Apr. 23rd, 1975
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Zach Selwyn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Actor/Musician Zach Selwyn was raised in Tucson, Arizona and studied broadcast journalism at the University of Southern California. He starred on ESPN's TV show "Dream Job" and was considered to be the "most talented candidate" by America and the show's judges. He later returned to the network in a series of pilots and guest appearances. He spent 2 1/2 years as a comedic correspondent/actor on G4's wildly popular "Attack of the Show!" Recently he shot the American version of "CQC," as well as pilots for Versus, Discovery Science and Fox Sports. His country-rock band "Zachariah and the Lobos Riders", can be seen and heard in the film "Dead and Breakfast" and they have released four critically acclaimed CDs. As well as being known for his involvement with sketch comedy in Los Angeles, Selwyn is also an accomplished short story and screenwriter. In college he wrote comedic pieces for the late L.A. based cult magazine "28th Street Magazine," where he developed a cult following.
- Zachariah & the Lobos Riders performed a two hour show at actor Hayes MaCarthur's birthday party April 2007 in Los Angeles.
- His comedic singles "Cartoons I'd Like to F***" and "TSA Gangstaz" have been viewed over 5 million times online. He also performed a rap video for the Sci Fi TV show "Stargate: Atlantis," produced by Terrace Martin, which in turn, led to a role on the popular TV series.
- Brother of producer/director Jesse Selwyn.
- Has appeared on and won three game shows in his life. "Trashed" on MTV (1994), "Beat the Geeks" on Comedy Central (2002) and "Lingo" on GSN (2005).
- 'Shooter Jennings' (qv) referred to Zachariah as "Our generation's closest thing to 'Kris Kristofferson (I)' (qv)" in a recent interview.
Related sites for this celeb