60 min.
Country
USA
Network
Syndicated TV Network

Top Contributors

Babylon 5 tv show photo

Babylon 5

In the year 2258, it is ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. Commander Sinclair takes command of a giant space station, orbiting a planet in neutral space. At a crossroads of interstellar commerce and diplomacy, Cmdr Sinclair must try to establish peace and prosperity between various interstellar empires, all the while fighting forces from within the Earth Alliance.

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
romeo53
guru
Babylon 5 Is Not DeadNews

Babylon 5 Is Not DeadNews Wednesday, July 27 by Romeo53

Babylon 5 is not dead? Really? Who says?

J. Michael Straczynski, that's who.

The man himself (if you're not a Bab5 fan, then you'll be forgiven for not knowing he's the creator of the show and that he wrote 90% of all the five seasons worth of episodes) was at San Diego Comic Con this year to chat about this and that, (he worked on Underworld: Awakening, Thor and World War Z) and, inevitably, the question of more Babylon 5 came up.

The really weird thing is that instead of knocking that suggestion on the head as a fanboy pipe-dream, he intimated that Warner Bros. approached him last year to create a new Babylon 5 for a new 'distribution system'.

We can only surmise that WB wanted to start an online portal for their content, and that B5 was to be a part of the show to get people involved.

Now of course, online B5. Meh. The Lost Tales showed what kind of trouble he could get himself into. JMS said, however, that he didn't want anything B5 related on the cheap.

He made an ultimatum: two to three million per episode. Complete creative control.

"Bahahaha!", you scoff.

Scoff not. WB said yes.

Holy dooley. Why haven't we heard about this until now? Well, the 'distribution system' went kaput.

That, in itself, is a tragedy, for B5 fans eager to enter that universe in a big budget kind of way. OMG - can you imagine a BSG-style revamp of B5? That… that would be tremendous. Whilst nothing's happening right away, the alacrity with which WB reportedly jumped at the chance to reignite the B5 flame means that B5 returning to our world in some way might come sooner (ie, sooner than the never that we had down in our calendar) than you think.

Fingers crossed.

9 years ago
Comments
jaaa

Wow, I would love to see a remake of B5. But, quality mostly depend on network that decides to take it - since ABC spiler the new 'V' (at least for me).

Syfy would be the best option, as far as I know :)

9 years ago
doronsky
guru

i loved Babylon 5 .
and would love to see it back .
i hope syfy don't do it thou.they are not up to the task .as with some of they-er other series's are badly made . but not all ? .

9 years ago
jaaa

Read more
http://sharetv.org/shows/babylon_5/updates/1096

9 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.