60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Merlin (UK) tv show photo

Merlin (UK)

Merlin, a boy on the cusp of adulthood, arrives in Camelot hoping to find an use for the strange metaphysical powers he has possessed before he could even talk. Instead, he learns that King Uther, ruler of Camelot, despises magic and has instituted a kingdom-wide ban on any practice of sorcery under penalty of death. Audiences experience a series of magical adventures as they follow the unlikely friendship of a would-be wizard and the future King.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
Merlin Season 5

Merlin returns with series 5 on September 29th 2012 on BBC1. Series 5 will take place three years after the events of season 4.

Here's a little something to kep you going in the meantime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb4Sp1hM6ic

7 years ago
Comments
morphieo
expert

Woot!!! cant believe it!! Cant wait

7 years ago
rmk2martio

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

BBC Ends Merlin After Five Seasons

The BBC has announced that the current season of its hit fantasy series will be its last.
Merlin will conclude at the end of its fifth season, which is currently airing Saturdays on BBC One in the U.K. (with a total of 13 episodes). The final installment — a two-part special finale — will air at Christmas time.
Producers promise a “natural and dramatic end” to the show, which is loosely based on Arthurian legend. The series stars Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Angel Coulby, Katie McGrath, and Richard Wilson, and features the voice of John Hurt.
“This is the [season] where the storylines truly reach their apex,” creators Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy said. “We always felt the story of the legend was best told across five series, leading to a spectacular finale that draws on the best known elements of this much-loved story and brings to a conclusion the battle for Camelot.”

7 years ago
katel
guru

Well, what a dreadful ending to this fantastic saga.

6 years ago
katel
guru

Possibly spoiler for those who haven't yet seen the ending.

That tacky ending of Merlin in this century was very odd.
But I have to ask, 'Why didn't Merlin summon the dragon two days ago to fly them to the lake instead of waiting until Arthur was too weak'?

All in all I found the second half of the series final to be rushed and ill thought out.

6 years ago
brat07
expert

I thought the same thing about the dragon.

I didn't realise they had 18 wheelers 1500 years ago either ;)

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

spoiler alert

just seemed rushed to me did'nt like the ending at all

and why kill of Arthur in all very dissappointing

6 years ago
katel
guru

@Romeo53. I agree. Rushed and not very well thought out.

If Arthur had to die they could have at least showed us Merlin back home, and even Gwen with a baby to carry on....

6 years ago
thor

I liked most of the final episode. I liked how Arthur gradually came round to Merlin having magic. There were some brilliant scenes between Merlin and Arthur especially the scenes where Arthur said he couldn't have done it without Merlin and the scene where he thanked Merlin was just perfect.

I was however disappointed that we didn't see Merlin back in Camelot and that we didn't get to see how Camelot flourished after Arthurs death. It would have been nice to see a clip of the near future showing magic return to camelot and perhaps Gwen having an heir. Arthur died trying to unite the kingdom, it would have been nice to see that he succeded.

A good ending which could have been a great ending if a few more scenes had been added.

6 years ago
katel
guru

I think they must have run out of money in the last 10 minutes. :| It was great up until then, and even great up until Arthur actually died, needlessly, but just like Thor said, they should have shown the worlds unite in some way since that is what most of the hatred was about.
Instead of showing us that ridiculous scene of Merlin in the 21st century, it would have been nice to see him by Gwen and Gias (Sp?) side.

Oh, and Arthur should have been 'sent off' (Funeral) by the knights of Camelot and Gwen and not just Merlin. I don't know if I would ever quite believe he was dead otherwise.

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

tell me if i'm wrong but was'nt Arthur supposed to be this great leader that lead for like anywhere between 30 to 50 years

and pulled the sword from the stone when he was 12 and then became kiing

why could'nt they just stick to the story

6 years ago
katel
guru

Stories revolving around Camelot have been twisted for years. I am always looking for original fact in the stories now. Not that it was ever factual but, in Merlin Mordred was nice and loyal until he was betrayed by Arthur, but in the shows I have watched he was always 'bad' and he was the son of Morgana and Arthur!

Arthur was not meant to die. That was a stupid mistake in my opinion.

6 years ago
brat07
expert

The other disappointing fact was the Island of Avalon, which is believed to be Glastonbury today. It still had the monolith perched on top and the lake surrounding it. If that place actually existed, wouldn't it be one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world? But in Merlin, it is shown to still exist in the 21st century. Glastonbury is believed to have had water surrounding it in medieval times making it an island and possibly being named Avalon, but it definitely doesn't exist today. Big mistake i reckon.

6 years ago
katel
guru

Avalon is invisible, remember. Which is a good thing considering tourist would have destroyed it by now if it was real.

'The Mists of Avalon' is a movie worth watching. In fact it is one of my favorite movies of all times. It stars Julianna Margulies. She is a great actor.

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

to me i don't know what but i reckon something happened on set

and that's why they wrapped the series up in such a hurry

maybe we will find out in due coarse

6 years ago
thor

@Katel

I agree with you on Arthurs funeral, it would have been more believeable that way and probably more emotional. It's a shame we didn't see merlin back in camelot wearing some nice new clothing instead of the servants outfit he was wearing for 5 years.

6 years ago
brat07
expert

They probably could have called that show King Arthur, then once the king died, had a spin off called Merlin. Then it could have gone on for a couple more years maybe with Merlin's powers increasing while protecting Camelot. Then the king could have returned from Avalon after his wounds had healed, as it was written, and regained his throne, and then ended. JMO :)

6 years ago
cherylvll
expert

Where can I find season 5 episodes?

6 years ago
pdubone

It would have been nice to see Merlin rise up and take down the Disir and the Triple Goddess and show them for the cruel, malevolent beings who worship human sacrifice and indignity in the name of their religion that only has the "recreation" of the twisted hatred Morgana is such an overly adequate example of.

5 years ago
pdubone

I should say "show them, the Disir, as the ... in the name of their religion, that they are ...."

5 years ago
pdubone

I rather believe that "due course", spelled "due coarse" was right. It had something to do with someone's pocket book. But the "coarse part" was whoever's idea it was to end the series showing such a trend of sadistic thinking and crap as a writer. For the majority of the final episodes to let the hag Morgana keep causing trouble and to finally get Arthur killed in the end, I do believe that if I see those peoples names on the credits, I will probably not watch whatever show they are writing for and advise anyone else I know to do that same. If they like to wallow in grit, ugly scenes, cruelty and vindictiveness as being the winners overall, there is nothing they can write that would be worth watching after this

5 years ago
pdubone

This is a before and after comment: The writers should be banned for hacking up such wonderful series in to a tale of hatred and evil is strong and wins ... but let's find out who the money was behind this or the person who decided to end the series and "tar and feather" them for starters, then stick them in a dark old England type dungeon till they are so weak they say they are sorry, then take them out and hang them. Nahhh - now that stupid writing is affecting my mind and behavioral balance ... sigh-h-h-h ...

5 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.