60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Merlin (UK) tv show photo

Merlin (UK)

Merlin, a boy on the cusp of adulthood, arrives in Camelot hoping to find an use for the strange metaphysical powers he has possessed before he could even talk. Instead, he learns that King Uther, ruler of Camelot, despises magic and has instituted a kingdom-wide ban on any practice of sorcery under penalty of death. Audiences experience a series of magical adventures as they follow the unlikely friendship of a would-be wizard and the future King.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
jiji87
expert
Merlin

I pretty much like all kind of shows except for Sci-fi and fantasy shows, and my favorite shows tend to be gritty and realistic like "The Wire", "Oz", "Rescue Me", etc ... I do enjoy different shows as well like "Brothers & Sisters", "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "Desperate Housewives" and many others.

I watched "Doctor Who" not knowing it was a Sci-Fi show, and I enjoyed it a lot, and that's how I got to know "Torchwood" which I also really like.

But I still found it odd that I liked the show "Merlin" which is complete fantasy. Not only is it the type of show that I don't normally watch, it is also kid friendly which is also another kind that I tend to avoid.
If you haven't watched it yet and want to find a new show, check it out. It's very entertaining.

10 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

yeah it's not to bad

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

I've just dloaded the first five episodes & plan to have a Merlinfest in the very near future...

10 years ago
jekrikaleh
regular

I think a lot of sci-fi and fantasy shows tend to be too "out there" for people that don't like the the genres unless the writers stick to a more drama based theme that keeps things closer to reality. I am a complete sci-fi and fantasy geek but I respect that people have differences of opinion. Merlin seems to be one of those shows that puts some magical fantasy driven elements into a friendship drama, and not the other way around, so that many people can enjoy the story. I wouldn't be opposed to the show if the writers added more crazy stuff to the fantasy part of the plot but, as it is now, I think the show is great!

10 years ago
jekrikaleh
regular

when does merlin begin again?

10 years ago
quark
guru

@jekrikaleh

Did you bother to look at our show page.
http://sharetv.org/shows/merlin

Read my Special Announcement there and your question is answered.

10 years ago
jekrikaleh
regular

i apologize. i seemed to have missed that announcement when last viewing the page. thank you.

10 years ago
This thread has been closed.
See a moderator for details or to re-open the discussion

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.