Oct. 17th, 1968
Ziggy Marley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Nesta "Ziggy" Marley(born October 17, 1968,Trenchtown, Jamaica) is a and leader of the band Ziggy Marley and the Melody Maker soldest son of Rita and Bob Marley
In 1979, Ziggy and his siblings,and Sharonmade their recording debut withtheir father, "Children Playing in the Streets".The Melody Makers, as the group came to be known, played occasionally for several years,including at their father's funeral in 1981.
- Ziggy Marley was born David Nesta Marley in 1968. He was nicknamed "Ziggy" by his father.
- Is 1/4 British and 3/4 Jamaican.
- Son of 'Rita Marley (I)' (qv).
- Has 12 siblings ('Sharon Marley Prendergast' (qv), 'Cedella Marley' (qv), 'Stephen Marley (II)' (qv), Stephanie, Rohan, Robbie, Karen, 'Julian Marley' (qv), 'Damian Marley' (qv), 'Ky-Mani Marley' (qv), Cerita and Makeda Jahnesta).
- Formed a band with Stephen, Sharon and Cedella Marley called The Melody Makers
- Son of 'Bob Marley (I)' (qv)
- Brother-in-law of singer 'Lauryn Hill' (qv).
- His mother, Rita, wrote a book on his father Bob Marley called "No Woman No Cry".