Matlock Police was a drama series which was broadcast in Australia. The show follows the staff working at the Matlock police station.
Matlock Police (AU) Season 3 (1973)
|3x01 Leave 'Em For Dead |
- Attempted murder, treachery, gunplay and arson interrupt the promise of a quiet weekend for the Matlock police on the Sunday morning.
|Jan. 25, 1973|
|3x02 Home Away From Home |
- A chance involvement in a minor crime leads Jimmy Wade, who turned to stealing to support his deserted mother, and his friends into a nightmare situation ending in violence and ...
|Feb. 01, 1973|
|3x03 A Little Celebration |
- Three drunken youths force a young girl, Lynda Wilson, into their car at knifepoint and trigger off an explosive situation that involves Det. Curtis personally. Her father, ...
|Feb. 08, 1973|
|3x04 Wrath |
- An existing feud between neighbouring farmers is sparked off to the point of murder when a childish prank results in a near fatal accident.
|Feb. 15, 1973|
|3x05 The Death Maker |
- A struggling Matlock farmer is injured by a land mine in his sprout field. Successive explosions have the police puzzled until they start delving into the past.
|Feb. 22, 1973|
|3x06 Terror On The Loose |
- A group of prisoners escape from jail and hole up in the Matlock area. Unable to lie low, their desperate presence thrusts the Matlock police into a major crime wave, resulting ...
|Mar. 01, 1973|
|3x07 Cup Fever |
- Telephone threats confirm that a trotting mishap was no accident. The Matlock police, kept busy with Cup Week criminals, are called in to protect the driver who is up to his ...
|Mar. 08, 1973|
|3x08 Big C Blues |
- When a top Australian pop group comes to Matlock, the police have their hands full coping with robbery, groupies and drug pushing.
|Mar. 15, 1973|
|3x09 The Recurrence Of Brandy MacBain |
- Det. Sgt. Maddern and Const. Hogan are returning from taking a prisoner to Melbourne when they are forced to make an overnight stop at Goanna Bend. ‘Big Jim’ MacBain, the ...
|Mar. 22, 1973|
|3x10 The Holiday |
- A family holiday does not turn out as planned, and police find a web of intrigue, doublecross and a near tragedy.
|Mar. 29, 1973|
|3x11 Collision Course |
- Sen. Const. Hogan's protection is not enough to foil the ingenious bandits who rob a payroll on its way to one of Matlock's outlying timber mills.
|Apr. 05, 1973|
|3x12 A Home, A Wife, A Family |
- Matlock police have a problem on their hands when a young boy is struck down by a car driven by a mentally disturbed youth, and the child's mother refuses police access to her h ...
|Apr. 12, 1973|
|3x13 Hero |
- The perpetrator of a series of violent knife attacks on soldiers leads police to an ex-soldier, who is motivated by a desire for revenge for what he considers wrongful dismissal ...
|Apr. 19, 1973|
|3x14 Robbery |
- When $500,000 is stolen in a commando-like raid on an armoured truck, the Matlock police find themselves up against a hand picked team of experts.
|Apr. 26, 1973|
|3x15 Dingo Hunter |
- Farmer Ted Woods is driven to take desperate action when he finds everything he loves in jeopardy and the Matlock police apparently unable to help. Det. Curtis is promoted to ...
|May. 03, 1973|
|3x16 Bedlam |
- Deacon Gallegar thinks a wild orgy is taking place by the river. Wally Struthers meets Gallegar's daughter Kathy who collapses after drinking too much home brew - Wally thinks ...
|May. 10, 1973|
|3x17 Poor Jacko |
- When Big Jacko returns to his wife and family after eight years, he finds the only thing that hasn't changed is his violent temper. Despite help from Maddern, Jacko cannot cope ...
|May. 17, 1973|
|3x18 Adam's Disciple |
- The Matlock police find themselves personally involved in a wave of violent robberies when Const. Hogan's younger brother becomes an unwilling disciple of a religious fanatic. ...
|May. 24, 1973|
|3x19 A Special Place |
- A raid on a two-up school in the bush results in the discovery that someone is making illicit moonshine in Matlock. Investigations lead the police to a payroll robbery and the ...
|May. 31, 1973|
|3x20 Chickens Home To Roost |
- A prodigal son returns home to find that his brother has been charged with assaulting a local cattle buyer. Investigations by the Matlock police unearth a nest of local cri ...
|Jun. 07, 1973|
|3x21 Beast Of Prey |
- When two riderless horses return to their stables, the Matlock police start a search for the honeymoon couple who hired them. They uncover more than they expected.
|Jun. 14, 1973|
|3x22 Grinning George |
- A coffin discovered on a young couple's block of land leads the Matlock police into personal danger and causes the unearthing of a bizarre religious sect.
|Jun. 21, 1973|
|3x23 Vengeance |
- Mike Miller breaks out of prison, swearing to kill the man who put him there - Sen. Det. Steve York. Notes: First television acting role for singer Colleen Hewett.
|Aug. 23, 1973|
|3x24 How Does Your Garden Grow? |
- An insurance company executive sets out to locate a missing payroll. His misguided inquiries lead to the whole of Matlock being thrown into chaos.
|Jun. 28, 1973|
|3x25 Welcome Home Champ |
- Interstate criminals greet a local boxing champion’s triumphant return to Matlock with threats, beatings and a kidnapping.
|Jul. 05, 1973|
|3x26 Everybody's Staring |
- A salesman's marital problems and a tragic tractor accident combine to involve the Matlock police in a race against time to save an innocent man from a deranged killer.
|Jul. 12, 1973|
|3x27 The Old Timer |
- When lone prospector Harry Anderson exchanges some old bank notes for their equivalent in decimal currency, he sparks off a manhunt that becomes a race between the Matlock police ...
|Jul. 19, 1973|
|3x28 What's In It For Me? |
- Violent criminals go on a rampage of bashing and robbing. The Matlock police are mystified as to their identity and motive.
|Jul. 26, 1973|
|3x29 The Last Laugh |
- A crime of passion has repercussions that threaten to get out of control unless Det. Sgt. Maddern can stop them.
|Aug. 02, 1973|
|3x30 Everyone Needs A Little Security |
- A corrupt security complex uses graft, intimidation and violence in an attempt to establish a protection racket in Matlock.
|Aug. 09, 1973|
|3x31 Jeff's Missing |
- A kidnapped child escapes only to get lost in the bush. Rescue operations are complicated by the child's neurotic mother and her criminal lover.
|Aug. 16, 1973|
|3x32 Accused |
- 15-year-old Jill Evans has fallen in love with Det. Snr. Sgt. Maddern because she sees him as a direct contrast to her father. She corners Maddern in the Matlock police station, ...
|Aug. 30, 1973|
|3x33 Executioner |
- A terror campaign against Matlock's 'Citizen Of The Year' has police and the victim baffled. It culminates in violence, rape and attempted murder.
|Sep. 06, 1973|
|3x34 No Sweat |
- Investigations into the mysterious disappearance of overhead power lines reveals the existence of a well-organised gang and its bizarre leader.
|Sep. 13, 1973|
|3x35 Funny Man |
- Arnie Colleano, a once famous American comedian, plays at the Matlock RSL club. A violent crime in his hotel involves the police in a showbiz world of alcohol, sex and divided ...
|Sep. 20, 1973|
|3x36 My Brother's Killer |
- An investigation into a fatal accident at a remote mining camp leads the Matlock police into a double mystery.
|Sep. 27, 1973|
|3x37 Squaring Off |
- Robbo, a charming rogue, succeeds in a series of outlandish schemes only to fail in his final objective. He manages to stay one jump ahead of the Matlock police and a couple ...
|Oct. 04, 1973|
|3x38 Sky High |
- A young widow and her son are held hostage by two extortionists who threaten to blow Matlock sky high with stolen dynamite. The 'Angel Of Mercy' helicopter, which is in Matlock ...
|Oct. 11, 1973|
|3x39 Ski-Do |
- Matlock police are called to the Mount Keira ski slopes when a ski instructor, Gunther Strauss, is reported missing and feared murdered. To solve the mystery, the police have ...
|Oct. 18, 1973|
|3x40 Help! |
- Cathy Phillips, a 16-year-old schoolgirl, sensitive and highly strung, is fearful of her stepfather who mistreats her both physically and psychologically. A social worker has ...
|Oct. 25, 1973|
|3x41 Etcetera |
- A man charged with having brutally murdered his de facto wife with an axe was found not guilty and released. He arrives in Matlock with his new de facto to write a book, and ...
|Nov. 01, 1973|
|3x42 Lone Wolf |
- A criminal with a history of violence and a long memory returns to Matlock, and starts a wave of terror and death.
|Nov. 08, 1973|
|3x43 By Hook Or By Crook |
- The owner of a once prosperous horse stud resorts to buying stolen cattle to make ends meet. Dealing with the cattle duffers leads to attempted rape and death.
|Nov. 15, 1973|
|3x44 Trouble With York |
- Sen. Det. York is accused of being an accomplice in a robbery, and his unorthodox efforts to clear his name get him into even more trouble.
|Nov. 22, 1973|
|3x45 No Flowers... By Request |
- A man's disappearance triggers off a chain of tragedies. No single person is to blame, but all must share a degree of responsibility.
|Nov. 29, 1973|
|3x46 An Old Enemy |
- Matlock police are short on leads when a security guard is callously murdered during a $15,000 robbery, until unexpected help comes from a mentally handicapped child.
|Dec. 06, 1973|
|3x47 Daniel |
- A young man just released from prison returns to Matlock at the same time as a number of strange attacks on young girls occur. Is Daniel the innocent he claims, or is he re ...
|Dec. 13, 1973|
Season 3 Characters[none added]
Season 3 Videos[none added]
Season 3 Trivia[none added]
» Back to Matlock Police (AU) Wiki