60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Merlin (UK) tv show photo

Merlin (UK)

Merlin, a boy on the cusp of adulthood, arrives in Camelot hoping to find an use for the strange metaphysical powers he has possessed before he could even talk. Instead, he learns that King Uther, ruler of Camelot, despises magic and has instituted a kingdom-wide ban on any practice of sorcery under penalty of death. Audiences experience a series of magical adventures as they follow the unlikely friendship of a would-be wizard and the future King.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
Merlin Season 3

Merlin season 3 premiers Saturday Sep. 11th, 2010 7:25PM on BBC One (UK)

Preview 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_U67F1rPg

Preview 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igaMYZyx3c8

9 years ago
Comments
thor

just watched episode 03x01 The Tears of Uther Pendragon. I can't wait to see part 2, it's gonna be epic. I wish they had aired both parts together.

Preview 03x02 The Tears of Uther Pendragon part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdfBN5WW5Jc

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

yeah not a bad start to the season here's hopeing it continues

9 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

Yeah it was a welcome return.

9 years ago
shade169
guru

i liked how a prince shows he's servant how to mop the "floor"

9 years ago
danielrwalker1234
expert

look great so far hope it continues cant wait

9 years ago

The skeleton warriors were the best I have seen.

9 years ago
vyp3r

It is good to see this current series has stepped up a bit, and I hope they keep it up throughout. Series 1 and 2 never did this for me, even though I watched them all. A similar show Legend of the Seeker, came out and bypassed Merlin from the very beginning. So it is good to see it has finally got a kick in the tail, as it needed it.

9 years ago

Season 3 is on TV in Canada on Space.

9 years ago
thor

@recklessron

I think you mean Season 2 is showing in Canada on Space.

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

seems to be even better this season

9 years ago
denial

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

9 years ago
quark
guru

@Denial

Please stop spamming.

This is the second time I have had to warn you.

Do not let there be a third and LAST.

9 years ago
liliflaj
guru

The beginning of third season is very good

9 years ago
thor

This weeks episode (1x03) was very funnny.

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

agree thor could'nt stop laughing

9 years ago

the gobin was the funnest thing I have seen in a while. What he did was priceless.

9 years ago
thor

Another great episode.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Spoilers Below
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can't wait to see the finale. I hope "The Coming Of Arthur" part 2 really delivers.

In the preview below there is a scene where arthur and Gauis uncover the round table. In the second preview there is a scene where at least eigt men are lined up for execution. They seem to be knights, Knights of the round table? I do hope so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn3fA2PYFdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Qr2y2q9JQ

9 years ago
nogds9
guru

I do hope the third season will be showing on HULU soon.I just finished watching the first and second season.I thoughly enjoyed the series,well done.

9 years ago
blkhole
expert

Yes but they said it was the end of the series, not just the season final. I hope not...I really hope this series continues as it is so much more than other round table shows and look alikes.

9 years ago
thor

Merlin Will Be Back For Series 4

The BBC has renewed Merlin for a fourth series, consisting of 10 episodes. It is thought that series 4 will air early 2012 due to rescheduling.

Ben Stephenson, the controller of drama commissioning, said in a statement: "Merlin continues to perform outstandingly well against The X Factor and offers audiences an alternative treat on Saturday nights."

Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy, executive producers for Shine TV, said "We are both delighted with the continuing success of Merlin, and relish the chance to take the series to the next level with the long-awaited arrival of the Knights of the Round Table."

The series 3 Finale, The Coming Of Arthur - Part Two airs, Saturday Dec. 4th, 2010 7:50PM on BBC One (UK)

You can discuss Merlin in our forum.

9 years ago

Now that sounds good to me.
But I do hope they let Merlin tell Aurthur about all the times he has secretly saved him soon. Of course for that to happen either Uther has to stop killing all magic practitioners, or Uther dies and Aurthur repels the ban on magic, or at least good magic.

********Spoiler Alert************

From the preview it looks like Merlin will retrieve Excalibur from the lady of the lake.

9 years ago
thor

That was an excellent finale. I'm gonna miss this show, until it returns in 2012 ofcourse. It's gonna be a long wait!

9 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

A superb finale to an outstanding season.

9 years ago

to bad it is not going to return until eary 2012 I have a love hate relationship with the BBC
love the shows but hate it when they take over a year to get the series finalily on

9 years ago
tatay
regular

Time for Merlin to step up and become the power behind the throne, and for the throne to know it.

9 years ago
romeo53
guru

great show good to see it returning for another season

9 years ago

That was a great finale.

9 years ago
katel
guru

But it's going to be over a year before it returns? Not good.

9 years ago
vyp3r

I must admit, I'm glad this season stepped up a bit because I was at the stage halfway through series 2 where I thought, "This show is the same silly thing, week in and week out." The finale of series 2 made me give series 3 a go, and I'm glad it lived up to what it promised.

Series 4 looks like it will leave off where series 3 finished, with Arthur and the round table coming to the forefront (with Uthur stepping down as king) and (hopefully) Merlin stepping out from the shadows to show what he really can do.

It will be a long wait but I think series 4 will be were Merlin hits top gear.

9 years ago

now that would be great.

9 years ago
cmdrflynn
regular

I love the third season of Merlin is absolutely brilliant! It had all of the elements that I look for in a TV show, it is funny, had tons of drama and plot twists and of course action and adventure along with a healthy dose of magic. I can't wait until season four premieres

8 years ago
jmiker
guru

Yeah a fourth season:) With more episodes than first plan, sounds good to me.

8 years ago
thor

New thread for season 4 http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_108067

8 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.