60 min.
Country
USA
Network
FOX TV Network

Top Contributors

Sleepy Hollow tv show photo

Sleepy Hollow

Ichabod Crane is resurrected and transported two and a half centuries into the future where he discovers a world on the brink of destruction. As humanity's last hope, Ichabod joins forces with a modern-day police officer to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
romeo53
guru
Sleepy Hollow

Transformers writers + Underworld director = Sleepy Hollow TV show

As if Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman weren't already busy enough with TV shows and movies including (among others) the Star Trek sequel, the writing superteam has just paired with Underworld director Len Wiseman for a TV series based on the legend of Sleep Hollow. But, of course, with a twist.

The trio will co-executive produce the prospective series, titled (so far) simply Sleepy Hollow, together. Orci and Kurtzman will script the project with co-writer Phillip Iscove (who came up the idea), and Wiseman will direct the pilot.

The show will be a modern-day re-imaging of the classic Washington Irving legend, and will feature Ichabod Crane teaming up with a female local sheriff to solve all manner of mysteries in their town. So it seems like a Supernatural/X-Files/Fringe/Buffy the Vampire Slayer kind of hybrid, with a classic name.

As we move past the 2012 pilot season and into the pitching season for the 2013-2014 TV year, this is going to be one of the big projects to watch. No one's picked it up yet, but all the major networks are likely to hear about this show, and with the talent behind it it's likely to be very sought-after.

8 years ago
Comments
defukdto
regular

sounds good will be looking out for it. sounds a bit like grimm. thanks for the info

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

New Show Watch: Welcome to Sleepy Hollow

Take a look at another one of FOX’s new genre shows coming this fall!
Created by [i]Fringe
and Star Trek writer-producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, Sleepy Hollow tells the story of an eighteenth century soldier who is ripped through time 250 years into the future. There Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) partners with Detective Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie), using his secret knowledge of the American Revolution and the Founding Fathers to help solve the small town’s greatest mysteries.
But also yanked forward in time is Crane’s mortal enemy, the Headless Horseman, who goes on a killing spree.
Sleepy Hollow will air Mondays at 9/8c, following Bones at the start of the fall season. Late in the fall (probably after the World Series) Bones will take a break, and Sleepy Hollow will follow the new sci-fi series Almost Human.

And here is FOX’s full description of the show:
What if you suddenly woke up from the throes of death 250 years in the future to find the world is on the brink of destruction, caused by unimaginable events, and you are humanity’s last hope? Welcome to SLEEPY HOLLOW, the thrilling new mystery-adventure drama from co-creators/executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (“Star Trek” and “Transformers” franchises, “Fringe”). In this modern-day retelling of Washington Irving’s classic, ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison, “Salmon Fishing in the Yemen”) is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.
Revived alongside Ichabod is the infamous Headless Horseman who is on a murderous rampage in present-day Sleepy Hollow. Bound to the Headless Horseman by a blood spell cast on the battlefield of the American Revolution, Ichabod quickly realizes that stopping Headless is just the beginning, as the resurrected rider is but the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. As this re-invented Ichabod finds himself in present-day Sleepy Hollow, he discovers a town and a world he no longer recognizes. All that is brutally familiar are Headless and Ichabod’s determination to annihilate this immortal being.
It’s a mission he must complete quickly, as Headless already has viciously slain Sheriff AUGUST CORBIN (guest star Clancy Brown, “Cowboys & Aliens,” “Carnivale”). Grey served both as mentor and father figure to Detective ABBIE MILLS (Nicole Beharie, “Shame,” “American Violet”), a young cop whose own supernatural experiences help her form an unlikely bond with Ichabod. But Sleepy Hollow’s head of police, Captain FRANK IRVING (Orlando Jones, “The Chicago 8,” “Drumline”), isn’t buying any of this. In fact, the only person who is on Abbie’s side is Ichabod. His extensive first-hand knowledge of our secret American history, coupled with her superior profiling and modern threat assessment skills, will make them a formidable duo as they work together to triumph over evil. The complex pasts of Ichabod and Abbie, from Ichabod’s inclusion in the powerful and secretive Freemasons Society and the ghostly appearance of his late wife, KATRINA (Katia Winter, “Dexter”), to Abbie’s childhood visions, will help them solve the intricate puzzles of Sleepy Hollow in order to protect its future. As history repeats itself, the oddly-linked pair will draw on the real stories and hallowed secrets this nation was founded on in their quest to stop an increasingly vicious cycle of evil.
SLEEPY HOLLOW is from K/O Paper Products in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series is co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and Len Wiseman (“Hawaii Five-0,” “Underworld” and “Total Recall”). The series is executive-produced by Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman and Heather Kadin. Iscove serves as supervising producer. Wiseman directed the pilot.

preview trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEi9-LBAmds

[/i]

7 years ago
cherylvll
expert

Just watched the pilot, it was awsome!

7 years ago
paintitblack

Love the brawd Ax. I,m going to add one of those to my home defense locker.

7 years ago
rorena623

I was so excited waiting for this show to come on and can truly state that in NO WAY was I disappointed!! It's been quite some time that I've actually sat interestingly through a new series and have already set my DVR to record all upcoming shows in the event I miss them. As I'm not one into all of the mystery and possible gore, I guess i've always been interested in the story of Sleepy Hollow; and to have such a twist to it is fantastic! After physically jumping on a couple of the scenes, again I have to say that I'm definitely looking forwarding to next week.

Hope we can get some more viewers out there watching!

7 years ago
blake
Employee

Such an awesome show!

7 years ago
doronsky
guru

cool show "interesting"

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

good first episode

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

Sleepy Hollow Debuts To Big Ratings

It’s Tuesday morning champagne for FOX, which went big with its promotional push for Sleepy Hollow — and scored a big audience.
The new fantasy drama debuted last night to an estimated 10.1 million people (Live Same Day), the biggest broadcast drama premiere since NBC’s Revolution last fall, and FOX’s best since 2007′s K-Ville, according to TVbytheNumbers.
On the broadcast networks only ABC’s season premiere of Dancing with the Stars (16.19 million) and CBS’s finale of its summer blockbuster Under the Dome (11.84 million) drew more viewers.
The Sleepy Hollow premiere led the way in the Adults 18-49 demographic, with a 3.4 rating. In that demo, the show was tops for the night.
The premiere also did well in social media, with both “Sleepy Hollow” and the #sleepyhollow hashtag trending nationwide.
The show followed the season premiere of Bones, which drew 7.53 million.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

It was a slow start for me, hopefully it improves...

7 years ago

Very interesting show. Much better than I thought it would be. I'm intrigged and will watch more.

7 years ago
wjtw
guru

It was good! I am ready for another weeks showing! Bring it on!!

7 years ago
starbuck13
guru

I didn't think twice about this show,but after that episode I'll be sticking around.

7 years ago
doronsky
guru

wow that made me jump

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

been good so far

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

FOX Renews Sleepy Hollow For Season Two

The new fantasy drama Sleepy Hollow is shaping up to be a serious hit for FOX, and it shows: Only three episodes into its freshman season the series has been given a full renewal for next year.
That’s a big vote of confidence for a new series, which at this time of year is usually lucky just to receive a “back nine” order for the spring, extending the initial order of 13 episodes to a full season of 22. Instead, FOX is sticking with its plan to air Sleepy Hollow as a limited-run, 13-episode fall show, and then bring it back next fall for another 13.
It will be replaced by the return of the Kevin Bacon drama The Following, probably in January, according to Deadline.
And it’s really no wonder: the premise of a Revolutionary War hero who wakes up in the present day to help fight monsters, demons, witches, and the Headless Horseman himself is a marketer’s dream. The fantasy series nicely walks the razor-thin edge between campy and goofy, so far managing to stay on the right side. It has mixed horror elements with the weekly procedural, and has already dug into a complex mythology.
Add in a pair of strong leading actors in Tom Mison (Ichabod Crane) and Nicole Beharie (Abbie Mills), and Sleepy Hollow seems to have something for everyone The September 16 premiere drew 13.6 million viewers (Live 3 Days) — the network’s biggest launch of a scripted drama since 2001′s Kiefer Sutherland smash hit 24. That includes a very strong 5.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic. When we add in the episode’s Friday night encore, Video on Demand plays, and online viewings at FOX.com and Hulu, the network estimates that 22 million people have watched the show to date.
“The show has proven to be a risk well worth taking,” FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly said via press release. “It’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast. I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into Season Two.”
Sleepy Hollow is co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove, and Len Wiseman.

7 years ago
wjtw
guru

I am loving this epic show! Keep it coming!

7 years ago
doronsky
guru

i find Lyndie Greenwood a lot more interestingthan her sister Nicole BeharieIchabod Crane Tom Mison plays a good part also.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

been good so far

7 years ago
tash845
guru

Good show; better then I thought it would be.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

Sleepy Hollow Season Two Gets Super-Sized

Sleepy Hollow is coming back to FOX this fall, and the show will be bigger than ever … literally.
The network announced this week that Sleepy Hollow has received a larger-than-usual episode order: 18 episodes for Season Two. The series will run mostly uninterrupted, according to FOX programming exec Kevin Reilly.
Sleepy Hollow will air Mondays at 9/8c in the fall, following new genre lead-in Gotham. That series has received an order for 16 episodes.
“It hasn’t been written in stone tablets that TV has to be done in 13 and 22-episode increments,” Reilly said. “We handcraft them here at Fox.”
Networks usually order either 22 episodes (give or take the occasional extra hour) or 13, the latter of which can mean either a limited series (like Sleepy Hollow was this past season) or be followed up with an order for an additional nine episodes to complete a regular season.

6 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.