Country
USA
Network
TNT TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

The Closer tv show photo

The Closer

"They'll bring you in. She'll make you talk." Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick) is a police detective who transfers from Atlanta to Los Angeles to head up a special unit of the LAPD that handles sensitive, high-profile murder cases.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
blank27
pro
The Closer - Season 6

I love this show. After 6 seasons the writers/cast deliver unique and interesting characters. That and its nice to see a crime show not do all the flashbacks, have all the fancy equipment, etc. Totally different from every other crime-drama on television and manages to do it without having not so obvious criminals (sorry Castle, CSI, Lie To Me, etc) but I know who did it in the first 3 minutes),

With few exceptions I think Kyra Sedgwick deserves the emmy for best female lead role.

But anyways.... anyone watch, and do you think she will become Chief? How would that affect the show?

9 years ago
Comments
tash845
guru

@blank27
I have been watching this show from the beginning and also love it. Kyra Sedgwick is excellent is her role as Brenda Lee Johnson and so is the rest of the cast.

If they have her character become Chief it would change the whole show. She would no longer BE the Closer. I think they will bring in someone from the outside; a new female character for Chief.

9 years ago
cl42

i just found this show at season 5 i'm all caught up.i agree it would change the show.unless thet turn it into drama and she gets it and it pulls her away from fritz.and babies.etc.i hope not.maybe the IA lady gets it.there could be some good headbutting there

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

I like the show. It's a good change of pace from some other stuff I watch. good mix of mystery, characters and comedy

9 years ago
paedr
pro

The Closer: Season seven would be the final season. TNT decided to extend the season and break it up so that the last episodes won’t air until Summer 2012. Some of the cast may continue in a spin-off without Kyra Sedgwick.

8 years ago
tash845
guru

@paedr
thanks for the update!

8 years ago
blank27
pro

I do believe there will be a spinoff, and (spoiler)

she does not make chief. I have read a bit about the future of the show and when I find where I read it, I will link it here. But once again, LOVE this show for its non-formula ways.

8 years ago
tash845
guru

This show is fun to watch ... I don't recall seeing her eat candy lately. lol

8 years ago
paedr
pro

Poor Provenza!! Lucked out on a few grand again!! LOL!

8 years ago
sanjuan71

Who wrote the music that plays at the end of the show? How can I get a copy?

4 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.