Robert McCall, a former secret agent of an unnamed government organization, often referred to simply as "The Company", tries to make amends for his past sins by giving free of charge his services as a troubleshooter; a protector, and an investigator. People in need find him through a newspaper advert. "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer."
The Equalizer Season 1 (1985-1986)
|1x01 The Equalizer |
- A former government agent offers his services to people facing problems too big for them to handle themselves. Such as a woman being stalked by a psychopath and a man who ...
|Sep. 18, 1985|
|1x02 China Rain |
- McCall comes to the aid of a housekeeper when kidnappers grab her son by mistake.
|Sep. 25, 1985|
|1x03 The Defector |
- McCall helps a double agent defect and a young boy stand up to bullies.
|Oct. 02, 1985|
|1x04 The Lock Box |
- McCall helps a man whose daughter has been abducted by a pimp who services covert government operations.
|Oct. 09, 1985|
|1x05 Lady Cop |
- A crooked cop is willing to murder to ensure that his new partner won't blow the whistle on his operations.
|Oct. 16, 1985|
|1x06 The Confirmation Day |
- McCall helps a former showgirl convinced someone is stalking her and a boy whose father helped steal antiques now wanted by two separate parties.
|Oct. 23, 1985|
|1x07 The Children's Song |
- Father and son protect a girl from would-be rapists intent on killing the only witness to a murder.
|Oct. 30, 1985|
|1x08 The Distant Fire |
- A hit man wants help to prevent another killer from murdering a woman both McCall and the hitman once loved.
|Nov. 06, 1985|
|1x09 Mama's Boy |
- A career woman wants McCall's aid in ending her son's fascination with a charismatic drug dealer.
|Nov. 13, 1985|
|1x10 Bump and Run |
- Muggers seek revenge on a student who injured one of them while escaping, and a vigilante killer pins McCall's ad to his victims.
|Nov. 20, 1985|
|1x11 Desperately |
- A lonely, neglected wife gets more than she wanted when she considers a fling and ends up witnessing a murder.
|Dec. 04, 1985|
|1x12 Reign of Terror |
- The new doctor at a local clinic refuses to give gang members drugs as `rent' for using their turf.
|Dec. 11, 1985|
|1x13 Back Home |
- A banker is harassing tenants of a potentially valuable property and planning to murder his wife.
|Dec. 18, 1985|
|1x14 Out of the Past |
- An ex-con is harassing the man whose testimony put him away-the man now married to McCall's former wife.
|Jan. 15, 1986|
|1x15 Dead Drop |
- McCall assembles some old friends to protect a man marked for murder for no apparent reason.
|Jan. 22, 1986|
|1x16 Wash-Up |
- A window washer witnesses the murder of his pro-union partner by their anti-union boss, who has his own witnesses to back his self-defense claim.
|Jan. 29, 1986|
|1x17 Torn |
- McCall tries to divide his time between defending a woman from her abusive husband and settling with an old enemy.
|Feb. 05, 1986|
|1x18 Unnatural Causes |
- McCall's on the trail of a serial killer, leaving him little time for an actress fallen into the wrong crowd.
|Feb. 12, 1986|
|1x19 Breakpoint |
- McCall is among those taken hostage by terrorists seeking a Middle Eastern philanthropist.
|Feb. 19, 1986|
|1x20 No Conscience |
- A womanizer is abducted and threatened with death if he doesn't give his captors what they want-but he can't figure out what.
|Mar. 05, 1986|
|1x21 Unpunished Crimes |
- McCall is hired by an inventor whose designs were stolen by a huge corporation headed by a ruthless executive.
|Apr. 01, 1986|
|1x22 Pretenders |
- An aspiring reporter, desperate for a scoop that will get her notice and a promotion, becomes convinced that something big is happening right in the next apartment.
|Apr. 08, 1986|
Season 1 Characters[none added]
Season 1 Videos[none added]
Season 1 Trivia[none added]
» Back to The Equalizer Wiki