Country
USA
Network
CBS TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Hawaii Five-0 (2010) tv show photo

Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

When there's trouble in paradise, Steve McGarrett returns to the islands and joins fish-out-of-water Danny Williams to launch an elite branch of the Hawaii State Police. In this ultimate adventure series, complete with big action and charming characters, the team hunts down ruthless criminal kingpins, who inevitably hear those three feared words: "Book 'em, Danno."

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
Hawaii Five-O (2010)

From the writers behind the blockbuster “Star Trek” (2009) comes a clever, adrenaline-fueled update of one of the most iconic shows in television history. When there’s trouble in paradise, Steve McGarrett returns to the islands and joins fish-out-of-water Danny Williams to launch an elite branch of the Hawaii State Police. In this ultimate adventure series, complete with big action and charming characters, the team hunts down ruthless criminal kingpins, who inevitably hear those three feared words: “Book ’em, Danno.”

Starring:

Scott Caan as Det. Danny Williams
Alex O'Loughlin as Det. Steve McGarrett
Daniel Dae Kim as Det. Chin Ho Kelly
Grace Park as Kona Kalakaua

Check out the preview, it looks awsome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKODTVxy3E

10 years ago
Comments
et70441216
regular

I bet it won't be as good as the original with Jack Lord. Like the remake of the Prisoner lacks the quirkiness if the original with Patrick McGooham

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

sounds interesting will check it out any idea when it's starting

10 years ago
tash845
guru

@romeo53
Yes, starting this Fall on Monday's.

10 years ago
bp47
expert

Hoping Grace Park gets a lot of screen time.

10 years ago

from the clips I have seen it looks to me that they are trying to make a lite version ie. going to a bust and forgetting bullets
looks pretty lame Is it another prisoner kojak or life on mars remake I hope not but it certainly seems to be that way

10 years ago
thor

Show will premier on Monday Sep. 20th, 2010 10/9c on CBS

10 years ago
thor

On June 29, 2010, Bravo UK secured the rights to air Hawaii Five-0 in the United Kingdom and is expected to start airing it at the same time as the US airing.[19]Canada's Global TV will premiere the show in Fall 2010.

Source: wikipedia.org

10 years ago
thor

Msai Oka (Heroes) will guest star as a Coroner in episode 4.

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

well it was an ok 1st episode will have to watch a few more yet

10 years ago
wyrdweaver
guru

I'm just glad they left the opening theme the same. Makes me smile - ahh memories. : )

10 years ago
tash845
guru

We watched it last night for the first time; better then I thought it was going to be.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Surprisingly, this is the show I most look forward to watching every week at the moment. An honour I would have thought Nikita would have taken before now. Whereas, Nikita hasn't quite hit the mark with me so far, Hawaii Five-0 has eclipsed all the newcomers and come out a clear winner.

I love the banter between the two main actors. I think they have got their characters spot on. Everything they have a go at each other I can't help but smile.

The main show theme tune is perfect. (I'm not a fan of the original show as it is a bit before my time, but everyone knows that theme tune. It is iconic!) They haven't overdone it or altered it too much from the original, which is good. They've just subtly updated it. And it sounds fantastic!

10 years ago
vyp3r

Argh! spell checker!

"Everything" above should be "Every time".

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

yeah seems to be getting better eack week

10 years ago
tash845
guru

I forgot about Nikita ... we're watching this!

10 years ago
vyp3r

@tash845

Well some of us can actually watch more than one show at a time. (We take pills to do this! lol)

10 years ago
quark
guru

@vyp3r

Doesn't that make you X-eyed as well as all the rest.hehehehe

10 years ago
bigrich
guru

This is a awesome show I love it. "Book him Dano"

10 years ago
halley912
pro

This show keeps on getting better and better... I love it!!

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

@vyp3r
The music director was given one demand. Don't F**k up the theme song. He listened.

I'm loving this version. Steve and Danny have such great banter.

10 years ago
romeo53
guru

how can you beat the theme song it makes the show just about lol

10 years ago
thor

I was wondering why Danno was still using a walking stick. Usually injuries to characters on these shows only last one episode.

I looked around and found out that Scott Caan injured himself during production and his injury was written into the show.

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

That's why they should leave the stunts to professionals.

10 years ago
quark
guru

Maybe it wasn't a stunt just a trip on steps.

Thor do you know what caused the injury?

10 years ago
barmaiden
expert

@ quark
here's a link to one story on his injury.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/08/hawaii-five-0-scott-caans-k
nee-injury-being-written-into-the-show.html

10 years ago
quark
guru

Thanks barmaiden

Most informative URL

10 years ago
missnet
regular

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

10 years ago

This is the best remake of an old show I have seen so far.
Of course with an all-star cast like this it is no wonder.

10 years ago
kcwaak
regular

all I can say is Alex O'loughin umm

10 years ago
jmiker
guru

I agree with Zanderblade, they are doing a good job with the redo, I notice some references and lines from the old show, like Book em dano, but not so many that it is cliche or annoying. Lots of good action and suspense, I would say an improvement over the original series.

10 years ago

yea a new episode comes on tonight. I am so happy.

10 years ago
cmdrflynn
regular

I can't wait for a new episode of Hawaii Five-O tonight! The theory is great so far, I think the creators and producers have done a wonderful job in remaking a classic and very impressed with the all-star cast that they have doing this show makes it even better.

10 years ago
tash845
guru

The episode this week was great ... unexpected betrayal ... whew!

9 years ago

I can't believe he was so upset that he did not see the trap.

9 years ago
barmaiden
expert

Does anyone know if this show has been renewed for a second season? I hope so because it said to be continued and that was the season finale.

9 years ago
thor

@barmaiden

Hawaii Five-0 will return in the fall for a second season.

9 years ago
barmaiden
expert

Thanks Thor I can rest easy now.

9 years ago

Maybe the governor did not completely erase the recording.

9 years ago
cmdrflynn
regular

The season finale was unbelievable!@ zandarblade I agree with you, I can't believe that Steve was so blind and that he didn't trust anyone else from five-O to help him or go with him. I still find it hard to believe that the governor willingly helped the head of a major claim family, I wonder what kind of dirt that he has on her. I don't think of the governor a erase the recording, she only had a chance to press the delete button she didn't press okay or do anything to confirm that she wanted to delete it. If she was in screw Steve over and what was the point of her forming five-O and giving them to diplomatic immunity and jurisdiction to work any case without red tape? And what's with HPD offering Chin his job back with the promotion? I think that some cops who are very high on the HPD ladder are being paid by the yakuza family. There's something strange going on with HPD it will be very interesting to see what it is next season I can't wait for the fall! Does anyone know exactly when in the fall Hawaii Five-O will be back?

9 years ago

I agree with all you have said. I think she originally let him build the team to keep an eye on him. I think you are right about the higher up's or at least one of them at HPD are on the take.

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.