The Long Arm centres on an obscure department of the Victoria Police, headed by Inspector Dallas Buchanan assisted by Detective Riverton. The location of their office is not known, and their cases involve all manner of crimes.
The Long Arm (AU) Season 1 (1970)
|1x01 The Lion Was First To Know |
- Veleen Towns is about to be assaulted in her Toorak home by sex maniac John Stevens, who has travelled down from Sydney after seeing a pictorial article about her in a magazine. ...
|Apr. 13, 1970|
|1x02 I'd Trust Him With My Life |
- Two close friends successfully operate a law practice for many years. Then a missing case of money and a chance meeting at the races leads to a police investigation into embezzlement ...
|Apr. 20, 1970|
|1x03 The Harder They Fall |
- Veleen Towns becomes romantically involved with Harvey Taunton-Neal, a wealthy American visiting Australia to raise money for a big financial deal. Taunton-Neal doesn't ring ...
|Apr. 27, 1970|
|1x04 Whispers In The Mike |
- What at first seems a joke turns into terror for Veleen Towns. The voice of her late husband, dead for more than five years, plagues her day and night demanding that she never ...
|May. 04, 1970|
|1x05 Dealer In Dolls |
- Johnny Logan was born bad and stayed that way. His ambition is to control a big Melbourne crime syndicate, currently run by the mighty Con Panakos. He tries to achieve this ...
|May. 11, 1970|
|1x06 The Flight Of The Chicken |
- Det. Riverton has just received his solo pilot's licence, and takes Trish Towns for a flight as his first passenger. Circumstances force them to fly to Sydney, where they land ...
|May. 15, 1970|
|1x07 Love, Honour And Obey |
- Bill Doyle is murdered on the day of his wedding to Maria Romani. The marriage was bitterly opposed by Maria's Italian parents, and investigations bring Insp. Buchanan up against ...
|May. 25, 1970|
|1x08 The Big Circle |
- Two men meet an appointment with death, and a third is threatened. Inspector Buchanan and Detective Riverton work against time to prevent the third death, which leads them to ...
|Jun. 01, 1970|
|1x09 Wrongway |
- Senior Constable Harry 'Wrongway' Ramsay has been in the police force for 15 years, has a record for bravery, a police medal and is completely unpromotable. When he is transferred ...
|Jun. 08, 1970|
|1x10 The End Of A Bullet |
- The escape of a criminal from jail leads to the discovery of a skeleton in an old cave. His identity is established by the reconstruction of his features by an expert sculptor, ...
|Jun. 15, 1970|
|1x11 Terror In Tranquility |
- A search is on for two people who have been in contact with a suspected typhoid carrier during a flight from the United States. This turns into a major investigation for Inspector ...
|Jun. 22, 1970|
|1x12 It Was Twilight |
- Detective Riverton's quiet water ski-ing weekend ends suddenly with the murder of veterinarian Wally Mills, and a startling revelation about his son Barry.
|Jun. 29, 1970|
|1x13 The Christmas Break |
- Two dangerous criminals escape from Pentridge jail, killing a warder and a truck driver. A bank is robbed and a third man killed before the pair flee to Sydney. Notes: Based ...
|Jul. 06, 1970|
|1x14 The Broken Moment |
- Inspector Buchanan and Detective Riverton are investigating a huge extortion racket on the stock market. Trish Towns finds herself playing a vital and dangerous role in the discovery ...
|Jul. 13, 1970|
|1x15 Donovan |
- 10-year-old Donovan Richards is an unhappy little boy whose major joy in life is to paint. He makes friends with Harry Moss, a harmless mental patient who is prone to taking ...
|Jul. 20, 1970|
|1x16 Dog On A Hot Line |
- When a night watchman dies in a warehouse fire, murder by arson is suspected. Inspector Buchanan and Detective Riverton find themselves up against two very clever arsonists, ...
|Aug. 01, 1970|
|1x17 The Line Between Is So Thin |
- A soldier in Vietnam, Neville Martin, falls in love with a native girl. During a battle, the soldier sees the girl and her family die. He becomes deranged, and is discharged ...
|1x18 Only A Wave Away |
- Three young surfers become involved in an ingenious scheme to convert stolen white opals into highly valuable black opals. They intend to smuggle them to the USA where they command ...
|Aug. 22, 1970|
|1x19 The Enforcer |
- For years George Nethercott has had a monopoly on the baccarat game in Melbourne. When night club owner Wayne Hudson decides to set up in opposition, he becomes involved with ...
|Jul. 25, 1970|
Season 1 Characters[none added]
Season 1 Videos[none added]
Season 1 Trivia[none added]
» Back to The Long Arm (AU) Wiki