The three Halliwell sisters discover that they are descendents of a line of female witches. Each has a special ability (stopping time, moving objects, seeing the future), and they can also combine their abilities into the "Power of Three" to fight demons, warlocks, and other evils.
Phoebe Halliwell born (November 2, 1975), is the middle sister of the Charmed Ones following the death of her oldest sister, Prue. She is a spontaneous, free-spirited young woman. She was born with the power of premonition, which enabled her to see into the past as well as the future, usually locating a demon in need of vanquishing or an innocent in need of saving.
Phoebe is described as rebellious and courageous. She's not afraid to try new things, a trait that both her older sisters admire and envy. She can also be very restless, impatient and quick-witted. As a psychic, she is often sensitive and compassionate towards others and thanks to her degree in psychology as well as her powers, she gives very sound advice both to her sisters and readers. She is sometimes compared to her Grams in personality.
She is also the only Charmed One to be born in Halliwell Manor, above the Nexus, which makes her more susceptible to being influenced by evil than others.
Phoebe has a creative mind and a very good memory. When she first started creating her own spells, she was able to recall spells and combine them into new and more powerful ones. She is street smart, as she can pick locks and pockets, as well as change the tires of a car. She's also fiercely loyal to the people that she loves, a Warren trait.
She is the wife of a Cupid named Coop and the mother of their children, Prudence Johnna Halliwell (P.J.), Parker Halliwell, and P. Halliwell (It was revealed in a flash-forward that Phoebe will have three daughters in total). She was once pregnant with and lost a son, while married to her ex-husband Cole Turner.
Phoebe was often considered the weakest of the Charmed Ones by demons due to her primary powers being more inclined to be passive than active. However, she consistently proved them wrong with her formidable martial-arts skills and her remarkable spell-casting talent.
Her powers often served as the catalyst for that episode's mission. Her premonitions can usually only be accessed by making physical contact with an item or person that is somehow linked to the vision she will have, once showing her Prue in danger of drowning after making contact with a spilled bottle of water.
Later, this ability allows her to project herself into the future and the past, giving her much more in depth looks of what is to come or what was. After long desiring for her powers to evolve into an "active power" (unlike the involuntary nature of her premonitions) Phoebe later gains the power of levitation, which she often combines with her proficientmartial arts skills.
Phoebe gains the power of empathy, which allows her not only to feel the emotions of others, but also allows her to copy the powers of someone attacking her (being that powers in the Charmed universe are directly linked to the emotions of those using them).
Phoebe loses access to all of her active powers (keeping only her ability to cast Power of Three spells and make potions) due to misusing her abilities for personal gain (forcing premonitions to occur so that she could fight demons on her own schedule).
She later regains the power of premonition, but her levitation ability is never seen used again. She is a romantic, and later becomes a successful columnist and author. Early on, she often had a turbulent relationship with her older sister, Prue; later she mediates between Piper and Paige. Her longest relationships are with Cole Turner for over 2 years and had a son with him but The Seer steals him (to her own demise), and with Coop.
In 2006, the Angel of Destiny marries Halliwell and Coop, as seen in the series finale, and they eventually have three daughters. She continues to work at the Bay Mirror.
With the destruction of all the strong demons of the past, Phoebe was finally able to have a normal live (she still assists the innocents, but things became much calmer than her early years). Phoebe continues to give advice through her advice column in The Bay Mirror to all who needed it, but was more interested in assisting her readers find love.
Phoebe also publishes a New York best-selling book called "Finding Love". She was last seen with her husband, Coop, rushing off for the birth of their third daughter, while Billie tended to their two other girls.
The magical lives of Phoebe and her sisters as the Charmed Ones, is written in the history books of Magic School as well as their own Book of Shadows, which has grown thicker by the time they are 80.
* Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals. Phoebe is considered the best spell writer of all four sisters.
* Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
* Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by the use of a scrying crystal, a map, and sometimes other tools.
* Premonition: The ability to see and experience events from the past, present, and future. This is Phoebe's primary Wiccan power.
* Intuition: The ability to sense when something is about to happen, before it does. This allows her to sense and predict attacks.
* Astral Premonition: The ability to receive visions of the future while simultaneously astral projecting into said future.
* Sharing Visions: The ability to share visions with other psychics by holding hands, palm to palm.
* Psychic Echos: The ability to create a psychic link with other psychics.
* Levitation: The ability to propel oneself into the air and hover. She can also extend her levitation power to levitate other people and objects when in physical contact with them. Also, while levitating she can kick an enemy over a distance of several feet.
* Agility: Defined as moving quickly and easily from one motion to another. She acquired this skill through intense combat training, her levitation power simply allows her to enhance it.
* Empathy: The ability to feel, sense and understand other people's feelings and emotions.
* Psychic Reflection: The ability to reflect emotions and/or memories back onto a person or onto another being.
* Power Channeling: The ability to channel and take control of the magical powers of other beings once and only if they are activated by the original user. Through the use of this ability Phoebe can access Deviation, which she often uses to deviate attacks back at enemies.
* Power Replication: The ability to channel and replicate the powers of other magical beings within close proximity.
* The Power of Three: The collective power of Phoebe and her sisters which enhances their powers.
* High Resistance: This ability is active when Phoebe is in unity with her sisters. It is also active while channeling the powers of another magical being.
* Remote Beaming: The ability to teleport her husband Coop to her just by focusing on him.
* Advanced Combat: To make up for initially only having a passive power, Phoebe took classes in self-defense. She also trained with Cole for short period of time. She eventually became the most effective hand-to-hand fighter out of all the four sisters.
When the property was green lighted to go to series, actress Rom was unavailable. Producer Aaron Spelling called Milano, fresh off her short-term guest appearance on Melrose Place to fill the role. Major portions of the first episode were re-shot, some scenes rewritten and new scenes added to create a full one-hour debut episode titled "Something Wicca This Way Comes".
Phoebe has been told by some demons (like the Source) that she was the weakest Charmed One because of her powers being the weakest out of the four. She is also the best at writing and casting spells. 'Alyssa Milano' is one of two main cast members (along with Holly Marie Combs) to have appeared in all the episodes, with the exception of the unaired pilot.
Phoebe Halliwell Photos
|Previous: Piper Halliwell||Next: Paige Matthews|