Country
USA
Network
SyFy TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Caprica tv show photo

Caprica

Set 50 years prior to the events shown in Battlestar Galactica, this spin-off prequel will explore the lives of two families: the Graystones and the Adamas. The two families are on opposing sides of the decision to create the Cylons: intelligent robots that will one day rebel and nearly annihilate the residents of Caprica.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
joker
guru
Caprica

It would appear that the Pilot Ep has been leaked.

A download of Caprica 1x00 Pilot is availoable on EZTV.

12 years ago
Comments
blkhole
expert

Episode 14 and 15 are on BT if anyone is interested. I found them pleasently entertaining and as is always the way when a show is cancelled the pace quickens up!!!

11 years ago
romeo53
guru

Syfy will burn off Caprica in January marathon

Friday - November 19, 2010

by Romeo53
Syfy Channel will burn off the last five episodes of its original series Caprica the first Tuesday in January. Syfy’s Craig Engler made the announcement today via Twitter.

The network will air the rest of the series in a marathon from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern and Pacific time on January 4.

The episodes are currently making their worldwide debut on Canada’s SPACE network, which has continued to air the back half of the season Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. E/P.

They’ll also be out on DVD on December 21, in time for Christmas.

Caprica aired alongside Stargate Universe in October, but its low ratings and failure to find a sufficiently large audience led to its cancellation and removal from the fall schedule (story).

A second Battlestar Galactica spin-off, Blood & Chrome, will shoot its pilot early next year.

11 years ago
vyp3r

As blkhole said, there are episodes still turning up on the Internet recorded from the SPACE network. Also iTunes is still getting the episodes, so that is another way to get them at the moment.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

Ep 17 down and one to go they had better make it good or no one will watch the spin off.

11 years ago
blkhole
expert

Just watched the final Episode 18 of Caprica. The episode didn't leave anything hanging and was an excellent way to end the show. Allowing carryons for BSG's new series. Well done to all the writers and actors for this show and SPECIAL shock ending.
And so say us all!

11 years ago
newlinux
guru

I was gonna wait till they aired to watch them in HD, but I don't think I can wait...

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

The episode I saw showed highlights of things to come - almost as if they were not aware that it was the last episode.

Agreed - that it was the best episode for a while.

10 years ago
blkhole
expert

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SPOILERS PLEASE.

I believe that it showed small tips to future times....notice a young commander Adama. How Cloe was the first skin job a prelude to all the reincarnations that the cylons were looking for. The eventual battle between those of the one God.... Monos and the other planets with all their Gods. It fits in with the BSG universe exactly. I think they knew about the Bllod and Chrome series and had time to alter or film some short outtakes to fill in the story line so that it would fit. I think they did an extremely good job with the little they had in the time they were given.

10 years ago
vyp3r

Those scene flashes at the end were snipets of what was going to happen in season 2, not as a last minute closer to the series.

The reason why I know is because I downloaded the 720P WEB-DL of the show, which are ripped off the HD iTunes releases. This version comes with all the credits and everything, which the encoders of the Xvid releases off the Space network tend to cut off to save space. (No pun intended there.)

So on my version, after those future flashes up came the words "Next season on Caprica." So they were designed as a tease for next year, but (since we know the show was cancelled) instead they are a quick fill in for us.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Agreed

10 years ago
renchamp
pro

And season 2 Looked so promising, Why is it shows get cancelled when they get good. It finaly picked up pace and got some action into it.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

Oh I don't know - it all looked a little more of the same

10 years ago
markgmontano
regular

I was disappointed that they cancelled it. It was one of the few shows I enjoyed.

10 years ago
angelspirit
expert

I agree markgmontano... really disappointing! The show was getting so good!

:(

10 years ago

I really believe that if the series had moved along at quicker pace and gotten to the few episodes quicker and let the plot quicken with the character study in the background not vice versus at as it was the series would have been continued. It is good to have character study episodes as fillers but not as the main theme.every sci-fi show that has gone to that extreme has died an early death.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

I agree Cap - there was so much desire amongst BSG fans for this to be successfull that it wouldn't have taken much to have kept them watching - the show had a lot of potential

10 years ago
c13
guru

one more good show has died ate this step we will run out of good sci fi

10 years ago
bojan
expert

It takes more than half a season for a show to get a good fan base going, it's really disappointing the way shows get canceled before they have a chance to get started.

Caprica was very different from BSG, I guess people were just expecting Caprica to be another BSG series. I loved both shows but for different reasons.

I'm really looking forward to the final five(hehe) tomorrow.

10 years ago
hoodmk2
guru

unfortunately there is a financial aspect to TV productions and if there is not the support from the fan base, then the show can't be sold to the networks for a profit.
I don't disagree that given an opportunity, Caprica may have become financially succesfull but unfortunately in these tough financial times, no one wanted to take the gamble.

10 years ago
c13
guru

why can`t they win their profits on the internet putting the shows available on their own site?

10 years ago

half the population, cannot watch directly from there site if you dont live live in America yoiu need a proxy server that works, I think the only expection to the rule is sancturary which started out as a web based show and then got picked up by s-fi stations around the world> If am wrong please correct me

10 years ago
quark
guru

I believe you are correct Cap'n.

Note for those who live outside the US read this thread

http://sharetv.org/forum/downloads/Q_106238 It works for me.

10 years ago
c13
guru

i don`t think you are wrong but is it possible to correct that?

10 years ago
c13
guru

thanks

10 years ago
icarus7z7
guru

I've always liked Caprica and I'm glad they put at least 5 more shows on. The whole show from day 1 seemed like it was put together in a hurry and they could've done a lot more with it.

10 years ago
newlinux
guru

this show was much better in the end than in the beginning. A pity it didn't pick up the pace and push the plot a little more earlier.

10 years ago
angelspirit
expert

Just finished watching the last few episodes... I agree, the show was better in the end because the plot was evolving a lot faster. I would have liked to see the taking over of the Geminon base of the STO but I guess I can live without it =)

10 years ago
icarus7z7
guru

Me hopez me is alive when they do invent the Halo-band.

10 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.