Aug. 28th, 1930
Canning Town, London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Windsor Davies born 28 August 1930, Canning Town, West Ham, London, is a British actor, well known for playing the part of Battery Sergeant Major Williams in the 1970s British sitcom It Ain't Half Hot Mum.Davies was born to Welsh parents, He attended Ogmore Grammar School and Bangor Teacher Training College. He then worked as a teacher and did national service before going into acting.
- Returned to parents' native Rhondda Valley in 1940.
- Had a surprise number one hit record in the UK in 1975 with "Whispering Grass", a duet with his _"It Ain't Half Hot Mum" (1974)_ (qv) co-star 'Don Estelle' (qv).
- Divides his time between France and England.
- Worked as a teacher and a miner before becoming an actor in 1961.
- The casting director 'Jane Davies (II)' (qv) is his eldest daughter.
- Born to Welsh parents living in East London.
- Attended a drama course at Richmond College in 1961.
Related sites for this celeb