Midsomer Murders is a long running TV series based on the award winning Inspector Barnaby novels by mystery writer Caroline Graham, who the Sunday Times describes as "the best detective writer since Agatha Christie". In each episode, the Midsomer community is shattered by violent crimes, suspects are placed under suspicion, and it is up to DCI Tom Barnaby, (replaced in series 14 by his cousin DCI John Barnaby), to calmly and diligently eliminate the innocent and ruthlessly pursue the guilty.
Midsomer Murders (UK) Season 1 (1997-1998)
|1x00 The Killings at Badger's Drift (Pilot) |
- A gentle stroll in the woods for Miss Emily Simpson ends in tragedy. To the village doctor Miss Simpson's death looks natural, but her old friend, Lucy Berringer, is unconvinced. ...
|Mar. 23, 1997|
|1x01 Written in Blood |
- Gerald Hadleigh, secretary of a writers' circle, is found battered to death the morning after the group's meeting with best-selling novelist (and former psycho-therapist) Max Jennings. ...
|Mar. 22, 1998|
|1x02 Death of a Hollow Man |
- The body of Agnes Gray, a woman who loved only animals, is found in the river - but she did not drown. Then her cousin Esslyn Carmichael is tricked into killing himself on ...
|Mar. 29, 1998|
|1x03 Faithful unto Death |
- A craft centre in the old mill at Morton Fendle is losing money. Several locals have invested in the business and believe they have been swindled by Alan Hollingsworth, the ...
|Apr. 22, 1998|
|1x04 Death in Disguise |
- At a local New Age commune (fancifully called the Lodge of the Golden Windhorse) William Carter is found dead with a broken neck, lying at the bottom of a staircase. Barnaby ...
|May. 06, 1998|
Season 1 Characters[none added]
Season 1 Videos[none added]
Season 1 Trivia[none added]
» Back to Midsomer Murders (UK) Wiki