60 min.
Country
USA
Network
HBO TV Network

Top Contributors

Game of Thrones tv show photo

Game of Thrones

In the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime, the Great Houses (Stark, Baratheon, Targaryen, Lannister, Greyjoy, Arryn, Martell, Tully and Tyrell) fight among themselves for a right to rule the Iron Throne. Beyond the Wall and across the Narrow Sea bigger threats are rising until its a right moment to take a revenge. Based on R.R. Martin's novels.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
thor
Game Of Thrones

7 noble families fight for control of the land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon families. The King of Westeros asks old friend Eddard Stark to be his chief advisor. More than one family is plotting to take the throne. The Lannisters may be hatching a plot to take control. The Targaryens are plotting a return to power.

The show is based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels.

9 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

'Tudors' star joins 'Game of Thrones' cast

HBO’s Game of Thrones has made its first casting hire for season 2:
Natalie Dormer, who memorably played the seductive and doomed Anne Boleyn on Showtime’s The Tudors, has been added to the fantasy drama’s regular cast.
Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell, a (minor spoiler alert) beautiful and shrewd young woman from the influential House Tyrell. She’s pledged to marry the late King Robert’s brother, Renly Baratheon, as part of House Tyrell’s support for his bid to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
In addition to The Tudors (where, appropriately enough for joining the decapitation-filled Thrones, her character was beheaded) Dormer is also appearing in the upcoming Captain America.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

HBO confirms Game of Thrones Season Two for April

This week HBO confirms that Season Two will start in April of 2012 (with another 10 hours), following the events of George R.R. Martin’s second novel in the series: A Clash of Kings.

8 years ago
dobrivoje
pro

I cant wait for season 2!

8 years ago
newlinux
guru

Me either... I love the way the story develops. I haven't read the books so it's all new to me.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

should be good when it starts

8 years ago
jaaa

This is the only show (currently on air) for which I don't have to worry that network will spoil it.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

that's as long as they stay true to the story

8 years ago
jaaa

Season 2 promo video:

http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true&vid=1222845&filt
er=game-of-thrones&view=null

8 years ago

That was a good promo. I do hope it comes back soon.

8 years ago
barbare11a
guru

I finally watched the whole of Season 1 in my usual marathon way..... Amazing!!! I immediately ordered the books and look forward to reading them before the start of Season 2.... WOW.... I'm so glad to have waited till now and to have seen all episodes in a row... but once season 2 starts... it'll be agony between episodes....

7 years ago
izzygee
regular

I am ready for Game of Thrones to come back. I want to rewatch all of the episodes from season 1 before it comes back with season 2.

7 years ago
katel
guru

I am looking forward to its return but I am in no way as 'amazed' with this show as everyone else. I think it is good, but certainly not even close to being my favourite. :)

7 years ago

Loved season 1, can't wait for season 2, gonna be brilliant

7 years ago

got the books from amazon yesterday cant decide whether to read them all or just the ones from the first series !!

7 years ago
jaaa

Read them all!
Not sure how thats possible, but they are even better the series.

7 years ago

Cannot wait for the new season to begin.

7 years ago
jaaa

new trailer (behind the Wall)

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/about/video/in-production-iceland.html?a
utoplay=true

7 years ago

I hope they don't kill off the rest of the good characters.
I was so sad when killed my favorites in the first season.

7 years ago
izzygee
regular

@zanderblade- I know what you mean. I was so surpried when they got rid of some of my favorite characters.

7 years ago
jaaa

I've read all the books, so (a little spoiler) don't get your hopes up.
It gets even nastier :)

7 years ago

Then I hope the young King goes next.

7 years ago
izzygee
regular

@zandarblade- I agree. The kiddie king needs to go.

7 years ago

He seems a little too blood thursty, and his crulty seems to know no bounds.

7 years ago
katel
guru

Because he dislike his character so much, he'll probably be one that stays. I can't stand his character either, especially with how cruel he is to the young girl and murdering her father. Her father was my favourite character, besides his youngest sword fighting daughter.

7 years ago
newlinux
guru

It is kind of nice to know anyone can go down in this series (not having read the books). Just hope good new characters (and actors) replace the old...

7 years ago

That would be a plus.

7 years ago
sarmiento38
junior

About Joffrey (the boy king) I watched an interview from G.R.R. Martin talking about how he liked to kill "the little bastard".. I read all the books, and I'll tell you it will come.. just be patient

7 years ago

Thank you, at last we have somthing to look forward to.

7 years ago
shade169
guru

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

3 years ago
maliniak

For me it's the best TV show of the last decade. I can't imagine anything beating it any tine soon.

11 months ago
marugujarat

11 months ago
b2never
junior

maliniak best show ? come on . one of great shows maybe but with having so many genres it is hard to choose just one .
for example these.
Westworld
Rick and morty
shameless (US)
magicians

10 months ago
geor97

8 months ago
flabby92

6 months ago
sung

6 months ago
melaniemyers

4 months ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.