After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was.
The Flash has good morals, he does not like to lie about who he really is, like when he first met, Oliver, Felicity and Quentin, and told them he was a forensic scientist, this was only because he knew they wouldn't take him very seriously if they knew he was only an assistant forensic scientist, when Oliver confronted him, after he found out who Barry really was, He did not try to deny it, but he also explained the reason why he did it.
The Flash has a lot of respect for the vigilante known as The Arrow, when he found out that Oliver/The Arrow are the same person he was amazed, he also saved his life after he was injured by Cyrus Gold and consequently poisoned, despite the fact that he barely knew Oliver, he also keeps his secret. Despite his respect for Oliver, Barry is not above standing up to him, like when he pointed out that Oliver was being a jerk to Felicity, though he said this in a respectable way.
Oliver mentions Barry is very stubborn and isn't likely to learn from his flaws until experiencing them first hand as shown during his training with Oliver. This prompted Oliver to show Barry a potential consequence of not surveying his surroundings before charging at an enemy by shooting him with two remote controlled crossbows.
Powers and Abilities
* Peak of superhuman physical condition/Metahuman physiology: After being affected by the explosion at S.T.A.R labs, Barry's DNA was altered. This granted him various abilities.
* Superhuman speed: After being electrocuted by the lightning storm created by the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator and having unknown chemicals falling on top of him, Barry gained superhuman speed. It allows him to move much faster than a normal human. Noticeably, his physique has also been augmented, obtaining a lean-built frame to better handle these increased speeds. Although his top speed is unknown, it is known that he can run at least at Mach 1.1 (837mph/1347km). The intensity of his speed allows him to run vertically up structures and even above large masses of water. His bodily control can also vibrate his entire body to mask his body from others clearly perceiving it and even distort his vocal cords to disguise his voice. Since regaining his speed after Blackout siphoned it, he has been seen outrunning bolts of electricity (which travel at 3,700mph/Mach 4.8) as a result of his cells producing even more energy than before.
* Superhuman stamina: Barry's body can handle the stresses of superhuman racing without noticeable distress, and his body's enhanced stamina allows him to function much longer then a normal human without getting tired or weak.
* Superhuman reflexes: Barry's increased speed also augments his reaction time, allowing him to react to danger and events much faster than a normal human.
* Accelerated perception: Barry speed also extends to his senses and mental capacities, allowing him to take in information and process it at much faster rates than a normal human. This ability allows Barry to see the world as if it is in slow motion, which, combined with his physical speed, lets him perform thoughts and actions long before a normal human around him could even perceive them.
* Rapid cellular regeneration: Another effect of his augmented speed is his dramatically heightened healing capacities. In the event that he is injured, his body undergoes rapid cell regeneration, allowing him to heal much faster than a normal human. After breaking his wrist while testing his new-found speed, Barry made a full recovery within three hours with no lingering effects or even signs of it having ever happened. His body also has a heightened resistance, if not immunity, to any drugs, toxins, and poisons. He drank several shots of alcohol in a second and felt nothing, and even when Caitlin and Cisco made him a special 500 proof alcohol to drink, he was only intoxicated for less than a minute before the effects wore off. Similarly, when The Arrow shot him with an arrow syringe full of 2,000mg of horse tranquilizer, Barry was only momentarily affected until he moved his cells so quickly that the sedatives were literally pushed out of his body in a green vapor.
* Extreme force generation: Through generation of momentum via his extreme acceleration, he is able to propel himself through the air and create substantial frictional force with any object he comes into contact with, as seen when he jumped 10-15 feet in the air to collide with a piece of debris to save Joe West. This also can set his regular clothing on fire, or simply cast burning from his clothing or sometimes the clothing of others, such as Felicity, who had to pull of her blouse due to it smoking, that are moving with him, all due to the extreme friction force he generates while accelerating his movements at full or almost full potential. When he stops using his speed while in his normal clothes or others with regular clothing are being moved by him, these clothing sometimes smoke, cast ambers, or catch fire and burn. Alternatively, his enhanced speed lets him manifest his enhanced force into powerful strikes, often propelling objects or people several feet. While this does not enhance his strength, it definitely compensates for his normal physical strength by greatly increasing the force behind his hits. The more he accelerates his movement, the more force he generates, even to the point where he could create sonic blasts with his strikes while moving at Mach 1.1, enough to disable a metahuman who could become as strong and hard as steel.
* High-level intellect: Barry is very intelligent, as proven by his many accurate theories about The Arrow. He correctly determined The Arrow's training background from his green attire, and that The Arrow has one or more accomplices, including one with a background in computer sciences. Barry is well-informed of The Arrow's many foes, showing great information-gathering skills. He was also able to cure Oliver Queen using only a small amount of rat poison after he was injured by Cyrus Gold and consequently dosed with a blood coagulant.
* Forensic expert: Despite only being a forensic science assistant, Barry is a highly skilled forensics examiner. From a single glance of the crime scene, he can quickly determine much of the events that transpired.
* Chemistry expert: Barry's knowledge and skill in chemistry is very advanced, shown when he was terrified that nitric acid was next to hydrazine, and permanganates on top of acetone in the lab at Queen Consolidated, describing all four chemicals as the definition of dangerous. This skill was also demonstrated when he used unknown types of chemicals to make a compressible micro-fabric green domino mask for Oliver, so he could conceal his identity more effectively than the grease paint Oliver was previously using without affecting Oliver's sight and, by extension, his aim.
* Hand-to-hand combatant: Despite not having much skills and experience in combat, Barry's superhuman speed combined with intelligence makes him a formidable opponent alone. In "Flash vs. Arrow", he was able to fight Oliver as an equal (albeit Oliver was trying not to hurt him), despite the latter the being more skilled and experienced in combat then he is.
* Hyper-metabolism: While moving at accelerated speeds, Barry burns calories much faster than a normal person. This requires him to consume large amounts of nutrients to maintain his peak physical performance.
* Cold temperatures: Because speed is produced by a build-up of heat in the target's atoms, Barry is vulnerable to extreme cold temperatures. Under these conditions, Barry's speed will be greatly reduced, and it will also temporarily stunt his healing capacities.
* Electricity absorption: Barry's unique biology causes his body to produce massive amounts of electricity, which charges his molecules and allows him to accelerate his movement. This electricity charges his cells, which gives him his speed. Should Barry be drained of this electrical energy, he will lose his enhanced speed ability. However, this ability is genetically coded to his DNA, meaning he is incapable of losing his potential for enhanced speed, but the electricity in his body is needed to jump start it. If this electricity is absorbed by another source, such as in the case with the electricity vampire Blackout, all of Barry's powers will be suppressed, including his healing and accelerated perception. Much like an electrical device, which needs to recharge, he must electrify himself to a great extent in order to jump start his powers once more. After regaining his powers and unlocking the full potential of his abilities, Barry's speed was enhanced to the point that he became capable of outrunning electricity.
The Flash Photos
|Previous: Nyssa al Ghul||Next: Ra's al Ghul|