Country
USA
Network
NBC TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

The Today Show tv show photo

The Today Show

The Today Show - or just Today - is a daily live broadcast that shows current domestic and international news, weather reports and interviews with newsmakers from the worlds of politics, business, media, entertainment and sports.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
kittyharris
Ray Rice

Why should he be able to play instantly. Later maybe. I believe Ray married his financee just for show to help with damage control. He knocked her out and she marries him. wowwwwwwww.

6 years ago
Comments
rtep00

Ray Rice ought to be allowed to play football again. One incident ought not determine the outcome of ones life.

6 years ago
sherman72

No I don't think Ray Rice should be able to play..hes a risk and a loser

6 years ago
carlalundy

In watching Matt's interview this morning w/Janay Rice and hearing learning of what she said, " I didn't raise a young woman to be an abused woman." And then learning from Janay that she doesn't see herself as a part of women who are victims of domestic violence/abuse because she doesn't go through this everyday. Every day for the many women who suffer and are suffering from this started with their one day! And so, I would challenge Janay to meet with some of these woman and as her mom sat with her, and now that she has joined the group of women who have had this horrible experience, to comfort them by helping them in any way that she believes is right to do... perhaps she can give support to better education for families raising girls and boys and then for adult and children in these situations. Her tears (non-verbal) communications spoke volumnes to me that what she was saying cause me to question her true feelings. She has been given a platform and I hope she takes it and does something with it especially because she is a mom raising a daughter. And the counseling that their receiving, this is encouraging!!!

6 years ago
debra21784

Ray Rice has not developed any insight into his behavior. His focus is simply playing football again.
Abusers do not change. Has anyone even thought to look at the issue of alcohol and it's presence in the violent incident .
Janay is in total denial. I hope that the next incident of violence( and there will be). Does not kill her. There had to have been other signals that this is an abusive relationship. This was not just the first, it was the first that was caught.
Should he play football again, no. It simply reinforces violence that Ray Rice is so familiar with.

6 years ago
llj56

I take offense at several of Ray Rice's comments...like He and his wife had ONE bad day...Her day was way worse than his! He said many times that HE TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY...as if, anyone was trying to put it anywhere else. But the biggest issue, he hit her, she is unconscious on the ground...he looks right at her... turns away...she could have been dead for all he knew...he started worrying about how this was going to impact him!!! What a loser!!!

6 years ago
158mnequality

Why is it when a man assaults a woman, society (and the Today Show) are outraged and rightfully so. Now when the tables are turned and a woman assaults a man, the Today Show laughs and giggles cracking jokes. Case in point, the Today Show aired elevator video showing JayZee being assaulted by his girlfriends sister. There was laughter and jokes by the hosts of the today show. No prosecuting attorney became involved. Look back through their video archives, about a year or so ago.
Let me say that I take domestic violence very seriously. It does not matter to me, man or woman, everyone deserves to be treated the same but they are not. Our society and our laws are biased against men when it comes to domestic assault. How is this good for our society? Am I missing something here? I can't believe no one else had commented on the JayZee video.

6 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.