60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Doctor Who (UK) (2005) tv show photo

Doctor Who (UK) (2005)

The Doctor looks and seems human. The Doctor is good-looking, sexy and witty, and could be mistaken for just another person in the street. But the Doctor is a Time Lord: a 909 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel with the TARDIS. The Doctor saves planets for a living and is very, very good at it. The human race will survive - but only with the Doctor's help.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
vyp3r
Doctor Who - Thread II

Because the other thread was soooo long it was about time we had a new one plus since we have the new series starting soon now is a good time.

Here was my last post in the previous thread:

---

A little bit old news now, but still interesting...

'As part of the promotion for the fifth series of the new "Doctor Who" the production team is creating a 3D trailer which will air in cinemas before UK showings of Alice in Wonderland. Those of us outside the UK will just have to hear about this bit of excitement second hand.'

Not so, as there is a copy on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA

11 years ago
Comments
andyroo
guru

The new ship may be yet another spin off series...

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Not likely andyroo.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

S06E04 is still making small references to the doctor's death.

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

i liked the idea of a talking tardis ,i dont think it would work all the time thou ,but id be happy to see her again thou some time ,played well who ever it was.

9 years ago
bobert412
pro

Amazing show. Tardis... Wow- She stole a time lord. Brilliant! I really liked that twist on things. She always gets him where he Needs to go. Brilliance! This season is pretty good. Its moving back to how Doctor Who has always been. Matt Smith plays the role. Remember, they are all the same person but with each regeneration a new personality comes of it.

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

got who played her now ,
Idris tardis or sexy
played by Suranne Jones ,she played a good roll

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

A talking tardis could steal the focus show from the doctor to her. So I think she will only talk occasionally.

9 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

I loved the interaction between the Doctor and the TARDIS.... v. romantic in a Dr Who way (like Dr Who and Rose). Wonderful episode! :)

9 years ago

That was the best episode with Smith as the Doctor.
I did like the reapperance of the ood even if it was for a short time.

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Ood are very cool...

Will they be friendly? Or will they have pink eyes?

9 years ago

Well this one had green

9 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

I wonder what the green eyes mean? Maybe its recycling friendly given that they were in a junkyard. :)

9 years ago
eris1031
guru

Maybe it was the entity that was possessing it...

9 years ago

I agree with eris1031. It was probably the entity possesion that give the green color to the eyes.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

That episode flew over, it felt like it was 20 minutes long...

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Still small references to the Doctor's death and Amy's possible pregnancy.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

*****************POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**********************

I'm throwing this in as an idea, now that the Doctor has a doppelganger surely it is possible for him to die in the future AND still live...

9 years ago

That sounds good to me, and I was thinking the same thing when I saw the second doctor.

9 years ago
eris1031
guru

Interesting. Though, I don't think this Ganger will make it to the end of the episode.

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Good theory gedmen

9 years ago
acustic
expert

what if it was actually the doppelganger guy that died so he can save the real doctor

9 years ago

I think that is what gedman, was trying to say in his post a few days ago.

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

thanks @zandar, I was saying that, but so much for that theory...

9 years ago
acustic
expert

you don't know that.. the doctor said something about saving his neuro-something and gave him the magic screwdriver

he may come back

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

Sounds Omenous

9 years ago
cfalgas
guru

After next weeks' mid-season cliffhanger, summer will feel like less of a break from school and more like torture.

9 years ago

@Gedmen well we can always hope that there will be another to take his place.

@acustic you mean sonic screwdriver, and didn't you see what he did with it?

9 years ago
acustic
expert

yea but it didn't get destroyed , meh , i'm more interested in what's going on with amy at this point to worry about the magic screwdriver and blob doctor

9 years ago
quark
guru

I always thought it was called a sonic screwdriver.

Am I wrong?

9 years ago

@quark yes that ia waht I was trying to say to acustic. I guess acustic does not care about being accurate.

***Spoiler Alert***

I think she was taken back in '66. When the Aleins took her I think they let the Doctor and Rory find the Ganger. But I wonder who they gave her to and was she sent through time.

9 years ago

*is

9 years ago
acustic
expert

is it that important i call it a sonic screwdriver ? lol , come on.. it's more magic then sonic , it does more tricks then criss angel

anyway , those aliens didn't look like they had any real technology , i love how twisted and unpredictable things get here , this is officially my favorite show

9 years ago

just watched the last episode where the hell did that ending come from more twists and turns than an infected col
@Quark it has been a sonic screwdriver for as long as I have watched the series this one and the orignal

9 years ago
quark
guru

Thanks Cap'n

Thought I must have lost my memory in my old age with acustic's use of magic.

AHFA

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

An old enemy back tonight...

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

WOW!

9 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

Just watched the latest episode... brilliant, wonderful... I do love it when the Doctor plays up the 'oncoming storm' role..:)

9 years ago
acustic
expert

i can't believe who river is , that's crazy , i love it

9 years ago
blkhole
expert

Wasn't episode 8 supposed to be on the same day as 7, Can't find it anywhere yet. Does anyone have any updates or feedback on this
Thanks

9 years ago
andyroo
guru

The Doctor has done it again...

I love it...

Whole armies flee when he appears...

I want more!!!

;-)

9 years ago
alleng
guru

River what next! But were is Dr Who daughter she must come back in it soon i hope!

9 years ago
vyp3r

@bkhole No episode 8 is not until August 2011. Because ShareTV gets the dates from TVRage (and whoever was the idiot who put that date on TVRage) it was carried through onto this site. I have corrected it on both.

And as for episode 7...

WOW!!!

What a bloody fantastic episode!

A pity there is a small break before the next 6 episodes, but with the story quality I seen so far this year, I am more than happy to wait a little bit.

9 years ago
blkhole
expert

Hope I live to see the end of this season...lol

9 years ago
paedr
pro

Doctor Who has been renewed for another season (7) and Matt Smith will be back as The Doctor!! Yay!!!

9 years ago

I think WOW is an understatment. That was the best Doctor Who episode I have ever seen. I don't see how they can top that. What I want to know is who in the heck is the one eyed woman, and why in blazes does she want the Doctor to fall into her traps?

9 years ago
gedmen
guru

****************POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*************************

I thought that was explained Zandar, she was just the leader of a race of people who had heard the legend of A man who had become so feared in the destruction he had done to vast armies(the Doctors enemies as we know them)and they decide to prepare for the day he came to them, a pre-emptive strike.

This was my understanding....

9 years ago

Oh, I guess I am a little slow sometimes.

Although the only races he fight are the ones who do unspeakablle things. Does this mean that they are facists looking too take over the Galaxy and kill anyone who would get in their way?

9 years ago
vyp3r

Good news paedr, thanks for that!

9 years ago
cfalgas
guru

Some unfortunate news about the 2012 season:
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/no-full-series-of-doctor-who-in-2012-21728.htm

9 years ago
alleng
guru

the new DR WHO movie my be coming soon time lords

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.