Country
USA
Network
NBC TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

The Cape tv show photo

The Cape

Officer Vince Faraday was a good cop trying to clean up a corrupt city. Framed for murder & left for dead, he suddenly found himself separated from his wife and son and forced into hiding. Now, inspired by his son's favorite comic book hero, he's taking the law into his own hands, and playing a deadly game of chess with the powerful kingpin who framed him.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
The Cape

New show expected to air midseason 2010-2011

Description

The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows a innocent cop who has been framed for a crime he did not commit and then left for dead after he is caught. He is eventually saved by a circus ringleader who prepares him with special abilities to defend himself against his foes. Separated from his wife and son, he tries to clear his name while protecting them from being killed if he was ever reported alive. He takes the law into his own hands by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, The Cape, after he is given a special suit that has unique capabilities. Vowing to get rid of the corruption that has taken over both the city and the police force, he goes after the person responsible for setting him up and causing his "demise."

Cast

David Lyons as The Cape, the alias of Vince Faraday

Jennifer Ferrin as Dana Faraday, Vince's wife, who believes her husband has died.

Ryan Wynott as Trip Faraday, Vince's son, who idolizes The Cape and who Vince hopes will give him the belief that there are good people out there.

James Frain as Chess, the alter ego of billionaire Peter Fleming, and The Cape's nemesis. He was responsible for framing Vince for the murders.

Keith David as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince after he saved him and trains the cop to be The Cape.

Summer Glau as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City. She becomes Vince's ally and helps him.

Dorian Missick as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday.

Vinnie Jones as Scales, a frightening man with a freakish skin condition that gives him the appearance of green and gold scales.

Info source: wikipedia.org

A preview for the show can be see on youtube (link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfJSZZpia0

10 years ago
Comments

Thank you thor.

9 years ago
sammib89
junior

I feel bad that this show didn't do better. It had potential.

9 years ago

very true. But the plotlines are transparent. Too many little clues droped here and there.

9 years ago
jmiker
guru

I liked the show, I will miss it. Summer Glau is such a great actress, I wish a show would pick her up that lasts more than a year or two.

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

Yes, Summer is great. I still miss Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles and Firefly. This show had potential, but in my opinion didn't quite execute.

9 years ago

Probably from bad writing, and high expectations.

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

just another superhero show that bites the dust

9 years ago
lepton7
pro

Won't leave a caping hole in my heart.

9 years ago

only if you let it.

9 years ago

I just watched episode 10. It was a good episode, but it did not feel like an ending.

9 years ago
tash845
guru

Maybe another channel will pick it up. And for sure I agree with zandarblade it did not feel like an ending -- so maybe another channnel will pick it up.

9 years ago

I think that if cbs picked it up they could probably do a better job than nbc did.

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

haven't watch the last episode yet, but will in the next week. Not expecting closure :)

9 years ago
newlinux
guru

I finally watched the Cape "finale." It was alright... This show could be so much more, but as it was, I think the network probably made the right decision.

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.