Country
USA
Network
FOX TV Network
Genre

Top Contributors

Almost Human tv show photo

Almost Human

The year is 2048. Meet John Kennex, a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can’t remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage.

Watch Preview

Message Board

Ask New Question
« Back to discussion list
romeo53
guru
Almost Human

New Show Watch: FOX Unveils Almost Human

Take a peek at the first full-length trailer and story details for FOX’s new sci-fi drama about human and android police detectives.
Set in the year 2048, [i]Almost Human
stars Karl Urban (Star Trek Into Darkness) as John Kennex, who returns to the LAPD after a 17-month coma following a terrible battle. In this world humans and androids fight side-by-side, and Kennex learns that during his time away it has become mandated that all officers ride with an android partner.
He rejects the advanced (and by-the-book) MX model, but finds someone who may be a real partner in “Dorian” (co-star Michael Ealy) — the decommissioned DRN android model engineered to express human-like feelings.
FOX will premiere Almost Human late this fall, likely in early November after baseball season is finished. It will air Mondays at 8/7c, taking the place of Bones when that show goes on break. Both shows will be paired with another genre newcomer, Sleepy Hollow (9/8c).

And the network’s description of the show:
Starring Karl Urban (“Star Trek”) and Michael Ealy (“Sleeper Cell,” “Common Law”), the new series is an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. The year is 2048. Meet JOHN KENNEX (Urban), a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can’t remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend, ANNA MOORE (guest star Mekia Cox, “Crazy, Stupid, Love.,” “Undercovers”), left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage. Suffering from depression, mental atrophy, trauma-onset OCD, PTSD and the “psychological rejection of his synthetic body part,” John returns to work at the behest of longtime ally Captain SANDRA MALDONADO (Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, “Six Feet Under,” “Ransom”).
By mandate, every cop must partner with a robot. And despite his passionate aversion to androids, John is paired up with a battle-ready MX-43. But he abruptly terminates his partnership after the robot discovers incriminating information about him. So technician RUDY LOM (Mackenzie Crook, “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise) introduces John to DORIAN (Ealy), a discontinued android with unexpected emotional responses. Although such responses were deemed flaws, it is in these “flaws” that John relates to Dorian most. After all, John is part-machine now, and Dorian is part-human. John and Dorian’s understanding of each other not only complements them, it connects them.
As he adjusts to working with his new partner, John also must learn to get along with his new colleagues, including the eager and somewhat starstruck Detective VALERIE STAHL (Minka Kelly, “Friday Night Lights,” “(500) Days of Summer”) and the distrustful Detective RICHARD PAUL (Michael Irby, “Law Abiding Citizen,” “The Unit”), who does not welcome John back with open arms. ALMOST HUMAN will follow the week-to-week missions of John and Dorian, as they fight crime across this futuristic landscape, while the mysteries surrounding his attack and the larger mythology of this new world unfold.
Almost Human is created and written by J.H. Wyman (Fringe), with J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk (both of whom count among their credits LOST, Star Trek, Person of Interest, Fringe, Alcatraz, Revolution, and more) joining as producers. Lili Taylor, Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Mekia Cox also star.

[/i]

7 years ago
Comments
romeo53
guru

Almost Human Cast Talks About the New Series

FOX has released a new promo video for its upcoming sci-fi cop show Almost Human. Check it out below!
Set 46 years in the future, Almost Human follows Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban) and his android partner Dorian (Michael Ealy). Kennex rejoins the force after a 2-year coma that leaves him with deep physical and emotional scars, and the two protect a futuristic Los Angeles while exploring what it means to be human.
The show was created by J.H. Wyman (Fringe) and executive produced by J.J. Abrams (Alias, LOST). It also co-stars Lili Taylor (Six Feet Under), Mackenzie Crook (Pirates of the Caribbean), Minka Kelly, (Friday Night Lights), and Michael Irby (The Unit).
The new video inter-cuts the cast members talking about the series with some never-before-seen footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQMiovU8lzs

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

looks ok but i dont see it lasting long
time will tell.

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

first episode not to bad

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

it was better than i expected it to be .

Karl Urban and Michael Ealy played well

6 years ago
starbuck13
guru

I didn't expect much either but I'm very pleased so far.

6 years ago
hochtaloughie

Something was banging about in the back of my brain since the pilot aired.

Today it finally popped into the forebrain... The android, Andrew, from Isaac Asimov's "Bicentennial Man" was from the NDR series of androids in that story. Dorian, in "Almost Human", is a DRN series android. Same letters in the designation code.

Okay now... is this coincidence or deliberate? This series really evokes Asimov's R. Daneel Olivaw acting as the partner of a police detective who is suspicious of androids.

6 years ago
goddessnoire

@hochtalou, i'm so glad you noticed that. Not very many people are familiar with Asimov's robot series and I'm a huge fan. I believe that you're right, if the writers are smart, this was not coincidence. I believe Michael Ely nails the character too. He reminds me so much of Daneel in his mannerisms. I believe that if they are smart, they could easily make this show good. I can even see Dorian maybe leading a robot revolution of some sorts.

6 years ago

could go either way i think

6 years ago
sandwich1234

was episode 3 a Die Hard take-off?

6 years ago
hochtaloughie

On the DRN designation - had to be for the character's name = DoRiaN.

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

iv got to say mackenzie crook is really good in this show

he has a good work cv

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

i really enjoyed episode 5
ps ( lets have dredd 2. judge death film with karl urban. )

6 years ago
romeo53
guru

so far so good
let's hope it continues

6 years ago
doronsky
guru

good episode ???? what's over the wall ?????

6 years ago

You are successfully logged out.
login
[close]

ShareTV Login

Username
Password
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Create Account

Username
Password
Verify Password
EMAIL

Verification code (check your email for the verification code)

Verification code has been sent to the following email address:
If you didn't receive the verification code:

1. Check your bulk/spam folder.

2. Try to whitelist our email address (noreply@sharetv.org)

3. Resend verification email

If you mistyped your email address change it here
Create a free ShareTV account to make a personalized schedule of your favorite TV shows, keep track of what you've watched, earn points and more.
Verify your username and email to complete your Registration
Enter the text in the image shown if you are human.
WARNING: after 2 more failed attempts you will be locked out
[close]

Forgot Your Password?

EMAIL
Enter the email address you used to create the account and your password will be emailed to you.