60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Doctor Who (UK) (2005) tv show photo

Doctor Who (UK) (2005)

The Doctor looks and seems human. The Doctor is good-looking, sexy and witty, and could be mistaken for just another person in the street. But the Doctor is a Time Lord: a 909 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel with the TARDIS. The Doctor saves planets for a living and is very, very good at it. The human race will survive - but only with the Doctor's help.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
vyp3r
Doctor Who - Thread II

Because the other thread was soooo long it was about time we had a new one plus since we have the new series starting soon now is a good time.

Here was my last post in the previous thread:

---

A little bit old news now, but still interesting...

'As part of the promotion for the fifth series of the new "Doctor Who" the production team is creating a 3D trailer which will air in cinemas before UK showings of Alice in Wonderland. Those of us outside the UK will just have to hear about this bit of excitement second hand.'

Not so, as there is a copy on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA

11 years ago
Comments
gedmen
guru

Cheers mate.

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

That was interesting...a villainous alliance.

10 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

I loved that episode, in fact even the weakest episodes of this season have been great compared with the RTD years.

10 years ago
blkhole
expert

So the Dr they were refering to being in the Tardis and causing the end of the universe was Dr River... I think she is either the Dr's future love or his wife. We Know this because the Dr does have a daughter!!

10 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

No, all the enemy mistakenly believe the Doctor is the cause of the the cracks in time so trapped him believing that would stop it.

10 years ago
vyp3r

@blkhole

If you watch the episode again, the Doctor's daughter was born from his DNA, not biologically. She has nothing to do with River.

10 years ago

I think river was married to the doctor and killed him

10 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

I think you have the imagination of a dead trout.

If anyone has watched any of the episodes of Confidential where Moffat has talked about River he makes it very clear that the relationship between them isn't anywhere as simple as marriage.

I do have a feeling at least one part of their relationship will be that it's the Doctor who put's her in Stormcage.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Reposted from Digital Spy...

Matt Smith to quit 'Who' next year?
Friday, July 16 2010
By Ryan Love

Matt Smith reportedly plans to quit Doctor Who next year.

The actor, who is currently filming the show's Christmas special, hopes to crack Hollywood by landing more movie roles, reports The Sun.

"Matt plans to quit after the next series," a friend told the paper.

"He is eager to try new things and thinks Hollywood beckons."

Production on the next series will begin when filming of the special is completed.

A BBC spokesperson added: "Matt is filming the Christmas special and then goes on to film the second series. Beyond that, the BBC and Matt won't speculate on things."

Smith will also star as Christopher Isherwood in BBC2 drama Christopher And His Kind later this year.

The actor recently told DS that he loved playing the Doctor and did not want "to give it up any time soon", quipping that he could continue in the role for "50 million years".

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Quitting...He hasn't even learned how to fly the Tardis properly yet, lets hope its newspaper nonsense,it usually is when its from the sun's pages.

10 years ago
quark
guru

Couldn't agree more the Sun is a 'rag' in the worst sense of the word.

10 years ago
vyp3r

From Digital Spy again...

Gillan: 'Matt Smith isn't leaving Who'
Monday, July 19 2010
By Catriona Wightman

Karen Gillan has insisted that Matt Smith has no plans to leave Doctor Who.

Earlier this month, reports suggested that Smith was planning to quit his role as the Doctor to pursue a film career.

However, The Daily Telegraph reports that Gillan has now dismissed the claims.

"Matt will be sticking around," she said. "I think those rumours were made up."

Gillan, who plays the Doctor's companion Amy, also revealed that filming for the Doctor Who Christmas special is under way and described the atmosphere on set as "great".

10 years ago

I'm glad Matt is not leaving. I just got used to him.

10 years ago
vyp3r

From Digital Spy again...

Matt Smith to stay on 'Who' until 2013?
Wednesday, August 25 2010
By Morgan Jeffery

Matt Smith will continue to star in Doctor Who until the show's 50th anniversary in 2013, according to reports.

The Daily Express claims that BBC bosses are keen to hold on to the actor for as long as possible.

A source allegedly said: "The current team believe that Matt is the person to continue taking the show forward over the next few years and want to avoid the prospect of fans having to get used to yet another actor in the role in the near future."

The insider is also said to have confirmed that Smith has no plans to leave the role.

"Matt has made it clear he's keen to commit himself to the series for the long-term," they claimed.

However, a BBC spokeswoman apparently denied that casting had been finalised so far in advance.

"From Matt’s point of view he's loving playing the part and has no plans to quit," she confirmed. [However], we aren’t in a position to provide a comment as to whether he'll be playing the part in 2013."

Smith will reprise the role in the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special.

10 years ago
eris1031
guru

Although 10 will always be my doctor, I'm glad Smith will be staying.

10 years ago
justin101
pro

From the Doctor Who Website...

Doctor Who Stars to Light Up Cardiff

Date:10th Nov 2010

Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill, known to millions as the Doctor, Amy and Rory, will be switching on Cardiff's Christmas Lights tonight.

We've full details but if you can't make it, don't worry, we'll be bringing you highlights of the event tomorrow, together with exclusive photographs from the evening and a full report.
However, if you are lucky enough to attend the event, we want you to take a camera and then send us your snaps. We're not looking for the best photographs in the world, just some pictures from you that capture what it was all about. So, save your shots of Matt, Karen and Arthur! Then come back to the site tomorrow to find out how to get them to us. We also want your thoughts about the evening and what were the highlights for you.
Don't forget, the big switch on takes place on King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff at 7.40pm, after the crowds have been entertained from 6.30pm by children's favourite Bob the Builder and his sidekicks Wendy and Spud, with music from soul band Supernatural. But if you miss the action, come back tomorrow when you'll be able to catch some of it right here!

10 years ago
justin101
pro

From the Doctor Who website...

Lights, Cameras... Action?

Date:11th Nov 2010

The most surreal moment of the evening happens early when one of the event's security guards comments, 'The Autons are putting on a bit of weight, aren't they?' He's looking at six-foot tall man made of plastic and he's not trying to be funny or ironic. 'That's Bob the Builder,' someone tells him. 'Oh...'
But this is the world of Doctor Who, so you never know! It's the night of the Cardiff Christmas Lights big switch on, and back stage, BBC Brand and Events Manager, Bethan Britton is talking to Jason Mohammad about what lies ahead. In about an hour he'll be introducing Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill to a crowd that the event organisers have told us is shaping up to be bigger than any they've had in previous years. So, no pressure then.

The Doctor Who team is gathered in a gloried tent, only it's not that glorified. Oh, the glamour of it all. And the Doctor Who Confidential crew is already here - hurray - sussing out the best vantage points and taking shots of the crowd. 'Have you seen those people?' one of them asks. 'Brilliant!' And they are, a huge happy crowd cheering every mention of Doctor Who and each burst of the famous theme tune. There's a sea of banners with Time Lord messages, from a simple 'Geronimo!' to an agreement that 'Fez's are cool!' Families with kids, fans dressed as the Doctor, people who've just come along for the sheer spectacle of the event, all enjoying a great evening.

Dotted amongst the audience are a load of familiar faces from the Doctor Who team who aren't working tonight but have just come along to see the switch on. Executive Producer Piers Wenger, Script Executive Lindsey Alford, and Brian Minchin, Producer of The Sarah Jane Adventures are amongst the first to arrive and seem genuinely excited by the festivities.

But where are Matt, Karen and Arthur? Well, they've been working on the new series from the early hours and have only just finished shooting. They've literally come off set, got changed and have apparently leapt in a car that is en route. Unfortunately the city streets are jammed and the TARDIS isn't an option tonight.

Never mind. There's still a bit of time before they're due to go on. A Christmas choir have belted out some festive faves, Bob the Builder and his side-kicks entertained the audience and the band Supernatural have just finished a cracking set. BBC Wales presenter Jason Mohammad bounds on stage and really and truly, Matt, Karen and Arthur still haven't arrived. As he begins to introduce the absent trio, someone backstage wonders aloud if there are any contingencies for the absence of the three stars. There's a moment of silence.

'Did any one see where Bob the Builder went?' someone asks.

Will Matt, Karen and Arthur be in time to save the Cardiff Christmas Lights? Find out in Who Switched the Lights On!

10 years ago
justin101
pro

From the Doctor Who website.

Who Switched the Lights On!

Date:11th Nov 2010

So, Jason Mohammad is on stage in front several thousand people introducing Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. Who haven't arrived yet.

Luckily, he begins with a fantastic video - a loud, fast mash-up of some of the previous season's most exciting moments. And as the Doctor, Amy and Rory battle aliens on the big screen, Matt, Karen and Arthur arrive in the sealed-off street behind the stage. They leap from their car and although they've been working since the crack of dawn they still look fresh and delighted to be at the event. There's just time for backstage handshakes, hellos and a very brief outline of what will happen on stage, and the next moment, Jason Mohammad is introducing them and the crowd goes crazy.

What makes the event so special is that it feels right. Matt thanks the people of Cardiff for the reception they've always given him and the rest of the Doctor Who team. 'It's a real honour to be asked to switch on Cardiff's Christmas lights,' he tells the audience, 'because the city has become like a second home to not only me, but the rest of the Doctor Who production team.' He expresses his gratitude at the what he calls a 'brilliantly warm welcome'. As Cardiff begins the countdown to Christmas, what better way to celebrate than with the crew of the TARDIS switching on the festive lights?

Jason talks to each of the cast in turn. Matt gives a way a little about the Christmas special, revealing that Katherine Jenkins, the Welsh mezzo-soprano who guest stars in the episode, will sing in it. And more teasingly, he touches on the story he's currently shooting, revealing that the monsters the Doctor faces in this one are the best since the Weeping Angels...

Karen is equally tight-lipped about future plot-lines but declares that the best thing about being the Doctor's companion is the adventure of it all and that if she could travel in the TARDIS she'd like to meet Elvis! Jason reveals that his children like the Doctor and Amy but 'absolutely love' Rory. Arthur nods. 'That's how it should be!' he replies without missing a beat.

Matt thanks the audience for coming and it's time to switch on the Christmas Lights, except there's no switch. In a moment of pantomime, Jason frets about how on earth they're going to activate the lights and - to a huge cheer from the audience - Matt pulls out the sonic screwdriver! Moments later, alongside Karen and Arthur, he's leading the cry of... '5, 4, 3, 2...' A dramatic pause. '1!' shout the cast and crowd.

Matt points the sonic screwdriver into the night-sky and suddenly it's ablaze with light! A tidal wave of cheers starts on stage and sweeps through the audience. 15,000 bulbs turn the city into a Winter Wonderland and celebratory fireworks mark the moment magnificently.

The Cardiff Christmas Lights have been switched on in brilliant style.

It may be mid-November and we've all got work in the morning, but for a few magic moments in Cardiff, it sure felt like Christmas.

The Doctor Who team would like to thank Cardiff City Council for organising the event and send big thanks to everyone who came to cheer on Matt, Karen and Arthur.

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

The Doctor Who christmas day special is today!

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

What an excellent take on Dickens A Christmas Carol...

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Matt Smith is excellent as the Doctor, I was hesitant at first when I heard how old he was but he has been nothing short of brilliant.

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Nicholas Courtney, who played the Brigadier in 'Doctor Who', has died at the age of 81.

He played the very popular character for many years and will be sorely missed http://sharetv.org/forum/discuss/Q_107549

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

According to IMDb the new season premiers 23 April 2011.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

9 days and counting :)

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

@andyroo, It is also on your profile page under your upcoming premiers.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

@gedmen, I'm just so excited :)

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

@andyroo, I too am eagerly looking forward to the new season.

10 years ago
rimmy

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

10 years ago
quark
guru

@Rimmy your Spam removed

So please read a message from me.

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Elisabeth Sladen, best known for her role as Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who, has died at the age of 63.
The BBC confirmed that the actress died yesterday following a battle with cancer.
Elisabeth first appeared in the popular sci-fi series with third Doctor Jon Pertwee back in 1973.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

Very sad

10 years ago
quark
guru

See notification thread

http://sharetv.org/forum/discuss/Q_107822

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

My Sarah Jane – A Tribute To Elisabeth Sladen will be broadcast on CBBC on Saturday 23 April at 6.45pm. Contributors include David Tennant and Matt Smith.

10 years ago
repunzel

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

10 years ago

That is sad to hear.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

New series....
AWESOME!!!!

10 years ago

Hi All,

Did BBC American air 06x02 Day of the Moon ????

If so has anyone posted a torrent of it/

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

I haven't seen it yet

10 years ago
gedmen
guru

Nor I.

10 years ago
katgrrrl
regular

New series... OMDW... brilliant... Stetsons are cool... more please!

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

Beards may be cool next episode. :)

10 years ago

The first episode of the 6th seemed a bit odd. Especially the beach scene.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

Lots of suspense.

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

Loving the new season.

Wonder what will happen about the child?

Whose child is it?

What part will she play later?

Loving it!

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

i can see that im going to be in the minority .
im not impressed so far .Matt Smith for me is a good doctor he portrays him well ,in his quirky way.
i like Amy Pond,and think she is great, i liked the way she and the doctor played off each other . but Rory has spoilt this, and its not the same any more ,River Song is ok most of the time ,Canton is also a very good actor but for me the storie aint that good .waving the screwdriver around like a gun.to me the age group that they are targeting for has dropped in this series .lets see what next episode brings ?

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

@doronsky

I agree that the target age group has dropped somewhat...

But the original series was never aimed at the grannies.

It was in time slots available to kids.

Torchwood on the other hand is aimed at the late teen to adult.

The Sarah Jane Adventures and K9 are aimed at the little ones.

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

hi andy
i agree its a family kids show ,and always has been.and always will be ,and torchwood is for the adults ,
( shoot to kill men )
i have no problem with that.
i just think the storyline so far, is not to the standard of the last two seasons ,so far that is.also i think it was better without rory, but i do like canton .good actor he can stay and river .

10 years ago
doronsky
guru

ok just seen the next episode The Curse of the Black Spot... and i got to say its back on the up. i liked this episode ,Lily Cole was good in this .

10 years ago
andyroo
guru

...she was great...

I totally agree doronsky, the storyline has gotten better with The Curse of the Black Spot.

10 years ago

Possible spoiler

I did like the fact that it was a ship conected to another ship. And the automated doctor was pretty good.

10 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.