60 min.
Country
UK
Network
BBC One TV Network

Top Contributors

Doctor Who (UK) (2005) tv show photo

Doctor Who (UK) (2005)

The Doctor looks and seems human. The Doctor is good-looking, sexy and witty, and could be mistaken for just another person in the street. But the Doctor is a Time Lord: a 909 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel with the TARDIS. The Doctor saves planets for a living and is very, very good at it. The human race will survive - but only with the Doctor's help.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
odo
guru
Doctor Who

Does any one know when season 4 kick off on BBC one ?

13 years ago
Comments
gedmen
guru

@ trek, here is the song Voodoo Child at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG2w1k1_BZ4

11 years ago
thetrekhippy

TYVM Ged!!!

11 years ago
thetrekhippy

After further research and listening to Voodoo Child, I remember that one, but that was the one played during the invasion of Earth. However, it helped me to finally figure out how to word my search and found a list of all songs featured on Doctor Who, which listed the song "I Can't Decide" by the Scissor Sisters, which was played by the Master as he enters the bridge of the Valiant. He refers to it as "Track 3", its place on the album Ta-Dah.

11 years ago
odo
guru

thanks ,nice to have.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

Ok, by now everyone should be aware that the new Docor is Matt Smith(WHO! lol)

Here is his new look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8161643.stm

What are your thoughts, are they trying to make a young man look older, do you like the new look?

Please keep your responses family friendly.

11 years ago
odo
guru

thank you i did not know.

11 years ago

They have made him look like some of the professors I use to know at Cambridge University.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

Were the professors as young as Matt Smith ;oD

11 years ago

No, The youngest was in his late 60's and the oldest thought I was there to serve him his afternoon tea and not fix his "stupid box thing ( old IBM PS2 computer)".

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

Looks like a bit of a twit if you ask me. Can't see him with a long scarf on and a floppy hat!!!
The new Sarah Jane adventures haven't started yet so we have that to look forward too.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

The premiere of the next episode of Doctor Who "The Waters of Mars" is shown on Sunday November 15th 7pm on BBC1 in the UK.

11 years ago

Only 15 more days to go, if anyone has a time machine I could borrow for 15 days I would be grateful.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

8 more now but who's counting lol

11 years ago

Somebody must know somebody who works in the BBC would could leak a copy of Waters of Mars to us early.
If you do, please let us know.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

LoL, yeh right iceman,they are so security conscious with Doctor Who that we don't even find out when the show is airing until the last minute.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

***************************spoiler Alert********************

The Waters of Mars: A Doctor Who One-off special.

The Time Lord is caught in a terrifying situation when he visits one of the fixed points in time and space, the disaster that hit Bowie Base One on Mars in 2059. As he tries to come to terms with the prophecy that his present incarnation is soon to die, he starts to consider the possibility of altering the fundamental rules of time and space,with the support of strong-minded commander Adelaide.

Starring David Tennant, with Lindsay Duncan and Peter O'Brien

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

OK that was a 6/10, the Xmas shows look interesting...

11 years ago
odo
guru

Doctor Who 2005 The Waters Of Mars 2009
is upped .

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

Just finished watching it will give it an 8 out of 10.
Good story line and good acting It's a shame David is leaving
he is the ideal Dr. Xmas looks good.

11 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

RTD wrote a terrible script once again but it still turned out very fun and the last ten minutes were great.

11 years ago

Only 16 More days to go.

11 years ago
lucymall

i dunnu i think it comes on fridays i don't really watch it my sister does she loves it.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

The day of David Tennants last hurrah as the Doctor has arrived.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

The end always seems to be the best part of the shows of late, keeps one waiting for the next episode of course,in the hope that it will be better.

11 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

The Master race, Superb line.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

If they spent as much money on the script writer as they did on the music maybe we would get a good couple of episodes before he leaves!!!

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

I wonder if the transition will follow suit and take place right at the end or will they give the new boy(literally) a few minutes screen time.

11 years ago
jayp23
guru

Good question, no way to predict because there are Pro's and Con's to them doing it at the start middle and end of the episode, personally I am hoping it happens "towards" the end so we can get a good look at this Matt guy. It's always sad to see a Doctor go and I musty ay David Tennant is by far my favourite, but then the new Doctor they cast is never as dissapointing as you'd expect either so I am going to give him a chance. I still think it is a very risky move to cast such a young actor for this role but maybe he fits it that well that it becomes irrelevant, hard to know.

11 years ago
quark
guru

In the context of the show the apparent physical age or indeed gender of the Doctor is indeed irrelevant.

Because, like Dax in Deep Space Nine, he retains the knowledge gained in previous incarnations.

11 years ago

question who was the best doctor
1 william hartnell
2 patrick troughton
3 john pertwee
4 tom baker
5 peter davison
5 sylvester mcCoy
6 the other baker dude
7 you cant count because that was a yankee production and it was terrible
9 one of the last 2 new series doctors

although the question my be a bit unfair because I am sure that many of our members would not have been for the first 2 for sure and maybe the 3rd

personally my favourites are
1 John pertwee
2 William Hartnell
3 tom baker
4 David Tennant

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

I think there may already be a thread on this subject somewhere capt,I liked:

1=Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker
3.Patrick Troughton
4.Christopher Ecclescake

I wonder if in a couple of years time will anyone include Matt Smith in their favourites list?

11 years ago

@ged maybe the younger members but us old farts all tend to like the older doctors more

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

lol capt...

The 2nd part was good but I would have liked to have seen a much greater(bigger,more grand & fleshed out) battle between the Doctor,the Master and Rasillon & the Time Lords.

I also think the scene where the Doctor finally hears the
'four knocks'was David Tennant's finest as the Doctor

11 years ago
jayp23
guru

Have to agree with that Ged, on both counts.

I only prefer Tennant because I am 27 and what I remember of the older Doctors is sketchy, I have seen a lot of the older shows but it is too difficult to appreicate them in modern times and through fresh eyes.

Does anyone know for definete who the Galifrayan lady was? (hope i spelt that correctly). I could hazard an optimistic guess but I dont recall any references to her before the 2 part finale.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

You guys are a bunch of kidies. I remember watching the first episode of the original Dr Who on a twelve inch black and white tv on the first day it was released way back when.

11 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

People of the world rejoice, never again will you have to watch another episode of turd written by Russell T Davies, let's (hopefully) bask in the glory of Stephen Moffat.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

I wonder if Stephen Moffat would have chose Matt Smith as the next Doctor...

11 years ago
uncertaingod
expert

He did.

11 years ago

I still think James Nesbitt would have made a far better Doctor the Man is a brilliant actor

11 years ago
jazzband
regular

Was there actually an episode or special for series 4 called Music of the Spheres. I can't find it anywhere but here on the episode list.

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

Try this link @jazz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzxVdA2F48

11 years ago

*********************Spoiler Alert******************************

Well at least they got rid of Donna Noble in such a way that if she shows up again, then there will be a good chance she will die. The only time I was not anoyed with her is in the second part of the finale, when she was part timelord thanks to the hand. But even then she was a little anoying.

11 years ago
zenerman
expert

I see BBC is ready launch season 5 on Saturday...is that right?

11 years ago
thor

Doctor Who returns on

Saturday March 13th at 7:00PM on BBC One (UK)

11 years ago
gedmen
guru

I've watched the trailers on the BBC website, it looks ok.

11 years ago
vyp3r

[This Post has been removed by a ShareTV Moderator]

11 years ago
vyp3r

11 years ago
vyp3r

11 years ago
vyp3r

Now moved to a new thread, please go here:
http://sharetv.org/forum/shows/Q_106729

Thread closed.

11 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.