Country
USA
Network
TNT TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

The Closer tv show photo

The Closer

"They'll bring you in. She'll make you talk." Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick) is a police detective who transfers from Atlanta to Los Angeles to head up a special unit of the LAPD that handles sensitive, high-profile murder cases.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
ipswich
pro
Fans of "The Closer"

Don't you just love this show?
I'm so glad the new season started and I didn't have to wait till autumn for my next fix as with some other shows. ;-)
One of my favorite characters (actually, I think I love them all ;-)) is Lt. Provenza. He's just brilliant.
I would love to hear what you think about this show, what happens next with Brenda's and Fritz's House-Hunt and what are your favorite characters.

12 years ago
Comments
greg78

luv it..i like just about all the characters..like how sheallways figures it out in the end

12 years ago
appara
expert

dec3 is final episode of the 3rd season...just a little fix until new 4th season...set to debut in June if the writer's strike doesn't go on too long...really enjoy brenda and of course provenza and the rest of the gang

11 years ago
thepinkwidow
regular

I always admired Kira S.'s characters. She was great in Phenomenon, with John Travolta. And I like her aggressiveness, but also her eagerness to get the work done. The show made me laugh, made me cry, and one time made me sick when they were tracking down a serial killer. Good Times. Her and Kevin Bacon are so cute together.

11 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Thanks for the heads up on this appara, I had taken The Closer off my favorites list because finished up the summer season in September (I only keep the current season's shows on my profile page)... I'm guessing they're "filling in" with those last two episodes now because of the writers' strike...

Hey, I'll take 'em!

I love this show!

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

I'm a fan too. Kyra is both lovable and extremely irritating at the same time, and the supporting characters are all entertaining. Good stuff!

11 years ago
appara
expert

i just took a peek at the tnt website...looks like a closer marathon is scheduled for dec3 starting at 7am as well as the NEW 2hour *next of kin* episodes

11 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Well, I watched and enjoyed the final 2 episodes of season 3 of The Closer... It's not a cliff hanger or a shocker, just good stuff (and Brenda's parents are featured!)

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

I like Brenda's dad. It was a good episode... Sometimes Brenda is just plain insufferable, but that's what makes it good TV.

11 years ago
appara
expert

24hrs and counting!

11 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

I read (somewhere, but don't have a link for you) that Kyra Sedgewick is happy to reprise the role of Brenda for a good many years to come... I don't know if there were doubts (rumors) or something, but that's good news to me. I love the characters on this show and the use of quips and inside (running) jokes to lightened the dramatic aspects of the show...

For those of us who have seen the show from the beginning, we know that the decor (if you can call it that) of Brenda's bedroom is one big inside joke...

Looking forward to seeing where they go with these characters this year... Shouldn't they be in a new house by now? :@)

11 years ago
appara
expert

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1597877

s04 ep01 available

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

Good start to the season!

11 years ago
appara
expert

another episode is available...and i am looking forward to watching!

s04e02
http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_102650

11 years ago
kolbinfo
guru

Yes, definitely a good start to the season and the second episode saw the return of their trademark humor mixed with the drama...

11 years ago
appara
expert

ha! where did that link i posted take you! ROFL!

did you notice that Kyra Sedgewick is one of the emmy choices?

*The nominees for best actress in a drama are Close ("Damages"), Sally Field ("Brothers and Sisters"), Mariska Hargitay ("Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"), Holly Hunter ("Saving Grace") and Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer").

11 years ago
quark
guru

New thread for latest season can be found here

http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_107131

9 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.