered young man, who is determined to overcome anything that gets in his way. He will not let his friends or family get hurt. Stephen is protective and takes desperate measures when necessary. He cares about the life and refuses to turn his back on humans or his species. Stephen can be very stubborn and eager to fight, often accidentally placing other people in danger. He has a temper and is prone to anger attacks. This is displayed when he beats up a guy from his school and more recently when he tried to kill Jedekiah by beating him up and strangling him. However he is very forgiving and caring. This is shown when he forgives John after finding out he killed his father.
In Pilot, Stephen wakes up hearing voices in his head and thinks he is losing his sanity. Paying attention to these voices leads him to his first encounter with The Tomorrow People, John, Cara and Russell. He is informed about how they are being hunted by scientists named Ultra. He hopes that this will help him uncover more about his father's mystery.
In Sorry For Your Loss, Stephen reunited Darcy with her sister only to have Darcy unfortunately sacrifices herself for her sister. Meanwhile, when Cara and him are on a stakeout and cornered by Ultra, they make out so the agents don't recognize them other than a couple. At the end of the episode they make out again taking off each other's shirts and transporting somewhere more private.
In Son of Man, he manages to defeat the Founder by turning the machine's power against him and throwing him through a portal. Stephen also discovers that he has the ability to reverse time after witnessing Cara get shot by Natalie.
Powers and Abilities
* Telekinesis ~ The ability to move objects and people with his mind. In Son of Man he does a telekinetic shockwave and overpowered the founder.
* Telepathy ~ The ability to hear the thoughts of others and project the thoughts of
* Teleportation ~ The ability to instantly transport oneself and others to another location. And a newly acquired ability to teleport a human body without physical contact. As shown in Son of Man. He teleported the founder close to him.
* Chronokinesis ~ The ability to mentally manipulate time. This ability is unique to Stephen and Roger. He has shown the ability to stop and reverse time for a short period of time. He has some control over this ability. He has also shown the ability to create a vortex in space-time from the machine that housed his father's powers while he was trying to destroy the machine and seemingly absorbed his father's powers from the machine.
* Power Negation Immunity ~ Stephen is shown to be immune or at least resistant to Ultra's technology used to negate the powers of homo superiors. Likely inherited from his father.
* Hand to hand combat ~ Despite the fact that Stephen does not have much training and experience in hand to hand combat, he was shown to be able to hold his own against John, who is a very good fighter, and possibly would have defeated him, if Cara had not intervened.
* Heritage ~ Being the son of Roger and Marla, Stephen is dubbed as a synergist which grants him abilities many times stronger than an ordinary Tomorrow Person. Roger has also stated that Stephen has extraordinary untapped potential.
Stephen Jameson Photos
|Next: Cara Coburn|