60 min.
Country
USA
Network
HBO TV Network

Top Contributors

Game of Thrones tv show photo

Game of Thrones

In the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime, the Great Houses (Stark, Baratheon, Targaryen, Lannister, Greyjoy, Arryn, Martell, Tully and Tyrell) fight among themselves for a right to rule the Iron Throne. Beyond the Wall and across the Narrow Sea bigger threats are rising until its a right moment to take a revenge. Based on R.R. Martin's novels.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
Game Of Thrones

7 noble families fight for control of the land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon families. The King of Westeros asks old friend Eddard Stark to be his chief advisor. More than one family is plotting to take the throne. The Lannisters may be hatching a plot to take control. The Targaryens are plotting a return to power.

The show is based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels.

9 years ago
Comments
jaaa

Just a notification.
In several hours there will full recaps available on sharetv for every episode of Game of Thrones.

If you are interested, you can read them and comment on episodes.

8 years ago
jaaa

There are full recaps added for every episode of the show.

Take a look at last episode:
http://sharetv.org/shows/game_of_thrones/episodes/638001/recap

8 years ago
newlinux
guru

good ending. now I have to wait a year ):

8 years ago
gvizbi
regular

Amazing ending!

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

it would'nt have paid to be one of the main stars in this they are all gone

8 years ago

*****************Possible Spoilers********************

All except the Lannisters, for some reason some they seem to worm their way out of very dangerous situations. The excption maybe Jamie. I think he may lose his head soon. I am suprised they did not take his head as soon as they heard about Lord Eddard Starks demise.

8 years ago
jaaa

After season finale, I was so excited that I ordered books.

I can't wait to read them, but I hope that they wont spoil the show for me :)

8 years ago
dobrivoje
pro

Great last episode. Too bad that few of my fav actors wont be back in second season :(

8 years ago
crawen
guru

8 years ago

Read the books alright they were a bit different ( No spoilers). Pretty heavy reading for fantasy. Best show out at the moment thought. Love it.

8 years ago
harryheck
expert

Only five days until the release of the fifth book; A Dance with Dragons. Been waiting allmost 6 years for this :D

8 years ago
blank27
pro

News:

GOT Has been nominated for 13 emmy awards 'the biggest of which was being nominated for Outstanding Drama Series. Also Peter Dinklage was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

The rest of the nominations came in the technical categories and include nominations for costumes, hair styling, makeup (both prosthetic and non-prosthetic), stunts, visual effects, sound editing, and casting. The fabulous opening credit sequence was nominated for Outstanding Main Title Design. While Tim Van Patten scored a directing nom for the pilot episode and David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were nominated for best writing for episode nine.'.

Also:

Filming for season two has begun. 3 actors from Camelot have been cast:

"So who could it be? James Purefoy was in Camelot and has been praising Game of Thrones in recent interviews. Eva Green is a popular fan choice for Melisandre. Jamie Campbell-Bower has been cast once already, he was Waymar in the original pilot. Or maybe Claire Forlani? She hasn’t been brought up in any casting discussions that I know of, but she would make a great Mel."

Next: Gwendoline Christie has been cast as Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones.

More: Actress Gemma Whelan is listed as playing the role of Yara Greyjoy. Now there is no Greyjoy named Yara in the books

8 years ago
jaaa

Thats great, I hope it will win at least 10 of them :)

Read full news here:
http://sharetv.org/shows/game_of_thrones/updates/1049

8 years ago
jaaa

New cast is here:

Natalie Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell.
Actress Gwendoline Christie will play Brienne of Tarth.

Liam Cunningham has been cast as Davos, Carice van Houten as Melisandre (young and powerful Rently's counselor) and ...

Stannis Baratheon will be played by Stephen Dillane.

8 years ago
katel
guru

So which Camelot actors will be cast in this?

I loved Camelot. Sorry to see it go, but would like to see the cast in Game of thrones.

8 years ago
crawen
guru

@ katel. jaa mentioned Liam Cunningham in her post, he was in Camelot. Other than that i think nobody else from that show has been comfirmed yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they cast more of them soon, they have begun production already so it can't be long before you get to know for sure.

8 years ago
katel
guru

Thanks Crawen. I don't know who he played in Camelot but I don't think it was a main character.

I guess it doesn't really matter who gets cast in it, the main get killed soon enough.

8 years ago
dobrivoje
pro

Yes, but still its important who get the part.

8 years ago
doronsky
guru

iv got to say . i love Tyrion Lannister Character ( Imp / Halfman )
he gets some of the best lines .

8 years ago

He is one of my favorites too. I do hope they do not kill him off; they seem to like to do that on this show.

8 years ago
snolly

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

8 years ago
jaaa

More actors has been casted for second season.

Tom Wlaschiha has been cast as Jaqen H’ghar.

Gemma Whelan as Asha Greyjoy and Nonso Anozie will play Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

Take a look:
http://sharetv.org/shows/game_of_thrones/characters/pg-4

8 years ago
snollys

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

8 years ago
jaaa

TONIGHT AT 9:30PM ET/6:30PM PT

Game of Thrones writer Jane Espenson answers your questions about the episode that she wrote, "A Golden Crown" on HBO Connect.

8 years ago
liliflaj
guru

The series is really good! Simply I felt bad that I watched it now and should continue to wait for the next year!

8 years ago
jaaa

TOMORROW AT 1:30PM ET/10:30AM PT: Join Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, a.k.a. “Jaime Lannister," from Game of Thrones for a LIVE chat at HBO Connect.

8 years ago
dobrivoje
pro

I can't wait to see Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell :)

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

August 12, 2011

Oona Chaplin is Jeyne…

After yesterday’s report that Oona Chaplin—granddaughter of Charline Chaplin—had revealed she was in Game of Thrones, we fielded quite a lot of speculation from fans as to who she might be. A lot of names were thrown out, and we admit, we were intrigued (and hopeful) that it might be Elia of Dorne, which would confirm that there might be a flashback to the time of Robert’s Rebellion…

But HBO has kindly provided us her name, and it’s not Elia: no, Oona will be playing Jeyne—

Westerling, you might wonder? After all, this is the “season of romance” as the executive producers put it.

Or perhaps Poole, who was briefly mentioned by Sansa at one point? Well, she’s quite a lot older than Sophie Turner, so we didn’t take that too seriously.

So, Westerling, right?

Well, hold on there.

Because… HBO told us not to mention a last name. And didn’t actually provide one. Hmmm….

What does that mean? We’ve no sure idea. One possibility is that this Jeyne will fulfill some of the same functions as Jeyne Westerling, but for some reason they’re changing the family name. Alternatively, she’s a character somehow fulfilling the function of Jeyne Poole, but… we just don’t think so.

There’s one other tidbit HBO gave us, though, that may reveal that it’s none of the above: the role was repeatedly described as a “small” one. Does this put us back in the Jeyne Poole area? Or does “season of romance” not mean what we think it means? Or maybe she’s entirely unrelated to these? Or…

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

August 10, 2011

More Casting: Robert Pugh is Craster

Wow, a veritable flood of casting news! Now The Hollywood Reporter has the exclusive news that Welsh actor Robert Pugh has been cast in the role of Craster, a brutish wildling who rules his “keep”, terrorizing his wives and his daughters… many of whom are one and the same. Considered a friend to the Watch, he’ll play a part in the Lord Commander’s expedition beyond the Wall.

Pugh’s a veteran actor with a number of film roles under his belt, including appearances in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Robin Hood, and The Last Legion

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

August 10, 2011

Michael McElhatton is Roose Bolton

And once again, GRRM confirms the guesses: Irish actor Michael McElhatton has been cast in the role of Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort, a northern bannerman to the Starks who plays a prominent role in Robb’s campaign. See our previous post with details on McElhatton and why he fit the clues.

McElhatton certainly has the look for Roose Bolton, to say the least. Below is a long showreel from his agency, although unfortunately the audio encoding is a bit of a mess:

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

August 09, 2011

Karl Davies is… Alton Lannister

Rumor of this bubbled up recently when the actor’s CV showed the role, but Access Hollywood now has the confirmation: British actor Karl Davies is Alton Lannister. Davies is perhaps best-known for his role in the long-running British soap, Emmerdale.

Some discussion, and clips featuring the actor, below.

As readers of the novels know, Alton Lannister is not a character in the books. The common speculation, which sounds right to us, is that Alton is going to take over the role of a character that was in the book.

Spoilers follow:

Our guess is that he’s basically taking over the role of Cleos Frey, the half-Lannister grandson of Lord Walder who, with his father Ser Emmon, fought on the Lannister side as part of another example of Frey duplicity with Lord Walder having a foot in each camp. Why replace Cleos with a pure Lannister? We can only think that this is just part of keeping the story simpler—this detail about the Freys is telling, but it’s also about a family that is not as important or central to the narrative as the Starks and the Lannisters. We would have preferred he remained Cleos, because it does shade things nicely, but we’ll have to wait and see for how it plays out.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

August 09, 2011

UPDATE: Ben Crompton IS Dolorous Edd

UPDATED: And GRRM has confirmed, and adds that it seems another clue or casting announcement is forthcoming.

We were asleep when George posted this rather late casting clue, so all the guessing has been done and we’re pretty sure fans commenting on GRRM’s livejournal have nailed it down. Here’s the clues:

From England, England hails this fellow, an ideal choice. He’s been a madman, a nut, a spud, a martian, a king, and a slaver, he’s gone up with a balloon and down with a ship. But why he is so sad when he’s stroked so many women?

Several candidates are batted about in the thread, but it sure seems to us that given the character—his being “sad” really suggests the Night’s Watch squire Dolorous Edd—we can eliminate certain of the actors, such as Bernard Hill or the esteemed Christopher Lee. Once you do that, well, no one fits better than British actor Ben Crompton.
•The post title, “Across the Atlantic Sea”, happens to be part of a lyric from Hair about Manchester—and Crompton is a Mancunian.
•“an ideal choice”: He appeared in the TV series Ideal.
•“a madman”: Played Mad Al in Going Postal.
•“a nut”: Played William Nutt in The Supsicions of Mr. Whicher.
•“a spud”: Played Spud in Midsomer Murders.
•“a martian”: Played Martian X in Radio Mania: An Abandoned Work.
•“a king”: Played King Mike in King Jeff.
•“a slaver”: Played Hodge in The Slavery Business: How to Make a Million from Slavery.
•“he’s gone up with a balloon”: Appeared in a short film, The Balloon.
•“down with a ship”: Appeared in The Sinking of the Laconia.
•“he’s stroked so many women”: Appeared in the sketch comedy Man Stroke Woman.

Can’t get more perfect than that!

8 years ago
dobrivoje
pro

I wonder what Alton Lannister character would be like?

8 years ago
jaaa

After Ireland, the next filming location for Season 2 of Game of Thrones will be Iceland and Dubrovnik, Croatia.

8 years ago
starbuck13
guru

Yay,I'm just 2 hours away from Dubrovnik =)

8 years ago
jaaa

Really? I'm maybe ten by car.

You can apply to be an extra. Tomorrow (at 3pm) is casting for 200 extras of all ages. I would love to go, but I haven't plan it on time :)

8 years ago
starbuck13
guru

Neither did I,but I will definitely go during the shooting.

8 years ago
jaaa

It will start on September 19th and last for 4 weeks. If you decide to go, you have to send me few pictures :)

8 years ago
starbuck13
guru

sure thing =)

8 years ago
asec92
pro

Natalie Dormer is going to make the worst Margaery Tyrell ever. Margaery is supposed to be in her mid-teens, cute, and outwardly innocent. After seeing a 30-year-old Dormer play seductress Anne Boleyn , I can't imagine a more inappropriate casting. No one would call Natalie a child, which is what Margaery is supposed to be.

8 years ago
katel
guru

Maybe so but they can't cast children in parts were there is a lot of sex and violence. At least I don't think they can, so they did the wise thing aging the parts up.

8 years ago

katel does make a valid point.

8 years ago
jaaa

I agree too.
Just imagine 13 old Daenerys in scenes from first season.

Its different when you read the book, but on TV.. I'm not sure that would be pleasant (or legal) to watch.

8 years ago
mnr
pro

last night i watched the last episodes..
sorry but people have told me alot about this show, i was expecting more..

8 years ago
prateekgoel123
expert

couldn't resist to watch all season in One go. OWSOME

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

Game of Thrones season two directors revealed

Along with some new casting news, we also are getting some info on who will be behind the camera for season two of Game of Thrones. The Hollywood Reporter on the director line-up for this season.The Descent writer-director Neil Marshall will direct an episode during Season 2 of HBO’s epic period drama. The episode will mark his TV directing debut.
Marshall, whose credits include features Doomsday and Centurion, joins Alan Taylor, Alik Sakharov, David Petrarca and David Nutter as directors for the upcoming season.
Winter Is Coming: Not surprised to see the HBO vets, David Nutter and David Petrarca, in there. A bit surprised that Sakharov will be moving from cinematographer to director for season two. Will he still work as cinematographer as well, I wonder? I’lll have to look back now and see what episodes he worked on for season one and how well they were shot. As for Marshall, his credits aren’t blowing me away or anything, but I guess it is cool to get a Hollywood feature film director in there.
UPDATE: George R. R. Martin has reacting to the Neil Marshall news, apparently he’s a big fan, and he confirms that Marshall will be directing his episode, “Blackwater.” Yeah, he’s pretty stoked

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

Amory Lorch cast; Gregor recast ?

Another cast member has been confirmed for season two of Game of Thrones. Winter-Is-Coming.net can reveal that has been cast as Amory Lorch.Ser Amory Lorch is a landed knight in service to House Lannister. At the start of the second book, he is pillaging the Riverlands at the command of Lord Tywin Lannister. McKeown is an Irish actor that has had numerous appearances in film and television, most notably as Capt. Janeway’s one-time love interest, Michael Sullivan, in Star Trek: Voyager and King Odin in BBC’s Merlin.
A related, but unconfirmed, casting update: we have received multiple reports that the role of Ser Gregor Clegane is not being played by Conan Stevens, who played the Mountain in season one, but rather . Whyte is a 7 ft tall actor and stuntman who has worked on films such as Clash of the Titans and Alien vs. Predator. Interestingly, he appeared in season one of Thrones as a White Walker. Of course, he was literally unrecognizable under all that makeup, so bringing him back in another role would not be a problem.
Winter Is Coming: Nice to get some more confirmed casting news with the Amory Lorch announcement. I thought Lorch was a character they may cut, good to know I was wrong. Bodes well for some of those other roles still up in the air (no, we still have no word on the Reeds or Tullys). Too bad about Gregor being recast, assuming it is true, but I think Whyte could fill the role admirably in Conan’s absence. Most people likely won’t even notice the switch.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

Game of Thrones' casts wild beauty Ygritte

You know nothing about the casting of Ygritte! Until now: HBO is ready to unveil the final significant player added to the Game of Thrones second season cast.
Downton Abbey actress Rose Leslie has landed the key role of a Wildling woman that Jon Snow meets during during his adventures beyond the Wall. Ygritte is described as “strong-willed, witty, skilled in battle and survival in the wilderness. An unconventional beauty, skinny but strong with red hair (which the Wildlings consider ‘kissed by fire’).”
Leslie’s arc on Abbey wrapped at the end of its successful first season on PBS. She played Gwen, a maid who eventually snags her dream job as a secretary. It’s unclear whether she’ll return to the Emmy-winning series, which returns to PBS in January.
Leslie joins a rather huge season two cast for Thrones. The HBO drama also added a mercenary pirate,a lecherous Northerner and one of his pet wives, as well as a faceless assassin,Theon’s fierce sister,an heir to the Iron Throne and his sorceress,the Onion Knight a female wannabe knight and a proper princess.
Game of Thrones returns for 10 episodes in the spring

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

GRRM confirms John Stahl cast as Karstark

George R. R. Martin has updated his clue post with confirmation of what many had already guessed : John Stahl will be plaing Rickard Karstark in season two of Game of Thrones. This character had been played by a featured extra in season one, but now that Karstark has more of a role to play, they have recast the part.John Stahl is a veteran actor of stage and screen. The Scottish actor has had roles in Holby City, Doctors and Being Human on TV. He has appeared in numerous West End productions including Much Ado About Nothing, The Globe Mysteries, Macbeth, Othello, and the Danny Boyle directed Frankenstein. Rickard Karstark is a bannermen to King Robb Stark of Winterfell and joins him in his war against the Lannisters.
Winter Is Coming: A solid addition to the cast. The Karstark storyline was never one that resonated with me in the books, it seemed very superfluous to the story, but this casting definitely indicates it will be featured on the show. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out on screen

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

HBO provides some casting confirmations
on October 13, 2011

We’ve had quite a few castings leak out via Twitter or through the actor’s CVs on Spotlight or their agency profile. Although these were strong signs that the casting was legit, it is still nice to get official confirmation from HBO. Today HBO has confirmed the following actors and roles for season two of Game of Thrones.

Sam Callis as Gold Cloak
That last confirmation is one we haven’t reported on yet, as we just weren’t sure how significant this role would be. Sam Callis is a British TV actor who is probably best known for his role as Sgt Callum Stone on The Bill. He has also appeared on Doctor Who, Holby City and The Royal. He is officially credited as Gold Cloak, but I wonder whether he might be filling the role of Jacelyn Bywater in this second season. HBO generally won’t confirm a casting unless the role is more than just a featured extra (i.e. they have to have a few lines, at least). That they have confirmed it, combined with the fact that Sam Callis is an experienced actor, leads me to that conclusion.
Winter Is Coming: The cast continues to grow… We’re down to only a handful of roles still yet to be cast. With only about two months of filming to go, these roles are probably already cast and will hopefully be announced soon.

8 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.