Jun. 7th, 1955
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York, USA
William Forsythe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William (Bill) Forsythe (born June 7, 1955) is an American actor.
Early life William Forsythe grew up in the neighborhoods of Flatbush and Old Mill Basin in Brooklyn. While in Flatbush he attended nearby Holy Cross School located on Church Avenue, graduating 8th grade in 1969. He continued on to Nazareth High School, now known as Nazareth Regional High School and transferred to South Shore High School for his senior year graduating in 1973.
Film career He is frequently cast in "tough guy" roles such as criminals or law enforcement officers. He has appeared in many films such as the deformed mobster Flattop in Dick Tracy starring Warren Beatty, and as crime racket leaders such as Richie Madano in the 1991 Steven Seagal film, Out for Justice. He also portrayed organized crime figure Sammy "The Bull" Gravano in the HBO telefilm Gotti. He portrayed serial killer John Wayne Gacy in Dear Mr. Gacy, a film adaptation of The Last Victim, the memoirs of Jason Moss, a college student who corresponded with Gacy his last year on death row. The film was released in 2010.He also appeared in Raising Arizona
Television career He played Al Capone on the TV series The Untouchables. In addition, Forsythe has guest-starred on numerous television shows, including Tales of the Gold Monkey, Hill Street Blues, Cybill, Entourage, Shark and Las Vegas. He also appeared as the lead singer of the fictional punk rock band "Pain" in an episode of "CHiPs". He also starred in the Masters of Horror episode, We All Scream for Ice Cream. On March 1, 2010 he guest starred on a Rob Zombie-directed episode of CSI: Miami titled "L.A.". He played one of the main characters "Digger" in the series John Doe. He plays Manny Horvitz, a Philadelphia mobster in the second season of Boardwalk Empire.
- By age 17, he was appeared in over 40 plays in various dinner theaters, touring companies, stock and repertory before moving to Los Angeles to pursue a film career.
- Has co-starred with two former NFL players in their first starring roles. 'Brian Bosworth (I)' (qv) in _Stone Cold (1991)_ (qv) and 'Howie Long' (qv) in _Firestorm (1998)_ (qv).
- Was in the alternate ending for _Scary Movie 3 (2003)_ (qv) as Cindy's psychiatrist, but was left on the cutting room floor. (The scene is featured on the DVD.)
- Made his professional stage debut at age 16 in NYC.
- Studied acting at The Beverly Hills Playhouse.
- Father of Rebecca Forsythe (b. September 1990)
- Began acting at age 10 and made his first acting appearance in the title role of "Julius Ceasar" in a school production at the same age.