Jan. 20th, 1979
Wokingham, Berkshire, England, UK
Will Young's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
William Robert "Will" Young is an English singer-songwriter and actor who came to prominence after winning the 2002 inaugural series of the British music contest Pop Idol, making him the first winner of the worldwide Idol franchise.
- (3 March 2002) Début single "Anything Is Possible/Evergreen" enters the UK chart at Number 1, having sold 1.1 million copies in its first week of release, and remains in that position for three weeks.
- (11 July 2004) 7th single "Friday's Child" entered the UK chart at its peak position of Number 4.
- Will was nominated at the Brits 2006 for Best British Single with his song All Time Love. This song was in the final line-up and Will was the only solo singer to be nominated. The winners were the newly re-formed Take That with their single Patience.
- (11 May 2003) Voted the 92nd worst Briton in Channel Four's poll of the 100 Worst Britons.
- (13 October 2002) Début album "From Now On" enters the UK album chart at Number 1.
- (17 November 2002) 4th single "Don't Let Me Down/You and I" enters the UK chart at its peak position of Number 2.
- (14 November 2004) Took part in the Band Aid 20 re-recording of "Do They Know It's Christmas?".
- Nominated for the Best British Male award at the Brit Awards 2006. [10 January 2006]