60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Doctor Who (UK) (2005) tv show photo

Doctor Who (UK) (2005)

The Doctor looks and seems human. The Doctor is good-looking, sexy and witty, and could be mistaken for just another person in the street. But the Doctor is a Time Lord: a 909 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel with the TARDIS. The Doctor saves planets for a living and is very, very good at it. The human race will survive - but only with the Doctor's help.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
vyp3r
Doctor Who - Thread II

Because the other thread was soooo long it was about time we had a new one plus since we have the new series starting soon now is a good time.

Here was my last post in the previous thread:

---

A little bit old news now, but still interesting...

'As part of the promotion for the fifth series of the new "Doctor Who" the production team is creating a 3D trailer which will air in cinemas before UK showings of Alice in Wonderland. Those of us outside the UK will just have to hear about this bit of excitement second hand.'

Not so, as there is a copy on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA

11 years ago
Comments
andyroo
guru

Not happy!

No Dr Who in 2012 make andyroo sad.

Grrrrrr!

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

@andyroo, if you read the link by cfalgas it says there is Doctor Who in 2012.

9 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

@gedman ...but it will be less than 13 episodes... we have been spoiled with full seasons for the last 6 years!

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

@katgrrrl,

I agree we've been spoiled.

Still not happy with BBC holding off episodes for a "special" in 2013.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

@katgrrrl better some than none at all.

9 years ago

gedmen does make a good point. It could have been none at all.

9 years ago
quark
guru

Reminds me of the 130th Rule of Acquisition

"To receive something is better than to receive nothing at all"

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Too true...

I guess I'm DW greedy.

I just love the adventure.

9 years ago

I think we all do. Greed is good. Isn't that right Quark?

9 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

I just hope we don't return to the Dr Who of the 1990s, while I learnt the wonderful world of star trek, etc, it was a very lean DW time... apologies to anyone who thinks the regeneration of the 8th doctor was a valuable exercise. :)

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

The BBC came out and said the reason there would be fewer Doctor Who in 2012 was because Stephen Moffatt was too busy writing scripts for Sherlock, however, Moffatt later stated on Twitter that writing Sherlock was not the reason why there would be fewer Doctor Wh in 2012.

Make of that what you will...

9 years ago
eris1031
guru

Seriously unhappy about less episodes in 2012. On the other hand, AWESOME last episode before the break.

9 years ago
shaz692
expert

Great show! :D

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Desperately waiting for Autumn (Spring southern hemisphere)

9 years ago

the only thing I wonder is why he thinks a bowtie is cool. I know it is kinda funny, but still.

9 years ago
eris1031
guru

@zandarblade

that and his strange love of fish fingers and custard

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

yum... fish fingers & custard

9 years ago
paedr
pro

YO! VYP3R!!
Time to start a new thread....?

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

@paedr, there's no point starting a new thread mid season, make the request again at the end of this season :oD

Alex Kingston who plays River Song/Melody Pond really has reveled in the role and you can tell she really enjoys playing the part. The latest episode was a good conclusion to A Good Man goes to War.

9 years ago

I thought it was funny what they did to Hitler.

9 years ago
paedr
pro

@gedmen Yeah, you're right about the new thread mate. Should've asked him ages ago, but I forgot until recently. Ah,well, next year before the specials start again we'll get a new thread going. River Song/Melody Pond was a twist I hadn't thought of, but it was damned good!!

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

i liked the last episode with the dolls
( spooky looking ,would have been good in a horror film )

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

The Girl Who Waited

what a good story keep it up

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

agreed.

9 years ago

I like the weapons and tools she forged during her time waiting.
and the Rory bot was pretty funny.

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

Night Terrors another good story next episode , those tin men again? ahhh

there's been some good doctors over the years
Jon Pertwee was good but i was young then.
Tom Baker i liked is sarcasm and grumpiness
Peter Davison didn't like
Colin Baker ok
Sylvester McCoy hated
Christopher Eccleston could have been the best if he stayed longer .
David Tennant was ok
Matt Smith i have to say plays him really well ,i would class as my in the top 2 fav doctors

9 years ago

Possible spoiler

So was the Minatar and spaceship, supose to be based on the Greek Myth of the Labyrinth? I liked the concept, but the room with the creepy clown was a bit much.

9 years ago
cfalgas
guru

@zandarblade The concept for the hotel with the shifting halls came first and the writer said that the logical choice for the monster was a Minotaur, presumably because of the Greek Myth of the Labyrinth.

9 years ago
paedr
pro

Wow! Doctor Who really sank into the quagmire with this bland dribble this Xmas! Bye Bye Smith - Next actor please..!

9 years ago

I was not impressed either but I blame the writers more than anything else it was and idiot plot also blame the director for accepting such drivel

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

i have to say this xmas show was terrible . shoot the writers .
i did like the wooden king and queen thou .

9 years ago
cetacea
pro

oh please, the Christmas special has always been about sop.... it's meant to give you a bit of the old Christmas spirit and all... It was ok as they go.

T''was reading on wikipedia that Amy and Rory are leaving, it will be nice to get some fresh companions in there.

I miss David T, he brought a human quality. Matt is too big of his boots, I hope he doesn't keep saying how brilliant he is again.

Bring back the Doctor's daughter, I would love to see her again. It would be good to give Matt the sense that he is not the only brilliant one.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

@cetacea, I have heard no news about Amy & Rory leaving, but wikipedia is not always a reliable source for info, but like i said I haven't heard or looked for news so.... maybe?

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

Just found this....Steve Moffat has announced that actress Karen Gillan and her screen husband Arthur Darvill, who plays Rory, will both be written out during the next series.

9 years ago

I will miss Amy, but not Rory. I liked the latest Christmas special. Even if it was a little goofy.

9 years ago
cetacea
pro

@gedmen, I think you read this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/8960682/Doctor-Who
-Its-sad-to-see-Amy-Pond-leave.html

Another Story- Top 10 Female assistants
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/8541023/Doctor-Who
-the-top-ten-female-assistants.html

I disagree with the order, Nyssa and Jo Grant should have been higher than Ace and Peri Brown.

9 years ago
thetrekhippy

Oh great, so he'll spend some time alone, and then pick up yet another companion. I'd be cool if they would bring back an upgraded K9 like K10 or lol K13 and he can say he had to scrap Ten through Twelve LOL. He had to scrap them but they sort of became integrated with the TARDIS persona, creating some interesting new rooms? ROFL lol Ok, but seriously, are we gonna see him fight the newly reborn from the umpteenth death Daleks again?

9 years ago
dalienx
regular

Um can someone update the doctor page please?
It still says "doctor who will return at Christmas 2011".. lol

8 years ago
thor

@dalienx

Done.

8 years ago
schalti
expert

Jenna-Louise Coleman. anyone?

If you don't know that name now, you certainly will in a few months time.
This bright, perky young lass is on board as Clara.

On board, indeed. Clara is the newest companion for The Doctor.

You can grab a peak at Clara along side Matt Smith at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8053594@N04/7168875031/in/photostream

8 years ago

From the Den Of Geeks web site.

BBC America is to air four new Doctor Who documentaries in the run-up to the season seven opener…

Our US chums are in for a Who-related treat in the lead-up to Asylum of the Daleks, as BBC America will be airing four new one-hour-long Doctor Who documentaries this summer. Starting from next week, the four specials will air on BBC America to get viewers in the mood for the season seven opener.

Following on from last summer’s ‘Best Of…’ series, which took BBC America viewers through themes such as the Doctor’s companions and Doctor Who’s monsters, four docs themed on the show’s science, women, timey-wimey stuff, and destinations are all on their way. Broadcast dates and times are as follows:

The Science of Doctor Who – Saturday the 4th of August, 11pm.

The Women of Doctor Who – Saturday the 11th of August, 9pm.

The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who – Saturday the 18th of August at 11pm.

The Destinations of Doctor Who – Saturday the 25th of August at 9pm.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

I'm not much for watching documentaries, just get on with giving us the new shows BBC!

8 years ago

Hi All,

Just wondering is anyone has seen torrents for these specials.

If so, can you point me in the right direction.

8 years ago
alleng
guru

thepiratebay

8 years ago

PirateBay is Blocked by Virgin Media

8 years ago
cfalgas
guru

http://blog.tdobson.net/2012/05/howto-access-the-pirate-bay-if-youre-on-vir
gin-media/

This article has some suggested work arounds you can try. Since I am not on Virgin Media, I cannot guarantee that any of the suggested methods will work.

8 years ago

Taken from Yahoo News

The BBC is working on a drama about the early days of Doctor Who to mark the hit show's 50th anniversary.

The 90-minute film will examine how the show was brought to life, looking at the key figures in the sci-fi series, which first aired on November 23, 1963.

The one-off BBC Two story, called An Adventure In Space And Time, is being written by Doctor Who scriptwriter Mark Gatiss.

Details about casting - including who will play the actor who first starred as the Doctor, William Hartnell - will be confirmed next year.

The BBC won acclaim two years ago for its drama The Road To Coronation Street which looked at the birth of the ITV soap, coinciding with the programme's half-century celebrations.

TV chiefs said the new programme would explore "all aspects" of the show and would cover "the many personalities involved in bringing the series to life".

Mark said: "This is the story of how an unlikely set of brilliant people created a true television original. And how an actor - William Hartnell - stereotyped in hard-man roles became a hero to millions of children.

"I've wanted to tell this story for more years than I can remember. To make it happen for Doctor Who's 50th birthday is, quite simply, a dream come true."

Executive producer Steven Moffat, who is in charge of Doctor Who at the BBC, said: "The story of Doctor Who is the story of television, so it's fitting in the anniversary year that we make our most important journey back in time to see how the Tardis was launched."

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

They've been showing trailers for the new season on the BBC, it looks promising.

8 years ago
paedr
pro

Julz!!
New thread FFS!!

8 years ago

@iceman are they going to reveal what happened with the time wars that is the only thing that bugs me about the new series no continuity with the old series

8 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.