60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Doctor Who (UK) (2005) tv show photo

Doctor Who (UK) (2005)

The Doctor looks and seems human. The Doctor is good-looking, sexy and witty, and could be mistaken for just another person in the street. But the Doctor is a Time Lord: a 909 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel with the TARDIS. The Doctor saves planets for a living and is very, very good at it. The human race will survive - but only with the Doctor's help.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
vyp3r
Doctor Who - Thread II

Because the other thread was soooo long it was about time we had a new one plus since we have the new series starting soon now is a good time.

Here was my last post in the previous thread:

---

A little bit old news now, but still interesting...

'As part of the promotion for the fifth series of the new "Doctor Who" the production team is creating a 3D trailer which will air in cinemas before UK showings of Alice in Wonderland. Those of us outside the UK will just have to hear about this bit of excitement second hand.'

Not so, as there is a copy on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA

11 years ago
Comments
alleng
guru

WHO is doctor who ???

8 years ago

Taken from Yahoo News......

Doctor Who fans will get a glimpse of Pond life in a new miniseries about the Time Lord's trusty sidekicks.

The five short episodes will be shown online ahead of the start of the new series in September and will focus on the characters played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill.

Writer Chris Chibnall said: "Pond Life provides us with a lovely opportunity to catch up with Amy and Rory since we saw them at the end of the last series.

"It opens with them at home and gives us an insight into just what happens when the Doctor drops in and out of their lives.

"Travelling with the Doctor is one of the greatest things you can do, but it's fun to spend a few moments looking at the chaos he can also bring."

Pond Life will be shown online over five days from Monday August 27 on the official Doctor Who website and BBC1 YouTube Channel and then repeated in an omnibus on the Red Button on Saturday September 1.

The actual series returns with the first of five full episodes on the Saturday at 7.20pm on BBC1.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

thanks iceman.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

Season Seven

Asylum of the Daleks

Episode #: 701

U.K. Air Date: 01.09.12

The Doctor is kidnapped by his oldest foe and forced on an impossible mission -- to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter: the Asylum, a planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind. The Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. With Amy and Rory's relationship in meltdown and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it's up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond's marriage. (BBC America)

Dinosaurs On a Spaceship

Episode #: 702

An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction unless the Doctor can save it and its impossible cargo -- of dinosaurs! By his side is a ragtag gang of adventurers, including a big game hunter, an Egyptian Queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know, there is someone else onboard who will stop at nothing to keep hold of his precious, prehistoric cargo. (SPACE)

A Town Called Mercy

Episode #: 703

The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a western town under siege by a relentless cyborg who goes by the name of the Gunslinger. But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious, Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret. (SPACE)

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Its back tonight in a little over 11 hours...

8 years ago

For all those who were confused by the Ponds breakup need to watch the 5 mini Webisodes, then this first episode make sence as far as the Ponds goes.
Other than that, I thought the opening episode was great, I can't wait for the next.

8 years ago
romeo53
guru

Ben Browder’s Doctor Who episode airing this weekend

Stargate SG-1‘s Ben Browder is headed to the Old West for a rendezvous with another science fiction legend.

Browder guest stars in “A Town Called Mercy,” this week’s brand new episode of Doctor Who. He plays a cowboy named Isaac, who lives in the dusty town that is under siege by a relentless cyborg. When the Doctor, Amy, and Rory arrive, the Doctor is conscripted to be the town’s reluctant sheriff.

The episode is penned by Toby Whithouse, creator of the original U.K. version of Being Human.

In addition to his four years as John Crichton on Farscape, Browder played Colonel Cameron Mitchell in the final two seasons (and two DVD movies) of SG-1.

8 years ago

Wow I loved Dinosaurs on a spaceship. And I loved the Doctors solution near the end of the episode. But what I want to know is what did he do with all those Dinosaurs?

8 years ago
cfalgas
guru

@zandarblade At the end of the episode it shows Amy and Rory receive a postcard from "Siluria" with dinosaurs and the Tardis on it, presumably from The Doctor. This would imply that he redirected the ship to its original location to serve its original purpose as an Ark.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Well I have to say that was disappointing and what a waste of Ben Browder...

8 years ago
bigrich
guru

I have to agree with Gedmen, I love Doctor Who and am also a great fan of Farscape and Stargate, I was really hoping for so much more from Browder. To be honest anyone could have played that role,

Anyway I'm loving the show overall.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Agreed on all points bigrich.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Don't blink or you'll miss the last episode for some regulars...

8 years ago

Now who would have thought a bunch of angels would turn up in New York City.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

How come nobody else noticed the Statue of Liberty had moved lol

8 years ago

Apparently they did every now and then. because the sound of her moving stoped from time to time.

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

But it didn't cause a stir, no crowds, nothing, ok maybe I'm being picky.

8 years ago
bigrich
guru

Also in the final sence on the roof top there were many times that they all stopped looking at the statue of liberty, so did she not grab them then.

If the doctor could not go back to 1938 to pick them up then why not go back to 1939. They did not die until 1980's. plenty of time to pick them up and take them home.

8 years ago

Didn't Amy say not to on the last page of the book?

8 years ago

They should have shot this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00zn6ff

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

One word...Excellent!

8 years ago
gedmen
guru

Episodes 6,7 & 8 have been poor IMHO, I fell asleep during the last 2 eps, I'm calling on the producers to up there game!

8 years ago
ciwifrukt
regular

Damn, I never liked Pond, I don't know why. Now Clara is a refreshment! Finally! Really great. Pond was just to much. Just running around, playing tough... Am I the only one that thinks this?

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

@ciwi, ever since Doctor Who returned in 2005 the emphasis seems to be much more on the companions and 'how special' they are, it seems to me that most of the time it is the companion(s) who saves the day, for me the series hero is the Doctor and the companion is there to assist & find trouble around every corner, the sooner we return to this format the better this series shall become...IMHO

7 years ago
ciwifrukt
regular

@gedmen I agree with the part about the companions sometimes taking over the series, but I must say that I love some of them very much, and that some companions act like "in the old days". Martha and Pond were very dominant, I agree, but Donna Noble has an awesome companion. Really.

New episode tonight, anybody going to watch? :D

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

Watched and once again disappointed.

@ciwi a few years back in this thread I was about the only one who defended Donna Noble as a good companion against all those who disliked that character.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

****************************BREAKING NEWS*********************************

Matt Smith is to quit the role of Doctor Who after the 2013 Christmas special.

7 years ago
brat07
expert

@gedmen, didn't they recently announce Matt Smith was returning next season? Or were they implying that it was this season?
Have they announced who the next Doctor is?

7 years ago
ciwifrukt
regular

No, they have not, but Im sooo glad Matt is quitting! :D

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

@brat, The search is on for the next Doctor, the likelyhood is that he will be a relatively unknown actor.

@kiwi, that's a little harsh lol

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

The new Doctor will be revealed in a special half-hour show at 7pm on BBC1 Sunday evening.

The Bookies favourite is Peter Capaldi,however, sources close to the show claim only 10 people know the name of the new Doctor, who will replace Matt Smith, and they are using the codename Houdini to try and keep it a secret.

Plans for this Sunday's half-hour show were kept secret with a repeat of Celebrity Mastermind put in the tv listings in its place.

7 years ago
xbigdomx

@gedmen All the details can be found on the ShareTV blog by clicking here.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

thanks @dom.

7 years ago
wyrdweaver
guru

Congrats to Peter Capaldi the 12th Doctor. Love that in World War Z his character was W.H.O. Doctor. :-)

7 years ago
wyrdweaver
guru

Double post - sorry. He has also played previously in Doctor Who and Torchwood.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

I just saw a trailer on BBC1 for the upcoming episode of the show and I caught a glimpse of the Zygons, last seen in the Tom Baker years.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

There is a mini episode available online 'The Night of the Doctor' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo which serves as a prequel to the upcoming 50th anniversary special 'The Day of the Doctor'.

Starring Paul McGann, this mini episode will for the first time ever reveal what became of the 8th Doctor. On the eve of his most terrible battle, the Time Lord is faced with a choice that will change the course of his life. The darkest of days are about to begin.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

As part of the 50th anniversary celebration there are two excellent shows to look out for, http://sharetv.com/shows/an_adventure_in_space_and_time_uk written by Doctor Who writer & actor Mark Gatiss is a dramatisation of how Doctor Who originally came to the screen and look out online (or on the BBC iplayer if you live in the UK) for The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot written by & starring former Doctor Who Peter Davison who reunites with fellow Timelords Paul McGann,Sylvester McCoy & Colin Baker, with appearances by Matt Smith,David Tennant,John Barrowman & Stephen Moffat.

7 years ago
gedmen
guru

I enjoyed The Day of the Doctor and it was great to see 'my Doctor' turn up at the end.

7 years ago
romeo53
guru

yeah I enjoyed it as well

good to see tom baker again

7 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.