Matlock Police was a drama series which was broadcast in Australia. The show follows the staff working at the Matlock police station.
Matlock Police (AU) Season 2 (1972)
|2x01 Natural Loser |
- Lee Gibson is convinced that bad luck follows him about and that he can never win - but this time he is determined to do or die when he carries out an armed robbery. Notes: First ...
|Jan. 20, 1972|
|2x02 Kate And Benny |
- The innocent friendship between a little girl and a mentally retarded young man leads them to an encounter with criminals.
|Jan. 27, 1972|
|2x03 Bury Them Together |
- When a callous farmer, Geoff Mitchell, who thinks more of his shotgun than he does his wife, chases a trespasser off his property, it sets of a chain of events that culminate in ...
|Feb. 03, 1972|
|2x04 A Perfect Gentleman |
- A rich stranger, Ben Peterson, arouses the curiosity of the Matlock people, which turns to hatred when he is suspected of a violent sex crime. The battered, molested body of ...
|Feb. 17, 1972|
|2x05 One Dark Soul |
- Two Matlock boys return from a jail term in Pentridge to recover the hidden proceeds of their crimes. They are also seeking vengeance on Salvation Army Major McKenzie, but find ...
|Feb. 10, 1972|
|2x06 Titch |
- A lonely young boy joins a dangerous criminal on a crime spree that climaxes in violent death.
|Feb. 24, 1972|
|2x07 Brother & Sister |
- In the middle of the camping season, Matlock police run up against an irate father and an officious American Army officer - and some surprising results.
|Mar. 02, 1972|
|2x08 It Could Have Been Anyone |
- An accident involving the use of explosive fuel brings the Matlock police to the local camping ground. During their investigations a young girl is found murdered, causing tragedy ...
|Mar. 16, 1972|
|2x09 Uphill All The Way |
- A routine investigation turns into a death puzzle for the Matlock police when their enquiries take them among the truck drivers that operate along the Central Highway.
|Mar. 09, 1972|
|2x10 Cat And Mouse |
- An attractive young girl goes missing from Matlock, a series of bashings follow, then another girl goes missing. Matlock police try to fit the pieces together in what turns ...
|Mar. 23, 1972|
|2x11 The Breadwinner |
- An ex-convict living in Matlock appears to be going straight, but a chain of unfortunate circumstances place him under suspicion for a serious crime.
|Mar. 30, 1972|
|2x12 A Double Life |
- When the Matlock police investigate a robbery and fatal bashing, they uncover the secret double life of a young businessman who has a mistress.
|Apr. 06, 1972|
|2x13 Hogan's Week |
- When a Matlock Justice of the Peace is bashed and robbed, the prime suspect is Constable Gary Hogan.
|Apr. 13, 1972|
|2x14 The Wheeler Dealer |
- Norman Miller and his wife open an antique shop, an apparently legitimate business. Because Norman has a police record, Det. Sgt. Maddern suspects that it may be a cover, but ...
|Apr. 20, 1972|
|2x15 What The Eye Doesn't See |
- A dangerous gunman steals a car and bashes its owner, takes Constable Hogan as a hostage, and causes terror for Susan, a woman recently blinded in an accident.
|Apr. 27, 1972|
|2x16 Cheeky Charlie |
- Conflicts among fruit pickers become a matter for the police, and Constable Hogan's anticipation of meeting a long-lost uncle turns to acute embarrassment when his ne'er-do-well ...
|May. 04, 1972|
|2x17 One Of Those Days |
- Matlock police strike one of their most unusual days which involves them with a gun happy drunk, an escapee from a hospital, a near-fatal shooting, a young nurse in difficulties, ...
|May. 11, 1972|
|2x18 The Cow Hand |
- When Athol Hutchins returns to Matlock to help on his uncle's farm, he finds himself the centre of bitter prejudice which threatens to develop into violence.
|May. 18, 1972|
|2x19 Quicksilver Quick |
- A petty criminal finds an apprentice accomplice who masters the trade rather too well, and they become involved with a Matlock businessman who doesn't report a burglary because he ...
|May. 25, 1972|
|2x20 A Weekend's Entertainment |
- 21-year-old Roy and 18-year-old Liz leave Melbourne looking for excitement. They find it in Matlock where they are involved in a hit-and-run, murder, robbery and a kidnappin ...
|Jun. 01, 1972|
|2x21 I'd Rather Be Shot In The Back |
- Det. Sgt. Maddern is kept busy with a young wayward girl, a series of clever burglaries, and the reappearance of an old friend with a grudge.
|Jun. 08, 1972|
|2x22 Confessional |
- An attempt to blow the safe in the sacristy of Matlock's largest Roman Catholic Church backfires with fatal consequences.
|Jun. 15, 1972|
|2x23 Sir |
- A family tragedy brings old tensions to the surface with tragic results. Notes: First episode with new opening titles and still frame end credits.
|Jun. 22, 1972|
|2x24 Dying Is Easy |
- Family opposition to a teenage couple's relationship erupts into violence. Notes: This episode features the original opening and closing titles (indicating an anomaly in the ...
|Jun. 29, 1972|
|2x25 Violent Thursday |
- A road accident leads police to believe that a serious crime is being planned for Matlock.
|Jul. 06, 1972|
|2x26 Woman Wanted |
- Tony Angelini's hired help proves to be more trouble than she is worth.
|Jul. 13, 1972|
|2x27 Butcher's Picnic |
- Butcher Green's past catches up with him in Matlock when two old mates pressure him to share a lottery prize, which they feel they have a right to. Const. Hogan is accused of ...
|Jul. 20, 1972|
|2x28 Hurry Home |
- When a prowler terrorises Matlock, police suspect that he could be a seasonal worker, but further events lead them to believe he could be a local. Another complication involves ...
|Jul. 27, 1972|
|2x29 Will-O-The Wisp |
- Anti-police feeling runs high when a local man who has escaped from prison is hunted down by Det. Sgt. Maddern. An old prospector living on the outskirts of Matlock, Delhunty, ...
|Aug. 03, 1972|
|2x30 Blow-Ups Happen |
- Ex-speedway driver Bernie Smith becomes involved with local hot-rodders doing up their cars, and the Matlock police take an interest when they investigate stolen car parts. Bernie's ...
|Aug. 10, 1972|
|2x31 If Maria Dies, The World Stops |
- Farm labourer Vincente Garelli's wife, Maria, dies because of a hit-and-run accident. Vincente refuses police aid and determines to take personal revenge on the killer.
|Aug. 17, 1972|
|2x32 Don't Get Involved |
- A chance to make the big time is too much for Ferret Baker to ignore. An all-time loser and petty thief, Ferret unfortunately is out of his depth in this situation.
|Aug. 24, 1972|
|2x33 Cook's Endeavour |
- A parolee gets a chance to win back his wife and son and also his self respect by resisting the efforts of professional criminals who seek to enlist his aid in robbing his emplo ...
|Aug. 31, 1972|
|2x34 Black Samaritan |
- After a party, Det. Alan Curtis is accused of drunkenness and criminal negligence, resulting in the serious injury of a child, when he shifts her at the scene of a car accident. ...
|Sep. 07, 1972|
|2x35 Guide Dog |
- A burglary investigation causes Det. Curtis to become involved in the strange affair of a blind sharpshooter and his lovely niece, whom he uses as a 'guide dog'. She eventually ...
|Sep. 14, 1972|
|2x36 Ancient History |
- A woman's skeleton is found buried at the bottom of the garden of Dr. Bedi's new house, and a post-mortem examination reveals the woman had been killed over 30 years ago. Sgt. ...
|Sep. 21, 1972|
|2x37 Back To The Fold |
- When ex-convict Alec McKenzie returns home, the Matlock police look upon him as a possible suspect for a robbery. This is the least of Alec's worries. In the next 36 hours ...
|Sep. 28, 1972|
|2x38 Ghosts |
- Fear of the supernatural is exploited when Mrs. Czoska goes to live with her son and daughter-in-law. The situation is made worse by the mutual hatred between the two women. Notes: ...
|Oct. 05, 1972|
|2x39 Black Man With A Bag |
- An aboriginal knackery worker, Humphrey, who is always seen with a bag in his hand is branded as a 'bogey man' by local kids, and parents are alarmed by rumours that he makes children ...
|Oct. 12, 1972|
|2x40 Deception |
- High school girl Doreen Jackson, who ran away from home in an effort to bring her parents together, is feared murdered or kidnapped when her horse returns riderless. Turmoil ...
|Oct. 19, 1972|
|2x41 Chain Reaction |
- When a Matlock man loses his money in a business venture, disaster strikes the whole family - culminating in a police manhunt.
|Oct. 26, 1972|
|2x42 The Meek Shall Inherit |
- A normally meek farmer runs foul of the law when he tries to use revolutionary tactics to force a fair deal for himself and his fellow farmers.
|Nov. 02, 1972|
|2x43 The Rising Cost Of Giving |
- An unprovoked attack on a young girl, Judy Winter, and her boy friend leads to the Matlock police being involved in a bizarre suicide attempt involving introverted office worker ...
|Nov. 09, 1972|
Season 2 Characters[none added]
Season 2 Videos[none added]
Season 2 Trivia[none added]
» Back to Matlock Police (AU) Wiki