After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was.
Roy William Harper, Jr., better known as simply Roy Harper, (born 1991) is a street-savvy teenager from the Glades. He is the son of the late Roy Harper, S. and an unnamed woman, the boyfriend and love interest of Thea Queen. He is also one of The Arrow's supporters.
Roy does not like to steal and only does it because he is in a bad situation. He resents rich people because he believes most of them are greedy, arrogant and selfish, and he is not above taking things for free, particularly from rich people. Despite his initial dislike of Thea at the time, he saved her from two thugs before they can steal from her, showing that he tries to do the right thing. He has a fear of needles (but it is mentioned that this fear may stem from past experiences and a fear of becoming a drug addict).
He has stated he will never beg for his life because his enemies do not deserve the satisfaction. He is shown to be grateful, as after The Arrow saved his life, he seeks to find out his identity. Roy states that he owes him everything, and possibly worships The Arrow, because he believes him to be a hero. Roy later says the reason he wants to find The Arrow is because he lost someone and wants The Arrow to mentor him, so he doesn't lose anyone else ever again.
He is impulsive, shown when he steals a police radio, in order to help himself find The Arrow, and gets arrested for it. He later broke up with Thea, because he would not give up on his search for The Arrow, but he regretted it. He is also shown to be a selfless person, rescuing and helping people.
Powers and Abilities:
* Superhuman Physical Condition: he is injected with the The Miracle and manages to survive. This may allow him some degree of enhanced strength, speed, and stamina.
* Enhanced Recuperation: The effects of the serum also enhanced his natural healing powers, causing the wound from the arrow that Oliver fired at him to heal completely.
* Free running/Acrobatics: when attempting to flee from Thea and Laurel, Roy showed he could easily scale a fence multiple meters high in one fluid movement, making use of a nearby wall to provide leverage. Roy is shown to be fast enough to catch up with Sin.
* Skilled street fighter: Having grown up in the Glades all his life, Roy had taught himself to fight back. In "The Huntress Returns", Roy was able to hold out on his own while fighting two thugs, even using the wall to build up centripetal force, jumping over one the thugs and strike him down. In "Sacrifice", he took out two thugs without taking a hit from them, by flipping the second thug onto the then down first thug. In "City of Heroes", he has shown an ability to fight more than three opponents simultaneously, including when they wield weapons.
* Skilled marksman: Roy is shown to be skilled enough to throw a flechette, straight at Oliver's face (under the guise of The Arrow), which Oliver managed to catch, Roy has good accuracy despite the fact that he was not trained in archery.
* Roy Harper's Flechette: Roy received this Flechette after The Arrow, saved his life from the psychotic Joseph Falk aka The Savior, Roy keeps it as a reminder that The Arrow saved his life, and he owes him everything. He later painted it red so he would not get this Flechette confused with one of The Arrow's flechettes, which are green. Roy now uses it as a way to contact The Arrow.
Roy Harper Photos
|Previous: Laurel Lance||Next: Robert Queen|