Apr. 13th, 1950
Buffalo, New York, USA
William Sadler's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William Sadler (April 13, 1950) began his acting career in New York theatres, appearing in more than 75 productions in just 12 years. His final role was as Sgt. Toomey in the Tony winning show Biloxi Blues. He is best remembered for his roles in Die Hard 2 (1990) and The Shawshank Redemption (1994). He is also a television star, appearing in such sitcoms as "Roseanne" (1988) and Murphy Brown (1988) and such movies-of-the weeks as Charlie and the Great Balloon Chase (1981) (TV). Sadler is currently starring on the WB's weekly dramatic series Roswell (1999), in the role of Sheriff Jim Valenti.
- _The Mist (2007)_ (qv) is not his first experience with the story as he played the main character, "David Drayton", in the audio-book version.
- Born on the exact same day as 'Ron Perlman' (qv) (they have both appeared in the stage play "The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui").
- Has played 'Shia LaBeouf' (qv)'s father in two films: _The Battle of Shaker Heights (2003)_ (qv) and _Eagle Eye (2008)_ (qv).
- A graduate of SUNY Geneseo.
- Attended Orchard Park High School in Orchard Park, New York, a suburb of Buffalo.
- Attended Cornell University.
- Was featured as "The Grim Reaper" in both _Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)_ (qv) and _"Tales from the Crypt" (1989)_ (qv).
- He has been in three movies adapted from 'Stephen King (I)' (qv)'s work: _The Shawshank Redemption (1994)_ (qv), _The Green Mile (1999)_ (qv) and _The Mist (2007)_ (qv).