Mar. 22nd, 1931
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William Shatner OC is a Canadian actor, author, producer, and director. In his seven decades of television, Shatner became a cultural icon for his portrayal of James T. Kirk, captain of the USS Enterprise, in the Star Trek franchise
- One of his favorite restaurants to eat at while in Montreal is Vichy's.
- In 2001, he married Elizabeth Martin, a horse trainer who lost her husband to cancer in 1997. Their grief and their love of horses drew them together they currently live in Southern California.
- Is of Ukrainian-Jewish descent and is mentioned in _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv) episode "Like Father, like Klown" [sic] (series 3, Episode 6) as being a famous Jewish entertainer. He is also mentioned by 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv) in "The Hanukkah Song" ("You don't need Deck The Halls or Jingle Bell Rock/When you can spin a dreidel with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock").
- Money from his dad's Laval, Quebec hardware and furniture business supported him during the actor's job hunt in the U.S.
- (9 August 1999) His third wife, 'Nerine Kidd' (qv), accidentally drowned in the swimming pool at their home in Studio City.
- Daughter 'Lisabeth Shatner' (qv) wrote the script for the _"T.J. Hooker" (1982)_ (qv) episode "Partners in Death" (1986).
- Did most of his own stunts for _Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)_ (qv), even though he had a stunt double, 'John Meier (I)' (qv).
- The hometown of his alter-ego Capt. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa is known by hardcore Trekkers as "the other Kirkland". Kirkland, Canada is a few miles from Montreal, Quebec.