After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While he hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was.
* Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Laurel received extensive hand-to-hand combat training. This is because Quentin made her take self-defense classes. Becoming a vigilante, she later begun increasing her skills in boxing and combat via training under Ted Grant. This training allowed her to fight crime as Black Canary, however she still ends up getting injured, though she proves a match against common Red Scarfs. Recently, Laurel has shown being able to trade blows with Nyssa al Ghul. She nonetheless complimented Laurel's fighting skills and offers her further training like how Sara was trained.
* Expert lawyer/Detective: These help Laurel to use the system of the court to her knowledge. It also makes her look at every aspect before making up her mind, and to see the bright side of everyone. They also help her in her quest to find the truth about Sebastian Blood.
* Skilled markswoman/Firearms: Laurel's father taught her how to use guns and Laurel is shown to possess several firearms. She uses the shotgun on Mr. Blank possibly to slow him down long enough for the Vigilante to rescue them. She later kills Officer Daily, which makes her a skilled markswoman.
* Skilled stick fighter: While starting to become a vigilante Laurel used a stick in her first fight. She later used the bo-staff of Sara, which she later replaced for a police baton. Through trial and error Laurel slowly became skilled in using a stick in combat. However, her stick fighting skills, are still nowhere near her late sister's level.
* Guns: Laurel is very proficient in using guns.
* Black Canary Costume: Laurel wears a black leather costume while fighting crime as Black Canary. The costume is a modified version of the one used by her late sister. She also wears the black mask and the blond wig to hide her identity from her enemies.
* Expandable Batons: After taking her role as Black Canary, Laurel took Sara's bo-staff to fight crime. The staff consists of a pair of expandable batons to fight. They are able to combine into a bo-staff. Laurel later abandoned this weapon in favor of a side-handle baton.
* Nightstick: Laurel later used a nightstick like the one used by police officers. She is able to wield this weapon proficiently while fighting thugs.
* Sonic Device: Laurel used the sonic device of her late sister to stun two criminals and break their car windows.
Black Canary Photos
|Previous: Green Arrow||Next: Arsenal|