After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was.
Ray Palmer had virtual blueprints for the A.T.O.M. Exosuit, which he holographically projected and observed. He later showed Felicity Smoak the blueprints after she suspected something was up, and he revealed to her his plans, asking that she assist him. After spending over a week with little rest and food, Ray Palmer had completed the exosuit and gave it a test through Starling City.
After Ra's al Ghul had the League of Assassins begin impersonating The Arrow, Ray made it his mission to bring him to justice. He used the suit to the scene of a crime that the Arrow had seemingly committed, with eight dead bodies surrounding him. He used the x-ray and facial recognition software built in to the suit to identify him as Oliver Queen. They later fought, with Ray easily overpowering the Arrow. However, he realized the suit's power source was located in the leg and so he throws a flechete at it, reducing Ray to his knees.
* Flight: The suit contains high powered propulsion jets on the back, shoulders, upper arms, and in the legs, allowing the wearer to fly with great speed. The wearer can also perform aerodynamic feats with ease, as well as simply hover.
* Enhanced durability: The suit can resist several forms of damage, such as bullets or arrows. It can be caught in explosions and not have a scratch on it.
* Compressed Solid Light Blast: The suits primary weaponizible function is its capability of creating focused energy blasts of solid light that generate similar force to that of powerful windstorms. These blasts areemitted from the wrists and hand and are powerful enough to crack concrete grounding. The suit builds up energy on the hand and wrist to fire this energy blast, meaning that it is not exactly instantaneous.
* Electricity Projection: The suit is equipped with gloves that project arcs of high voltage electricity via the fingertips. The electricity is capable of sending a target backwards and is none lethal, though it may be able to use a higher voltage for lethal attacks. In addition, this weapon can fire in a millisecond whereas the primary solid light weapon takes a few seconds or less to charge up and build energy to fire, making the electric weapon slightly faster in functionality than the primary weapon.
* X-Ray Vision: The suit has the ability to use the equivalent of x-ray vision to see through walls.
* Advanced Computer System: The suit's computer systems are capable of scanning objects and identifying in seconds, even if the object is obscured. These systems can create a near three dimensional image of whatever it sees and can uses to this to render a scanned object and other information surrounding it within its advanced heads-up-display (HUD). The HUD is capable of processing several images at once. It also has a targeting system and projects targeting reticles on the HUD. The suits targeting systems are in since with it's weapons and can activate and use a selected weapon milliseconds after selecting a target.
* Advanced Facial Recognition Software: Felicity Smoak built the suit to make use of facial recognition, regardless of how vague or hidden it is, meaning it is capable of scanning any target and making a nearly instantaneous match to the subject.
* Damage to Power-Source: The power source to the suit is located in its hip area and, if it is located and damaged, the wearer could be left defenseless against attack. Damaging the power source will remove the suits capabilities, though this may be reversible. Without power the suit becomes a heavy husk, the weight being enough to incapacitate the user.
The A.T.O.M. Photos
|Previous: Canary||Next: Sin|