Country
UK
Network
ITV TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Broadchurch (UK) tv show photo

Broadchurch (UK)

Broadchurch is a crime drama series starring David Tennant. DI Alec Hardy is an out-of-town detective. Danny Latimer has been discovered dead on an beach surrounded by rocks and a jutting cliff-face from where he may have fallen. The seaside town of Broadchurch becomes the centre of a major police investigation and a national media frenzy.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
darlenedynka
broadchurch vs gracepoint

Aren't Broadchurch and Gracepoint almost exactly alike?

7 years ago
Comments
tash845
guru

My husband and I just finished watching Broadchurch on Netflix. Very well written and great acting by the whole cast. So many twists and turns; the last show we thought we knew what was going to happen to a main character ... whew!

5 years ago

Quite a ride isn't it, Tash! One of my favorite series. For me, Hardy (Tennent) and Miller (Colman) are magic together. I would never tire of them, they could go on investigating for eons as far as I'm concerned. We do have one more season of the duo to look forward to, after that I am afraid they are done.

Actually in the first series their relationship is almost non-existent, We see two individuals working a against each other as Hardy is the outsider and Miller is seeped in village life and relationships. Miller is resentful of Hardy's intrusion (and the fact that he got her job) and Hardy is carrying so much baggage around with him that he can barely walk much less do his job. Their dynamic grows in series two.

There were some that didn't care for S2 as much as S1, I thought it was terrific. It started slow, the first few episodes as the courtroom scenes were drawn out and left more questions than answers, but as the second investigation unfolds and we find out more about Hardy and his past... the interplay of the dual crimes and the interaction of Hardy and Miller is golden. Miller comes into her own and it is a sight to behold. I can't wait to see what will happen next.

5 years ago

Back to S1... it was groundbreaking TV and started a genre of its' own that has been copied many times since. The audience viewed the story from the inside rather than as an outsider like we see in Law and Order and many established detective/crime series.

We were privy to the family's thoughts and feelings as they tried to cope with the trauma of their circumstance. We had the village residents perspective of the events and watched life, as the village knew it, crumble from the weight of it all. Nothing would ever be the same and it was all happening before our eyes.

An interesting point - the actors had no idea who was to blame for the crime, that was kept secret until the last minute (so to speak) and was a surprise to all. This is why we never get an inkling from the characters, if they had known, a look, a phrase (just from knowing their fate) may have pointed to someone as the culprit. We had none of that - no help at all and that was by design.

I remember reviewing that first season in minute detail and I did not figure it out. In hindsight, I should have seen it, but as an audience we were looking from the inside and that is a limiting view. That is what made Hardy so crucial to the investigation. Yes, there were many twists and turns!

5 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.