Apr. 11th, 1974
Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England, UK
Zoe Lucker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Yorkshire-born Zoe Lucker has been on our screens a lot in recent years in TV dramas such as "Holby City", Trial & Retribution IV (2000) (TV), Barabara, Brazen Hussies (1996) (TV) and "Coronation Street" (1960), where she played Sonia Leech, owner of the beauty parlour where Raquel worked.
But it's her role as Tanya Turner in "Footballers' Wives" (2002 that she really loves. She adores her character ("We're both survivors, but I wouldn't use people the way she does to get on in life"), the stunning clothes, the dramatic scenes with screen husband Cristian Solimeno - and she's even learnt to live with her extra-long fake fingernails. The only part she hated was filming the opening sequence in a pool because, probably just like Tanya, she's not keen on swimming and prefers to keep her head above water. However, 28-year-old Lucker really is keen on football, and once bid successfully at a charity auction for a tour of Leeds United football ground.
- Has three siblings.
- Parents spent year + half doing voluntary service in Zambia then became school teachers.
- Left drama school aged 21, got herself an agent and her first job was on tour with the Hull Truck Theatre Company in 'John Godber' (qv) plays including "Dracula" and "The New Office Party".
- Gave birth to a baby girl named Lilly Alabama Herbert in 2008.
- Father set up his own stained glass design business. He also writes music and can play several musical instruments.
- Lives in Stoke Newington with her partner, television presenter Tony Craig
- Did A-levels at Huddersfield New College and went to Drama School in Manchester, obtaining drama degree.
- Her school teacher, Tony Walker, wrote a part in a play for her